Friday, September 9, 2011

What I saw last night you didn't

Commentary on the President's Speech on Jobs 9/8/11

Ah, where to begin, except to remind you my expertise is in brainwashing. Keep in mind manipulation requires more than just words if in fact one needs to use words at all. It also requires staging. Staging has been going on since mankind first organized themselves into tribes with a leader. Carl Jung probably was the first to make a study of it and write it down. The final evolution is the new NLP, neurolinguistic programing. To make it simple, it is the art of using expression and positioning to cause a person to believe what you are telling them and manipulate them into doing what you want them to do. A simple example is that the more you scream at a child, the louder things get, but if you lower your voice to where you can barely be heard, the child gradually lowers their voice.

Last night was a masterpiece of really bad dinner theatre.

The first thing I noticed or rather asked was "Who is that man?" I didn't recognize our president. All three of the major players had more makeup on than the entire FOX news team and commentators combined. Trust me, that must have required a trowel. I have a good digital TV and I could not see where Obama's hairline began, the definition of his nose or lips and his eyes were almost invisible. It was looking like a person with a stocking over their head. Thus, I began to look rather than listen and what I saw left me pretty cold.

First of all, why the inverted triangle? I know you just said: huh. Think about it. In courts and political rallies you always use the triangle on its base. It is human nature to see this as a stable structure with the "leader" at the top point. Last night we were looking at an unstable triangle poised on its tip and the "underdog" was the faceless president. More telling in this unholy trinity was who the two top "judges" were. One can understand old Boner being up there but what was the vice president doing there? He has no vote in Congress unless there is a perfect tie. He is lower on the totem pole than the President. Where are the usual suspects: the House and Senate Majority Leaders? Okay, I said to myself, this is getting weird.

Then I looked at these two men and saw the glaring staging. President Obama had nothing on his podium, not even the customary glass of water and he is the one speaking. Now I look at Vice President Biden. Ah my friends, what a picture he made in the understated but super expensive light colored suit and the single glass of water in front of him. That was the most sparkling glass of water I have ever seen in my life. It must have fake water. But my dears, that was not a water glass. It was a Bourbon glass. Had I not known who this was and the picture had been presented to me to caption, it would have been: Old Southern Money with no need to be pretentious with a cut glass 200.00 tumbler because he knows he had the power of life and death. Now we move to the comic relief, Boner. Oh yes, he was part of the play. Did you wonder what that huge sterling silver ornate thing-a-magig was in front of him? I did. I kept getting closer to the screen and finally put my really strong glasses on. It appeared to contain two shakers and two vials. It was a condiment set! What in Hades was that doing up there? They weren't having lunch, but it sure was expensive and gaudy looking. Remember that. Then I looked at the man. That suit was an insult to used car salesmen. This was the picture of a new money Buffoon showing off his wealth (gaudy silver thingy) who thinks he is smart enough to outwit the old grey fox on the other side. Heck, Biden was on the left side of the screen and Boner on the right. Can you get more obvious? Boner sits there through out with the same expression of pain and suffering on his face. Biden claps and stands and even smiles.

Smiles is a very important thing to remember here, a very important thing. When people hear something they like they involuntarily smile a bit even if they catch themselves and stop.

I was looking for the man with the cue cards for the audience. Clap, Stand Up and Sit Down because he seemed to have the lost the Smile Card and couldn't find it. Had they replaced the clapping with Amen it would have looked like a tent revival full of people who had heard it all before and their cues to do something had become rote. The other 2/3's looked like the Presbyterians that got roped into the tent revival and were none to happy about it as they were chewing on rotten lemons.

I didn't see a single person smile even among the supporters. I thought for a moment Michelle smiled but it may have been a nervous tic.

As to our president, well, he proved he can't act. Every statement but one was flat. I think my computer can deliver a more rousing speech with more emotion. I know my cat can, just drop by around feeding time. He didn't believe in a thing he was saying and that was obvious to anyone who is trained to spot a lie at 50 yards or spent any time playing poker with some psychologists that are trained to spot a lie at 50 yards and came out of it with their underwear. Biden is a much better actor.

Will the plan outlined work? In my opinion, which is worth less than a cup of coffee, yes, Will it put us back on the map as an economic power? Yes. Will it put our people back to work? Yes. Will it improve our educational system? Yes. Is it economically viable? Yes. Will it fix our crumbling infrastructure before we can't even get food to our cities because the roads have collapsed under our trucks? Yes. Does it have a prayer in Hell of being implemented? Heck No!

So what was the one statement our president actually believed in, you ask. It was one sentence that was most telling, nicely inserted in a location it had no business being. It was the plan to have our youth graduate from high school and enter 2 years of social service. Only the smartest and richest will be allowed to continue on to college if they pass the proper tests. And what will this social service consist of you are wondering; at least I hope you are. The prisons pretty much have the garbage pick up taken care of, so what are they going to be doing? Gee, I don't know but I do recommend the uniform, and there will be one, consist of brown shirts. It worked so well the last time. Why mess with success?

As to the Republican debates.....when Ron Paul looks like the sane one in a group, you are in trouble because we all know he is nucking futs. You've heard of a dog and pony show? That was a donkey and jackass show.

No wonder I don't watch TV. Now I'm permanently soured on Dinner Theatre.

No comments: