Thursday, August 29, 2013

The Unscrew Faery

George is plagued by a member of the Fae we have come to not so affectionately call the Unscrew Faery. This little creature is capable of unscrewing things. For example, if George places anything but a stick pen in his pocket, a few minutes later, it will be unscrewed and ink will be everywhere. His shoe laces will not remain tied. Given a month or so, Velcro doesn't even work that well. Buttons pop off and disappear forever......it is hard to keep than man together. I've given up. Duct tape doesn't work.

I cannot use a screw driver of any variety. I can't unscrew anything and forget actually getting a screw to go into anything. George can get anything to come apart.

He arrived in the kitchen and held out this to me and asked if I knew what it was....absolutely not. What kind of mess was this?

You are not going to believe this.

That mess on the left is what is left of his shoelace after it was blown apart by the Unscrew Faery. This little monster first removed the plastic tip from the shoe lace so George had glued and taped it closed. When he woke up, this was all that was left threaded through the holes in his shoe and no, it wasn't the cat's work.

Now I am wondering if the cat really has been tearing the toilet paper apart. I mean, she denies it and yesterday when I spun the roll of toilet paper she panicked and ran out of the bathroom. Maybe........Oh, I really, really don't want to think about that........

No comments: