Monday, November 11, 2019

Old Cats and Old Humans




Old cats and old people have one thing in common, we are both grouchy. I think they must feel the years in their bones, too. I had fed the cats and went into the kitchen to get my food. My blood sugar was dropping like a rock. I turned the light on and went for a bowl. One thing I have learned with diabetes is if I don't have prepared food in the morning, I will declare it too much trouble to put the cereal and coconut milk in a bowl and go back to bed. That is the road to the ER. So I was lifting the bowl out of the drainer when I looked down and there in her box was the Matriarch of the Cathood. I don't know exactly how old she is but Napoleon is 16 and she was a matron when he was a bottle sucking kitten. She looked up at me, one eye closed, the other squinting and showed one fang. I clearly heard, “Turn off the f'n light hoooman. I am trying to sleep.” I grabbed my bowl, hastily dumped the blueberry yogurt I made last night and turned off the light. She was already back to sleep.  

No comments: