Sunday, September 7, 2008

Forecast for 09-08-08

09-08-08
I had a lovely and pleasant Pagan Pride Day. I guess I should also add exhausting. One of these days I am going to figure out why the chairs at these events are out to get me and usually succeed. By Tuesday I should be able to walk again. Napoleon has moved into the bedroom. I guess he will be crowding my bed permanently with his toy. The intelligence of these Kitwits is a constant amazement. I always put his toy in the Kleenex box to keep the other cats from finding it. Thursday, I told you that Purrbah actually came in under him, grabbed the toy and just kept going. Well, they fought over it and it is becoming a little fur bare. Suddenly, the toy disappeared and I thought it was somewhere in the room. Well, I couldn't find it. Friday, Napoleon comes in the room, heads for the Kleenex box and I thought- Oh, no...the toy isn't there. He comes out with the toy in his mouth. He had placed it in the Kleenex box to hide it from the other cats! That takes forethought and planning. Many years ago, small businesses and entrepreneurs were considered the backbone of this country. One study of the local economy showed that $68 out of every $100 dollars that is spent at a local business STAYS IN THE COMMUNITY, versus $43 of every $100 spent at a chain? However, in the past 8 years I have been forced more and more to be in contact with the local government where at best the attitude was I am a nuisance. At a tax hearing, small business owners were actually laughed at openly. We are constantly forced to bear the brunt of property taxes where the chains get "incentives" and we get the bill. We are actively zoned out of business. In some cities, a woman trying to supplement her income selling something like Avon has to rent an office because technically, and they do enforce those technicalities down here, you can't operate a business out of your home. Building and zoning has even prosecuted children with lemonade stands (boxes) on their front lawns. Our business insurance rates continue to escalate because the insurance companies know that unlike Wartmart, we don't have the money to hire a team of lawyers to defend us if something happens. The last great debacle was when the county government decided to require all businesses to have surveillance cameras in their parking lots and maintain the records for 30 days. We are talking about an instant at least a 1,000.00 investment for every small business. That doesn't hurt the big guys...heck they already have the cameras there as an insurance break but some small business aren't even making that much profit per month. That's food off the table or a mortgage payment. Next time you are in one of the big box stores, pick up five different products off the shelf and see how many are made in the US. Next time you need technical assistance from a company ask where the person answering the phone is. Then ask yourself why our economy is in the toilet. We aren't making anything, our jobs are overseas, and we are taxing the small business out of business. Do you think that is a coincidence? Support your local merchants before we become extinct.
Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.Today’s Tarot Card is the Chariot: conclusion. Appreciate the voice within that explains your needs and desires as it can also silence the demands of the ego. You are more than it can ever be. All is transient.
Astrological Source: Llewellyn’s 2007 Daily Planetary Guide.Astrologically, Jupiter goes direct at 12:16 AM EDT and the Moon enters Capricorn at 3:45 PM EDT. An aspect lasting a couple days brings in edicts from authorities that are much harsher than needed. Another aspect that is going to last a long time makes authorities favor restrictions and limiting red tape so it’s going to be a rough season for those of us who are free thinkers. Another aspect lasting a couple of days puts energy into beauty and decoration and facades rather than actual serious foundations. Today is a good day to make changes. Pluto goes direct at 11:14 PM EDT>
Deck: Healing with the Fairies.The Faeries say to explore your inner power. Meditate and ground.
Today’s Cat Comfort card is Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. “Life lkes to test your surefootedness. Be nimble.”
Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBethToday’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for Faeries of the Future. These faeries bade us to consider where we have been and where we are planning to go as they are the harbingers of the future. When they arrive it is time to choose a path as our plans are now coming to pass. They give us a little shove to step off the brink and do something.
Today’s Lo Shu Number is 1 and the element is metal. The snake finds conflict but the Rabbit is having a good day.
Today’s Message from the Universe is: “There is no criticism within me or against me. Negativity vanishes from my life. I attract open, loving and supportive people into my life. Together, we play and create a world of peace, joy and love for ourselves and for all mankind.” & “I let go of my personal worries. My outlook on life expands and I dedicate all my energy to give and to serve. There lies the true source of my happiness.”- Annie Marquier creating a joyous and peaceful world one thought at a time. I pulled two card today stuck together so you get both.

No comments: