Friday, January 29, 2010

Forecast and Faery Finder for 01/30/10


01-30-10
Forecast and Faery Finder
Religion & the New Age: Is everything bad?
By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit


According to Llewellyn’s Magical Almanac, today’s color is indigo and the incense is ivy. Okay, this is going a little into the ridiculous. Has anyone ever seen ivy incense? I have a huge selection of incense at the shop and I have never seen it. What does ivy smell like: green plant? Today is the Three Hierarchs Day in the Eastern Orthodox Religion.

FORECASTS:

Astrologically, the Full Moon is at 1:18 AM EST in Leo.
By the time you get out of bed, you may be saying something like, “That sounds like fun, but…” Social events just seem like too much trouble. Even though elders and authorities are argumentative, some people will actually be getting their just desserts at social events over the next couple of days. By late night you are going to feel emotionally exhausted and annoyed at the world. I know it has been a rough week, but Wednesday and Thursday of next week will be really good and make up the days leading up them.

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is the Five of Cups: dissipation. That woven net of protection, brick wall and hidey hole now protects you less and entraps you more. It is time to have faith in yourself. Have the courage of your conviction. Know you will be controversial and others will disagree, but be true to yourself or spend the rest of your life cowering in fear. As always, the choice is yours.

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say:
Kindness is on the endangered species list today.
.
Today’s Cat Comfort Card is:
Angel Cat: “Know that you are loved and protected.”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for:
The Lady of the Harvest visits today. Although she is most known for regret, loss and grief, she is completion and release. Through her, we finally move on. She is the crone. She accepts things are ending and she knows that the end is always a beginning.

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 8 and the Element is Metal. The Dog finds conflict today. Today is an auspicious day for haircuts but not for signing contracts, gambling, starting construction or births.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: :”I keep my mind focused on abundance, health, beauty, happiness and success. I stay away from negative people. I carefully choose those with who I spend my time, including my leisure time. I give up all useless activities, associations and relationships. I surround myself with people who succeed and contribute, who manifest a positive attitude and who empower me through their own light.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.

COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

There are things that simply do not make sense. Last year I bought day light bulbs for the shop because the fluorescents were bothering me and just plain not bright enough. I am getting old. I had bought the fixtures no more than two years earlier. The bulbs would not work. So, we brought them home and put them in the safe place, the old central air conditioner duct where breakables go to be stored. Yesterday the kitchen fluorescents starting going out. Although I figured the odds were awful that those daylight bulbs would work in a fixture and with a ballast that is over 35 years old, much to our shock, they worked perfectly. Now why won’t they work with a fixture and ballast that is less than three years old? They weren’t even in existence when the 35 year old one was made. I guess that is another mystery of the Universe. Add that one to the fact the Boogaboo and Fiona, the two black cats, got into the duct and had to be lured out with a can of food. Why couldn’t a cat other than black get in there so we could have seen them? Mainly the answer to that is because Napoleon, Flame and Mr. B are in the kitchen torturing Turtle or…..is turtle really torturing them? She is safe in her container…..hum…..between her and the gecko on the window, Napoleon is getting nervous twitches.
In case you are wondering about the title, it is my question of the day. I get a lot of “New Age” type newsletters and I have begun to notice a really disturbing trend; they are becoming religious. Remember the 7 deadly sins? Personally, I cannot imagine chocolate without gluttony. But then again, there are the smaller ones that the “New Age” seems to harp on. Is pride wrong? Shouldn’t you be proud of a job well done? If you have no pride in your work or accomplishments, how long before you start producing substandard work? Are expectations bad? Without expectations you have no standards and nothing to achieve. Is anticipation wrong? That pretty much takes the joy out of watching your ice cream sundae being made. The only time any of these things are “bad” is when they impede or punish us. One of the biggies on MySpace the other few nights is: Obama acts so superior and talks down to us. I am so sorry you feel so inferior. I don’t have that problem. I would have no problem walking up, shaking the man’s hand and starting a conversation with him. If you feel that inferior, maybe you should consider doing something about it like going to school, increasing your vocabulary beyond four letter explicatives; I mean swear words. Oops, I guess I’m talking down to you but then again, how would you understand me if I didn’t? The only person who can make you feel inferior is you.
Are you aware there are leaders of industry and extremely wealthy people who cannot read? They don’t feel inferior. I am severely dyslexic. I cannot spell. I cannot even see my misspellings until at least a week has passed. I love my spell checker. It runs in the background all the time. I absorb little I read unless I read it out loud. I wonder how I graduated with an AA and honors and a double major with honors in Experimental Psychology and Medieval Literature. Yes, I actually fulfilled my requirements and beyond in the English Department. I even was a grad student until I got cancer. I worked full time doing all this and paid for it, too. I also did it in my 40’s. Yet, I saw a professor of mine dissolve into tears upon discovering her son was dyslexic. I sat her down and asked her what she thought of my scholarship achievements and she admitted they were impressive. Then I let her in on the little secret: I am dyslexic. You would be surprised how many writers are and yet, it doesn’t stop us, make us inferior or in any way really impact us. We found a way around it and we just keep on trucking, as they say. I actually wrote saw instead of say and it took a few minutes to see the mistake. That happens all the time when I am writing. It’s not a typo. It’s dyslexia. W and Y look alike.
If people are talking down to you, maybe you should stop and find out why. Have you limited your vocabulary to simple repetitive phrases (Like, No Way, WooHoo, WTF) and swear words? They probably think you are stupid if you have. A really smart man once said the use of profanity indicates a serious deficiency in vocabulary. In other words, if you can’t make someone feel stupid using that sentence, Dickhead will probably be lost on them, too.
Let me give you a little lesson. People are chameleons. They tend to adapt their mannerisms, speech and behavior to the group they are associating with at the time. So you have to ask yourself the question; are they talking down to me because I am already there?
I remember at a zoning meeting a Coconut Creek commissioner made the mistake of addressing me in the following manner: “Little lady, you have nothing to worry about. We will take care of you.” I know a lot of you are thinking of four letter replies to that, however, mine was more to the point. “I am obviously not little and often not a lady. So, since you are obviously incorrect on two points, why should I think you are correct on the third? Since, I’m part Native American and we already trusted the government once, I think I‘ll buy a Lotto ticket instead..” It took him a couple of minutes to figure out he had been insulted, along with his whole city and fellow commissions. By then, I had sat down. Revenge works much better if you are out of the room when they figure it out. It is also way safer that way.
So if our president intimidates you, get your head out of the TV and your mind off Jersey Shores and American Idol. You do realize those shows have no impact at all on your life, don’t you? You do realize every decision the Supreme Court and Congress hands down not impacts your life but your children’s and their children’s?
Start studying. You can get just about every course at every level free somewhere on the internet. Heck, you can even get courses from Harvard for free! Get one of those word a day calendars and work on that word. If you can’t name 3 Supreme Court judges and have no idea what Congress did today; shut up. You can’t make an informed decision without information no matter what Sarah tells you. Being able to see Russia gives you no expertise on the country. Living there for a year and learning to speak the language will.
Watching Oprah is not a solution either. I watched the program on women in other countries and practically choked on Dubai. Foreigners arriving for jobs regularly find their passports taken from them so when they are fired, they can not leave the country or legally work there. Thus, they wind up in a state of legal slavery. They are paid substandard wages and have no protection in the work place or are any safety regulations in place. It might be paradise for a native but the non-natives are doing the dirty work. There are hundreds of ‘nannies’ being held prisoner in the Arab states right now unable to escape. Paradise? Well that is a new definition being applied to that word.
Unfortunately I have to say that I have seen more courage displayed by people who had guns being held to their heads, than I see from the leaders I elected and those people seldom had a 3rd grade education. I am beginning to wonder who and what I elected. No, I do not feel in the slightest bit inferior. I will stand up for my beliefs. That may actually make me superior. At least I have beliefs and standards. Two bank failed today and were seized by the Feds. Do you actually think we are out of the woods?

No comments: