Sunday, February 1, 2009

Forecast and Faery Finder for 02-02-09

02-02-09
Forecast and Faery Finder by Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit
According to Llewellyn’s Spell-a-Day Almanac, today’s color is Gray and the incense is Narcissus.
Happy Imbolc. And yes, it is also groundhog day but before people improved the image with a rodent, the snake was involved. There is really a very scientific reason behind this “superstition“. If the ground was warming enough for the snakes to come out of hibernation, it mean winter was over. If not, six more weeks of winter was on the agenda. However, the poor snake has had a bad rep ever since that Adam and Eve thing so the early Church went to the furry, ill tempered rodent. Now, I am not sure the snake that lives in the hole by the Zombie head at the shop is coming out tomorrow because it is cold, but a few iguanas may fall out of the trees in the early morning. Either way, I will be celebrating Imbolc. There will be pictures…
FORECASTS:
Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.
Today’s Tarot Card is the Ten of Swords: destitution. The Ten of Swords represents divine karma in which people get what they deserve and it is very often: weakness and corruption and the debasement of all moral qualities. Excuses are not tolerated. Take a good look at your principles and start over.

Astrological Source: Llewellyn’s 2007 Daily Planetary Guide.
Astrologically, the Second Quarter Moon begins at 6:13 PM EST. Venus enters Aries at 10:41 PM EST. Venus is not at home in the sign of the war god because she is all about divine love. People become more aggressive, blunter and less appreciative of the finer things when Venus enters Aries. Venus in Aries believes in trapping her lover after she runs him to the ground and if he tries to get away, she smacks him up side the head. Unfortunately for him, she is also easily bored and moves on quickly. All day a single theme will predominate: freedom verses holding on. You may be ready to Feng Shui the house, but can’t seem to throw anything out. You are ready to leave but you don’t want to leave. It is hard to get out of that warm bed…..

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say every time you try to find some quiet time, you hit blocks today. Just join the party. It isn’t going to quiet down.

Today’s Cat Comfort card is Cat call. “Don’t be critical. See the positive in yourself and others.”
Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for Spirit Dancer. This is her first appearance. It is time to bring out and nurture our creative side and let the public see. By seeing others reaction we learn what our inner creativity brings to the world and inspiration is ours. It is time to explore the realm of self expression and expression of the self. You may have to read that a couple of times to see the difference between the two.
Today’s Lo Shu Number is 6 and the element is earth. The Monkey finds conflict today but the Rooster is having a great day!

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “I know I am the sole creator of my reality, and that I have all the power I need within me to generate a totally satisfying life. I stop blaming people or outside events. With God’s loving support I tune into my creative power and I bring joy and light into my life and the life of others.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.
These messages are helping so many people that I am setting each day’s card up in a psionics generator so you can tap into the energy during the day. Just think of a rainbow and the energy will come to you.
COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER
I know George won’t mind me sharing this with you. I had promised the Faeries some honey and rum a couple of days ago. So I prepared it at home and gave it to George to put on the altar outside for them. Well, the next morning our scientific Virgo was astonished. The run and honey was almost completely gone; the dish was barely moved - the raccoons and birds would have knocked it over and off the altar. Honey doesn’t evaporate at all and he was totally puzzled.
So, night 2, he puts the same mixture out and this morning, it is all there, untouched. Thus, he had to ask me why this had happened. Well, I didn’t tell them the honey and rum was there since I didn’t know it was, so they didn’t bother to come by looking for it.
I just discovered we have resurrection ferns growing at the shop. Wow, I had been taking care of them but because I do such a great job of gardening, they were growing so big I didn’t recognize them. I guess I need to stop feeding them.
The Bitwit had three time outs in the bathroom before breakfast. I have to take all the crystals down that are hanging where she can reach them. She most certainly has good taste. We are talking hundred dollar plus crystal sun catchers. I caught her swatting one of the hanging faeries while I was doing a reading yelled at her. Then, she met up with the real faery and he nipped her little arse. She flew off the counter swatting at her tail. She hasn’t gone near the faeries since! The Pixies are not happy with her messing with the crystals and they have been nipping her back. George has made me examine her for fleas so many times she is getting to the point she just lays down and lets me do it. The other cats learned early in their kittenhood not to mess with the Pixie things and guess she has to do that, too.

No comments: