Saturday, February 7, 2009

Forecast and Faery Finder for 02-08-09

02-08-09

Forecast and Faery Finder by Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit

According to Llewellyn’s Spell-a-Day Almanac, today’s color is Orange and the incense is Heliotrope.
Today is Buddhist Needle Memorial Day. Okay, I had to look that one up, too. I swear, this is what is says. All retired (broken) sewing needles are brought to the temple and placed in a slab of tofu resting on the second tier of a three tier altar. The priests sing sutras to comfort the needles and heal their wounded spirits.

This from the official Japanese site:
Harikuyo(Needle memorial services)
In Buddhist memorial services, offerings are made for the spirits of the dead and prayers said for the repose of their souls, but since ancient times there also have been held memorial services for other than human beings. For example, when a beloved animal has died and the things used for a long time has been broken or has become useless, a memorial services for those things is held because of the peculiarly Japanese way of thinking that, filled with feelings of grief and thanks, one should do memorial services.
Nowadays, familiarity with this appears to have faded, but the hari-kuyo carried out on February 8 and December 8 are typical of the practice. To do memorial services for break or bent up needles that have been used for a year, the sewing stops on that day, tofu or a paste made from devil's-tongue are pierced with the bent needles, offered to a Shinto shrine and buried in the earth.


FORECASTS:

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.
Today’s Tarot Card is the Two of Pentacles: affluence. Old patterns of behavior are not conductive to personal growth. They create personal atrophy. Get support from partners and friends for your business or creative projects after you have organized things.


Astrological Source: Llewellyn’s 2007 Daily Planetary Guide.
Astrologically, a restless night puts you in the mood for social activities this morning. However, everyone wants to run things and by noon that may stop all progress in its tracks. For the next week, aggravations occur that you just can’t shake the status quo. Rules, regulations and legal matters with huge amount of red tape have you pulling your hair out. You just can’t break free, so settle down and do the work.


Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say to get out there today and make new friends.


Today’s Cat Comfort card is Democat. “Stand up for what you believe in.”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for Taitin the Sylph. Taitin has one message. Ideas can not be confined. Her faery dust energizes the mind but the kind that also makes you brighter she is very stingy with and thus, you may just wind up starting a million projects and achieving nothing when she dusts you. Don’t take everything that is offered as brilliant when she is about. Some of the ideas are really dumb.

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 3 and the element is Wood. The Tiger finds conflict today but the Rat is having a great day.


Today’s Message from the Universe is: “I wholeheartedly welcome all the current challenges of my life. I free my mind of all blame, complaints, regrets or doubts. I choose to play the game of life without reservation. This way I express the Power, Light and infinite Wisdom of my Soul.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.
These messages are helping so many people that I am setting each day’s card up in a psionics generator so you can tap into the energy during the day. Just think of a rainbow and the energy will come to you.

COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

Every time I try to take a picture of the evil Bitwit, I get the cute Bitwit. Yesterday that would have been hard. Since I moved those expensive crystals out of her reach, she went for the necklaces. I know you have all see the picture of the cat with the yellow feather hanging out of its mouth saying, “What canary?” Well, she had a green string hanging out of her mouth saying, “What necklace?” I picked her up in my mouth and shook her which just made her twice as mean and me twice as furry. Finally, she got a time out in the bathroom and settled down. By then I was ready for dinner and a nap.
I have moved into bronchitis which means a trip to the doctor. A couple of years ago I almost put myself in the hospital by not stopping and taking care of a cough like this. I will not make the same mistake twice as I was in bed for three weeks last time. Not being able to breathe make you very tired. You wake up tired and you go to bed exhausted. That is where I am right now. As soon as I get some antibiotics to fight this, some bronchial dilators to open my lungs and some cough pills, I will back to normal. I really hate to take medicine but I do not see many choices. I tried them the last time and failed.

No comments: