Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Forecast and Faery Finder for 01-29-09

01-29-09
Forecast and Faery Finder by Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit
According to Llewellyn’s Spell-a-Day Almanac, today’s color is Green and the incense is Carnation.
FORECASTS:
Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.
Today’s Tarot Card is the King of Wands: restriction. Visualize your goals and plan your future actions.

Astrological Source: Llewellyn’s 2007 Daily Planetary Guide.
Astrologically, it is good most of the day is without lunar aspects. Get your work done early because the afternoon and evening is no picnic. First off, you will be totally surprised at how you emotional outbursts occur and wondering just what is wrong with you. You weep for no reason and scream for even less. Then frustration kicks in because you are strangling on red tape, rules and regulations and there seems to be no way out. Finally, come evening, you get some good news and may just discover all your problems were really a system error and had nothing to do with you.

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say: body movement. Get the Chi moving. Skip, dance or just sway but do not stay inactive today. You need to bleed off the excess energy.

Today’s Cat Comfort card is Cata-holic. “Curb your excesses. Everything in moderation.”
Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for Unity. Unity teaches us we are all one, all connected and all one with the god energy source of the universe. Touch the source but also keep in mind there is a shadow side to unity. You can pick up from the people around you and if they are negative or overly emotional, you can feel yourself going that way. Learn to connect and filter.
Today’s Lo Shu Number is 2 and the element is wood. The Dragon finds conflict today but the Sheep and Monkey are having a great day.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “In order to create abundance and to fulfill my Soul’s deepest desires, I now let go of any hostility, criticism, resentment or irritation toward myself and toward others. I choose to fill every moment of my life with joy, detachment, humour and love. I celebrate my life.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.
These messages are helping so many people that I am setting each day’s card up in a psionics generator so you can tap into the energy during the day. Just think of a rainbow and the energy will come to you.
COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER
What is the purpose of ritual? It makes you comfortable. It allows you to skip steps because your mind already leaps into the right mode. My little ritual is a bowl of soup before I do the forecast. I like a hot as in peppers soup. It started out as a way to break up the constant concrete in my sinus and then became a diet aid. Even a really light soup lets me arrive home with feeling like jumping the refrigerator and eating everything in site or worse, finding the sweets. Now, it also serves to get me in the right mood to start writing.
Start your own little ritual but never let them get too fixed. I knew a gal who had a really fixed ritual of getting up and brushing her teeth. One weekend at a conference, she realized there was no toothbrush. She was a total mess. Her whole day went off kilter because her teeth kept reminding her she hadn’t started the day yet. Finally after having enough of a laugh I told her the hotel keeps toothbrushes at the desk. Yes, some days I am little evil but I wanted to prove just how set in her ways she had become. I don’t need the soup to write but it gives me time to get my thoughts together and slow down. Then again, I can just meditate or pet the cat. Always give yourself an alternative.
Ritual in Magick causes your mind to make the leap to the place where all things are possible and your thoughts, brain rhythms, slow down. Ritual are usually something out of the ordinary so you don’t slip in a good theta state on the expressway some afternoon and splatter yourself like a bug on a windshield. They have to be able to create a new pathway in the brain. In Kim Harrison’s books the main character, a witch, must learn each spell and ritual so that starting the spell triggers the whole involved process without actually doing the whole process. That helps when a demon is breathing down your neck and you don’t have time to cast a proper circle. How do you achieve proficiency? The same way you get to Carnegie Hall: practice, practice, PRACTICE!
Even those of us who already got there have to go back and do the whole thing is we haven’t worked a particular spell in a long time. That is something the less well trained of us simply forget and then wonder why their work no has effect. You can get out of practice in absolutely everything. Yes, it is like riding a bike but if I got on bike now, I would have a few blocks of weaving and stumbling before I got the rhythm back. It is the same with anything. Nothing really comes easily. And so I end this with a note. If a practitioner seems to negative workings really easily and really fast, be afraid, be very afraid. They must do a lot of them.
Even the Bitwit has a ritual. Her day in the shop doesn’t really start until she gets her hello kiss from me in the afternoon. She mopes around the register until I lean back, pucker up and let her kiss me.

No comments: