Monday, July 27, 2009

Forecast and Faery Finder for 07-28-09

07-28-09
Forecast and Faery Finder
By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit

Due to Cancer surgery on my forehead, I will off indefinitely until I can heal completely, have at least one more operation to remove more cancer, heal…move to Hawaii and say the H with it!
For a moment there, you weren’t getting a forecast. Napoleon was playing ping pong ball and my glasses disappeared. Luckily I found the spare pair. Unfortunately Napoleon is more the size of a bowling ball now. My glasses are probably in another state by now.



According to Llewellyn’s Spell-a-Day Almanac, today’s color is Black and the incense is Ginger.

FORECASTS:

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is the Five of Swords: destruction. You have made one too many promises you didn’t keep and people now distrust you. You just took on more than you could do an disappointed everyone. Worry more about learning to budget your time and how to say no. Trust will return when you earn it and it won’t be easy.

Astrological Source: Llewellyn’s 2007 Daily Planetary Guide.
Astrologically, the Moon enters Scorpio at 6:56 AM EDT and the Second Quarter Moon begins at 6:00 PM EDT. Romance is in the air this week. This is a morning for change though much of it may be behind the scenes. Surprise allies are found. By evening you will be saying, “why didn’t I see it coming.” So, be nice or you may have egg on your face. This is a week of foot in mouth disease, so think before you speak.

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say finances finally begin to flow.

Today’s Cat Comfort Card is Catamaran. “Stay balanced. Ride out the storm.”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for Epona’s Wild Daughter, Dorcha. She come in the dead of night wearing her crown of faery stars, riding into our minds as a nightmare on her owl. She is the wolf at the door, your inner shadow self. She brings depression and even madness before she releases us to continue growing and vowing we will never do that again.

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 8 and the Element is Wood. The Dragon finds conflict today. Today is an auspicious day for hair cuts but NOT for writing, gambling or births.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “I acknowledge the wonderful qualities I have within me. I open up to the beauty and creativity of my Soul and I accomplish great things easily and successfully.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.


COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

It must be hard be little reincarnated kitty. Every once in a while Bluemantoo tries to do something that he could do as an adult and misses by a foot. He doesn’t want to play. He wants to eat, sleep 20 hours and eat some more. When the other Microwits push him too far, he uses his previous knowledge to fight them off.
Today is my doctor’s appointment to see if the stitches can come out. I seriously doubt if all of them will be come out.

There are times when I ask the question: How stupid are they? -and am afraid someone will answer: the question is “how stupid do they think you are?” Yesterday’s attack on the new health care bill stated that if everyone has insurance there won’t be enough doctors and the currently insured will not get medical care. Someone throw these people a life preserver. They are drowning in stupidity.
First off, all of Europe has universal healthcare and insurance and they are not broke. They actually enjoy a better standard of living than we do and definitely better health. Just get sick like some of us are and see which you want, your health or a hundred dollar bill. I would sell my soul to be able to walk around the block but no one is buying.
Second, the government isn’t going to choose your doctor for you, your insurance company already does that. You can go to their approved doctors or they don’t pay. It’s simple. Now, if you are in an HMO, you don’t even get an approved list for the most part. You get whoever was stupid enough to go to work for them for peanuts or just dropped into the USA and was tutored enough to pass the licensing exam.
Third, the government will determine what kind of health care you get. No, the insurance companies already do that. The reason I am sitting here with a ¼ of my forehead missing is because my previous, really good insurance plan had preferred providers. Doctors are horrible at business and easy to sell anything any thing. I used to be in medical sales, so trust me on that. The insurance company pitches how many new patients they will get, guaranteed payment and pie in the sky and they sign on the dotted line. Six months later, they are going broke and hire an accountant to find out where their money is going. I’ve also had that job. That’s when they find out the major procedures are so under paid by the insurance companies that they aren’t worth doing. So, they start looking for the profitable ones which turn out to be office visits with minor surgical procedures. So they whittle away at your cancer rather than curing it until you die. Do you still think you get good care with a great insurance policy? I figured out last year when I saw the staff in a doctor’s office wince when I named my insurance company I was in trouble. You can bet I not only got substandard care but they would continue to renew my prescription for a life threatening condition for over one year without ever seeing me once to see if the medication was working.
So fourth, don’t buy the screams from the insurance lobby and their puppets in Congress. They are making a fortune off your life, or rather death, right now and just plain don’t want any competition. As for me, I had to have emergency surgery because my head was cut open and I have no idea yet whether the surgeon and anestheologist were in plan so I may wind up taking out a loan to pay for this. We pay for our share close to 300.00 every two weeks for insurance. George’s employer pays more to match it. For years, we never had claims until we got older. Now we will pay for it.

No comments: