Monday, October 12, 2009

Forecast and Faery Finder for 10/13/09

10-13-09
Forecast and Faery Finder
By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit

Still hot. Still a banging, half working ac unit. Sleep is not easy. Only Napoleon will stay with me.

Message from the Microwits: We had a fool proof plan to invade the bedroom. Why are we in the living room?

Message from the Mamma: For a while there, as fast as I would get one Microwit out the door another one would come in running. Finally I managed to pitch the outgoing kit into the incoming kit and shut the door. It wouldn’t be so bad, but I found Fiona sleeping on my keyboard. I didn’t think I’d ever get the screen back to normal AND she managed to access my bank page! I will be checking my balance….


According to Llewellyn’s Spell-a-Day Almanac, today’s color is grey and the incense is geranium.



FORECASTS:

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is the Ace of Cups: immersion. Once you understand your personal needs, you are ready to accept the guidance of your intuition and instincts. You begin to trust them. But first, examine your past for triggers that may prevent your growth in the future.

Astrological Source: Llewellyn’s 2007 Daily Planetary Guide.
Astrologically:
Jupiter goes direct at 12:34 AM EDT. Money begins to flow. Expansion is possible.
For the nest few days, it is a very social time but proper conventions must be observed. There is a big push to redecorate at home with green things and energy saving appliances.
This is not the morning to push yourself on people or spend a lot of money. Wait for the stars to settle down. Getting close to lunch, you can start promoting yourself, but make certain you are ready or you will make the same mistakes again. This evening people are just too emotional to get work done and the universe seems to be fuzzy. Nothing is really clear.

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say:
Achieving peace of mind is not possible today. Go with the flow.
.

Today’s Cat Comfort Card is :
Up on the Cat Walk. “You’re the center of attention. Strut your stuff.”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for:
The Maiden is about and with her comes a return to innocence. People can’t help but be more open to new things when she is around. Her curiosity brings auspicious beginnings and joy. Growth begins and hope is in your heart.


Today’s Lo Shu Number is 3 and the Element is Metal. The Rooster finds conflict today but the Rat has ease. Today is not an auspicious day for haircuts, medical procedures, writing, gambling, construction or births.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “I was born to contribute and make a difference. All of my doubts an fears vanish. Each day I express my highest qualities in every aspect of my life. I now choose to serve with selflessness, simplicity and joy.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.

COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER
I am sore in places I had forgotten I had. I did way too much moving of books this weekend. I think I am going to have to have a fiction fire sale.
Have you ever found a perfectly gorgeous purse you had put away and couldn’t figure out why? Well, I did. It was bronze to match this season’s colors. It looked brand new. Somewhere on the second wearing I discovered why I put it away. The shoulder strap will not stay on your shoulder no matter what you do! So, I had to change purses though I resisted for two weeks. Today it got to me and I am back in my little travel bag with a place for everything and it is even machine washable. What’s not to love?
When George was banging on the ac trying to unstop the drain hole, Napoleon was over there like a flash. He thought he was about to capture the world’s biggest lizard. I am going to have to show him one of the yard iguanas some day. There is nothing like a 6 foot lizard to convince a cat that chasing lizards is a really bad idea.
Once I had a Manx who was always almost knocking the windows out trying to get to the birds. One day she saw the perfect bird, one of our cow egrets. So, I let her out on the porch knowing the screen would protect the cat. No, I don’t have that backwards. She stalked halfway across the porch before the bird saw her, raised up to its full height, opened its huge wings and fluffed its feathers out. That cat screamed and ran all the way into the bedroom and hid under the bed. That was the last bird she ever went after.
A word or two on the Sweat Lodge accident: I am totally surprised it hasn’t happened sooner. Like rebirthing, it was an accident looking for a place to happen. My hypnosis teacher would have us engage in some potentially dangerous activities after a weekend seminar like fire walking, breaking boards with our hands or walking on broken glass. However, he had a very strong policy about the size of the group. If the group was too big, either the activity was abandoned or students arriving for a refresher course would oversee the newbies but one was ever engaged in any of these activities without a spotter who knew what they were doing. One man cannot oversee 65 people in a potentially dangerous activity. It just isn’t possible. People have totally underestimated the danger in a sweat lodge because I have gotten the dressing down from people organizing them. I have even been called a few uncomplimentary names for refusing to take part. I have rosecea. My dermatologist doesn’t allow me to wash my face in warm or hot water and all showers must be lukewarm followed by a cool down. Heat is my enemy. After a 36 hour fast, your electrolites are going to be unbalanced if you haven’t taken enough fluid in and then you broil yourself and you are asking for exactly what happened. I am hearing kidney failure and respiratory arrest on the news. Neither surprises me in addition to plain old heat stroke. Heck, I came over to the shop and the air was off this summer. I turned it on and started moving things around. Next thing I knew I was wandering aimlessly with heat stroke and the deceptive thing is: you don’t feel hot. I had stopped sweating. Fortunately, having lived in the tropics and the desert, I knew exactly what was wrong and had enough wits to cool myself down and drink a couple of bottles of water. But I was sick for two days…
.

No comments: