Thursday, November 12, 2009

Forecast and Faery Finder for 11/13/09

11-13-09
Forecast and Faery Finder
By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit

It’s Friday the 13th she cackles…….

According to Llewellyn’s Spell-a-Day Almanac, today’s color is Rose and the incense is Alder.



FORECASTS:

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is the Queen of Swords: subversion. Keep in mind when this card represents a woman, that she will appear beautiful, perceptive, and diplomatic. However, the moment things do not go her way, watch out. She is treacherous and vindictive. When this card appears in an action position, it is time to become very rational about what is happening around you.

Astrological Source: Llewellyn’s 2009 Daily Planetary Guide.
Astrologically:
Be wary for a week. Chiron in Aquarius is squaring the Sun in Scorpio. Underhanded activity is afoot and people intend to expose your weaknesses and private tragedies. If you are hiding a health condition, hide it well!!! Your personal information could be electronically available in a millisecond. I really should read these things a week ahead. You’ll find out why in the commentary.
The morning starts with high energy and the urge to get a make over or beautify things. By evening good financial news arrives and the mood is lifted.



Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say:
Self reliance is difficult today but make certain the person you place your trust in have your best interests at heart. It may be much better to muddle your way through than give up your power.

Today’s Cat Comfort Card is:
Catnip: “You could do with a pick me up. Try something you really like today.”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for:
He of the Fiery Sword joins us today. Yes, he is also a singer. There are some who say he also goes by St. Michael and since most occultists agree that Arch Angels are not and never were human, they might be right. A lot of people think it is a fun thing to summon him when things get a little out of whack. I am warning you to think five times. Yes, he is a protector but he is also the sword of justice and may decide you are the problem. He is the active principle that with the passive/receptive principle, She of the Cruach, completes the act of creation. He is Spiritual Will personified. He will solve the problem, but more than likely not in the way you want as his way will always be the most expedient.

Today’s Lo Shu Number is Two and the Element is Water. The Dragon finds conflict but the Sheep and Monkey have ease. This is a good day for writing but NOT for construction.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “I let go of all my preconceived ideas. I look at life and people around me in a new, open and accepting way. I am being divinely guided in a spirit of harmony and good judgment.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.

COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

I really want to thank all my Face Book buddies, even if we just play games together, for all the well wishes yesterday. It made my day after a really bad happening. In the past years I have been betrayed by all but four close friends (two local and two not) and you have no idea how much I value your budding friendships with me and well wishes. But I can’t help but wonder what makes people such duplicitous, vicious, individuals that actually enter into relationships with sole goal of malice and destruction. Is it that they are so miserable they can’t stand to see anyone else happy or doing well? What do you think? Or were they just born *itches and *astards to make the rest of us miserable, even perfect strangers, in any way they possibly can. Do they have a to do list that starts with “Whose day can I ruin?” Do they have a list of nasty things they must accomplish by noon? Do they really enjoy everyone hating them and all the chaos and destruction they cause? I really want to know because this makes no sense what so ever to my mind or soul.
Incidentally, if anyone gets caught in a scam like I am going to detail below and suffers emotional, financial or legal damage because of it, you can sue the group owner and Yahoo for breach of contract and/or promise and you can win.
Many of you are in Yahoo Groups. I, myself, manage and own several. Because of that I know the Yahoo Group rules and the mechanics of operating a group.
A couple of years ago I was in several groups. We were all ‘friends’, worked healings together and a few abundance spells. Everyone was ‘gaining’ from the groups. Then one day a two page tirade in which one of the owners suggested a member go ‘kill herself’ arrived in my mailbox. That’s when you go: What the Hay??? I got out instantly without a single word. I, one by one, got out of every group I belonged to except one within a day.
Today, a private group I belonged to for almost two years, the owner made it public and then notified everyone. No one really knows when she did it but it is irrelevant. In a private group on Yahoo, all the posts and information about the members is unavailable to the outside world. In a public group, it is just that. The information contained in posts, information threads, address books, and your email is accessed by every search engine on the web. The moment she made it public, one millisecond later every piece of information was already on the net. Let me explain this. Lets say you are in a support group that is private, you are not out of the closet on this topic, and you mention someone, a company or another group by name. Then one morning the owner decides to make the group public. All that information is now available to the entire world within milliseconds. There are bots (Programs) traveling the web scooping that information up as it hits the web, entering into data bases and web pages instantly. Even if the entire group were deleted twenty minutes or seconds later, if someone searched the right word or name, the sentence that word or name was used in will come up in the search engine forever. The link will just be disabled.
So folks, no matter how well you think you know someone, never use your real name on Yahoo and really, don’t use any one else’s! After yesterday a lot of people are going to be very hurt, their personal names and address and phone numbers have already been scooped up by the search services so they no longer have an unlisted phone number or address. They are now publicly associated with a group of ‘pagans’. Those online detective services have all sorts of lovely information about people. Lawsuits and divorces are a distinct possibility and I can only wonder if that was the real purpose from the beginning. No matter what, someone’s life is going to be ruined because of this and there is no way to stop it. It has already happened in one millisecond or less. Heck, hackers now have enough information about some people to open credit cards and bank accounts with just a little more digging.
I take my group manager/owner responsibilities very seriously. I have queried people who asked to join whether they were absolutely certain they didn’t want to get another email and use an alias before I confirmed them. I have been known to delete posts that contained names and send a little warning that this would be public information and they would be liable. For the most part, everyone in my groups is very careful because they know they have no idea who anyone else is in the group and who they really are.
So let me offer a few rules that I should have paid more attention to and then I would have realized something was really off. Anytime a group demands you sign your emails with your real name, it is a trap and crap. The group owner knows who you are, there is no reason anyone else needs to. I don’t care what the song and dance is. You can be deleted by the owner with one click. Why do they need your real name on the posts? There is no legitimate reason. You and your posts can be deleted at any moment. Any time a group starts asking for the names of your friends and family, even if it is for “healing”, don’t fall for it. What if your insurance company is trolling the internet for that name? Do not fill out cute little questionnaires. That information can be used against you. Any time the group is paranoid about information from within the group being made public or shared, be assured, at some point it will be. Assume every group is public and never write anything that can be used against you, particularly legally. Any time you receive an invitation and a friend’s name is used, contact the friend and make certain they sent out the invitation and that they actually, really do know the person who is claiming to be their close personal friend. You may be shocked to discover they don’t know this person any better than you do. And lastly, never ever enter your real name, address and phone number into any directory for your really ‘close friends’ on the internet unless you want that information to be public information.
Now, if you want to join Spellingbeers or Openrootworking, keep in mind, all my groups are public. I will protect your identity and information as best I can but I am not as fast as a computer so you have to do some of that work yourself. Get yourself an online persona with an email that is hard to trace back to you and keep your picture to yourself unless, like me, you are a totally public person. Then you have nothing to worry about. I want you to find me. I need the business…did I mention I, Druidlady, do readings via Keen on the net? I’m also known as Tarotlady on FB. I’d like to assure you that if I start wigging out, I have enough training to know it and will be consulting my colleagues for nice little pills and excusing myself from any groups I own. I won’t take it out on poor, trusting innocent people. If I’m going to take it out on people, I have a list of the guilty.
Now, you know why I like cats better than people. If a cat is out to get you, they just attack with claws and teeth, usually screaming. They don’t spend years plotting on how best to destroy people. They do it openly, like Napoleon and Josephina just did my fan.
Last night was weird in catville. It happens about every couple of months. The cats bring out things you never knew they had but you knew were missing and you were certain would never have interested a cat. Napoleon presented me with one of my glass bowls. I have no idea when he got it, where he was keeping it or why he would take it in the first place. It was clean so food was not the motivation. Another cat brought us the stopper from one of the sinks we didn’t even know was missing. I think we bought a replacement years ago…
The towel wars with Purrbie continue…and Purrbie is winning….signed, the Cat’s Slave.

2 comments:

aswesow said...

I try as a rule not to post anything that I wouldn't want my wife, kids, family,boss to see. I actually try even in private conversation to do the same. It's all out there ready to bite you in the butt. It's a terrible thing when someone violates a confidence.
It is easier to love a cat, but its more important to like people...well at least from my perspective, but it's a struggle. If you know anyone well enough, long enough they will disappoint you sooner or later

Janice Scott-Reeder King said...

Yes, but there is a big difference between disappoint and betray.