Friday, November 20, 2009

Forecast and Faery Finder for 11/twenty one/09

11-21-09
Forecast and Faery Finder
By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit


According to Llewellyn’s Spell-a-Day Almanac, today’s color is blue and the incense is sage.



FORECASTS:

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is the Queen of Cups: fascination. Turn your attention to positive things rather than obsessions.

Astrological Source: Llewellyn’s 2009 Daily Planetary Guide.
Astrologically:
The Moon enters Aquarius at 10:11 PM EST.
The Sun enters Sagittarius at 11:twenty three PM EST.
A surprise announcement from a loved one has you in a good mood this morning. The night ends with an opportunity to promote yourself.

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say:
Enjoy music today but try to avoid humming or people may think you aren’t quite right.

Today’s Cat Comfort Card is :
Bureaucat: “Get that paperwork done. You’ll feel much better.”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for:
The Rarr us about today. The Rarr is unrestrained energy. He will add gasoline to the fire. He will give you energy and wear you out. So be careful with him.

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 9 and the Element is Metal. The Rat finds conflict today but the Dragon and Snake have ease. Today is an auspicious day for haircuts, medical procedures, writing and births.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “Everything that does not contribute to my highest good now vanishes from my life. I let it go. The will of Go expresses itself clearly and strongly through the qualities He gave me.
The path of my life is radiant and free.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.

COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

I saw a commercial last night that said if you unplugged your appliances after you use them, you could save up to 10% on your electric bill. Twenty bucks a month was really attractive so I decided to give it a whirl. I started in the bathroom with the electric toothbrush only to discover, it was not giving up the wall outlet easily. In fact, it is still plugged in. It wasn’t the only appliance with a death grip on its outlet. So I wondered, what the F? Then I remembered, as an ex-OSHA safety inspector, that a lot of fires are caused by appliances working their plugs partially out of outlets and then sparking. So, manufacturers have made plugs grip the outlets tighter. The obvious solution is to put everything on a power strip so you can just turn the power strip off. Of course, that will require a lot of planning so you don’t turn off appliances you plan on using, like the coffee pot. Then again, all those lovely little digital clocks will be blinking and a couple of appliances don’t want to work if their clocks aren’t set to something. Now for the world of short sighted planning; the power strips do not grip the wall outlets and can fall out easily. I have learned that the hard way with my ac. I thought I was having power failures only to discover the cats had partially dislodged the plug from the wall outlet.
I do put things on power strips by the way. It gets harder and harder for me to bend over and the outlet is always behind furniture. This leads me to a simple question. Why on earth do builders put outlets next to the baseboards? Just from a safety point of view, a foot or two or three up the wall and they would be less vulnerable in flooding or just plain washing the floor. Lamps and whatnot would require shorter cords which they already have. It would save on wiring because your wiring always comes in from roof level. So why are they in the most inaccessible location? I remember in my uncle’s house he built the outlets were in the ceiling. Yup, because the area was prone to flash floods and he wasn’t going to replace the wiring in the house every year, he just put in outlets that dangled from the ceiling. In fact, when they first came out with hanging ceiling lamps, they had outlets in the ceiling to plug them into rather than hard wiring them into the electrical system. Goddess, I AM old.
I am trying to figure out what has disturbed the natural order of the cats this time. Normally I have a pretty good idea what each cat is going to do, but Napoleon has deserted me two nights in a row, Boogaboo is trying to be a lap cat and Flame has lost her shyness. Meanwhile, Purdy von Sweets has turned into a terror. In her case, it may be withdrawal from caffeine. I haven’t been giving her the prerequisite coffee ground prior to making a pot.
Now for my amusement, let’s talk about texting. According to my spell checker, it isn’t even a word. Text is a noun, not a verb. I can understand it when you don’t want the people around you to know what you are saying, but when you are alone or driving it makes no sense. First off, I need glasses to see the keys and they are way too small for my fingers. Some phones don’t even have full keyboards! The phone companies charge by the message! You get unlimited talk time on most plans way cheaper than text. Why on earth don’t you just talk to the person? One thing I can predict, if this generation manages to text and drive and make it to adulthood, they will neither be able to type or spell. They will, however, be really good at hitting the keyboard with a straw in their mouth for when they wind up paraplegics from automobile accidents. It is also possible they will not be able to speak any language. I remember years ago, a science fiction series of books, yes…..those written things on paper all bound up in neat little packages you used to buy in book stores…..where several authors would write books in series, each one starting the next book where one left off. They were set in the future where everything was computerized and the characters spoke in computer terms. I gave up after the first half of the first book, not because it wasn’t a good book, but because I couldn’t understand anything. And with that I will speak in my native language to all of you who are laughing and see if you know what I am saying: “Meooorph!” That means scratch my chin, by the way.
There is an email going around that looks like it comes from Wayne Dyer. It doesn’t. It says something about belly fat. It not only contains a virus and a Trojan but if you click on the site, you have just opened a phlishing site will download malware and another Trojan into your computer. My security software went ballistic when it hit it and almost deleted the address line so I couldn’t see what it was. Don’t open it. Delete it!

No comments: