Sunday, November 15, 2009

Forecast and Faery Finder for 11/16/09

11-16-09
Forecast and Faery Finder
By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit


According to Llewellyn’s Spell-a-Day Almanac, today’s color is silver and the incense is lily.



FORECASTS:

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is the King of Wands: restriction. This card brings someone into your life that is willing to defend you, so don’t abuse this.

Astrological Source: Llewellyn’s 2009 Daily Planetary Guide.
Astrologically:
The New Moon is at Two:14 PM EST at TwentyFour degrees Scorpio and 34 minutes. This is a new moon to ruthlessly cut old ties that are not helping you any more. Work on research projects. Redo your wardrobe and get a new hairstyle. It is time to evaluate, assess and start again if you have to.
Old pains and hurts surface this morning but if you consult the oracles or psychics, you have a good chance of finding out what the real lesson is and fixing it. There are a few blow ups as people do not understand what you saying. Stay calm and repeat yourself.
For a couple of days there is good news about some decorating, beautifying or artistic projects you have not been able to get the go ahead for. Legal matters are resolved fairly.

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say:
This is ay to practice kindness.

Today’s Cat Comfort Card is :
Cat Call: “Don’t be so critical. See the positive in yourself and others.”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for:
Myk the Myomancer is out looking for field to make his monthly predictions. Pay attention to the small things. They mark trends better than the obvious.

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 5 and the Element is Wood. The Sheep finds conflict today but the Ox and Tiger have ease. Today is an auspicious day for writing, gambling and births.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “I let go of all criticism. I open my heart to tolerance, sympathy, patience, humility and tenderness.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.

COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

Today we move into a nice new, New Moon. This is a time of beginnings. Am I the only one who has noticed how really, really dark it is outside? This New Moon is really going to be NEW! Plan on starting something tomorrow in whatever area you feel your life need a pick me up. Do something for your business or work. Clean house. Cook a healthy meal. Give the universe a starting point to bring you new things this month.
And with that, we move into the holiday season. A lot of people go through depression during the holidays. This mainly occurs because all we see are happy people on TV, families getting together and big dinners. Instead of looking at the make believe world of TV, look around. Thanksgiving Dinner, done right takes almost twelve hours. Who has that kind of time? If I don’t order from Boston Market, I buy microwaveable stuff at BJ’s and Costco. No way am I cooking a turkey. I mean first I would have to clean out the pots and pans storage area; I mean oven. As to stuffing, I have no idea how mother succeeded in NOT poisoning us. Stove top works great. Yams? I hate the things. If I am feeling froggy I might makes some honeyed carrots but don’t anyone get their hopes up. That can of cranberry sauce convinced me years ago I had no need to commune with the real, fresh thing. George and my families are all dead. Friends have their own thing, which mostly involves a restaurant…I may join them. That way I don’t even have any clean up. So what part of that TV fantasy has any reality? It never had any reality so stop watching, plan something you like to do and get out of the dumps. One artificial day is not worth two months of agonizing. Trust me. I’ve been doing readings for 38 years professionally. There are very few people who actually like their families and want to spend a day with them. Most everyone sees it as a jail sentence with really nasty people as company and bad food. I guess the old adage: “Familiarity breeds contempt” is right. You know those people too well. Go have a good time with strangers. As to that next holiday, however you may celebrate it, don’t buy into that fantasy. Tell me honestly, how many holiday gifts have you ever gotten that were actually anything you wanted or could use, unless of course, I was doing the buying and I AM PSYCHIC!? So why are you breaking your neck and bank account having a nervous breakdown in lines that are miles long, circling parking lots forever, only to have your wallet lifted in the mall? Everyone knows I don’t get near malls in the off season. Too many people create too much psychic energy and information resulting in fried neural endings if you are psychic. Psychics do not like large crowds. Normally I vow to not step into a large department store after the day before Thanksgiving until the 5th of January and I do a pretty darned good job of it. George knows, I start yelling “empty the van, I am not coming back to Costco for weeks! Get everything we need.” Geez, why do you think my one extravagant purchase many years ago was an upright freezer? So, why are you putting yourself through it? Take the holidays off. Order on line. Heck, I even gave up on gift wrapping when I had someone to give gifts to. That bag from Target works for me. They are all going to holiday bags. Why not use them? No, I didn’t say, “Bah, humbug.” I said: Get Real! This is not worth your sanity. You have better things to do. If you really need people around, volunteer at a homeless shelter or soup kitchen. Those people really will be glad to see. Go to the animal shelter and volunteer. There is nothing like a bunch of wagging tails and purrs to lift the corners of your mouth. Now, someone please tell Napoleon I am not cooking a turkey, there will be no huge bones, back, wings and tail, because I don’t have the guts.
What am I doing for the New Moon? Well, George found some finely milled French soaps I was saving for a special occasion. One thing the past four months have taught me is; there may not be another special occasion for you. So, I even put one out at the kitchen sink. I have the nicest smelling hands in town. I went to the shop to pack an order for tomorrow’s mail drop and treated myself to a new Tarot deck since I can’t find my old one in a bright, neon pink messenger bag. NAPOLEON! I treated myself to two! I shall be readying them for duty tomorrow. I am looking forward to having my outside altar up and running even if my circle of thirteen are wearing little masks and demanding offerings. I bet they would love crescent cakes but they aren’t getting any. Well, maybe the really old one will talk me out of something. When they get that old, they don’t compete that well for food. I have one event set up to work and maybe I will chance a second one. As soon as the decks are ready, I shall be back on Keen doing readings and will get the email readings up there, too. I have a busy week planned for myself, all under the influence of the New Moon.
Thought for the day: An old friend who has been in metaphysics longer than some of you have been alive once told someone: “I always try to see the positive in relationship.” The rat got a big smile on her face until she heard the other half of the sentence. “And I am positive I want nothing to do with you.”

2 comments:

aswesow said...

I agree with your thoughts on the holidays 100%.
I'm gonna try to remember that thought for the day.
Didn't notice the moon, but now that you mention it, it is kinda dark out. I like the idea of new beginnings

Janice Scott-Reeder King said...

As Wayne Dyer says, friends are what god gives us to apologize for family.