Saturday, August 2, 2008

Forecast and Faery Finde for 08-03-08


08-03-08
I am dyslexic and have been since I was six years old. I juxtaposition letters in words. I can easily read things that are not there because my mind will make things up and finish the words for me. I learned at an early age while learning other languages, I had to slow down and read what was on the page. I have learned it so well, it is now habit. You know that email they send out with parts of words and phonetic spelling and then tell you everyone can read this mess. Well, I can’t because I have trained myself not to do that. However, I often marvel at how I can be driving down the street and not even notice the difference between signs in English and Spanish. However, if someone says something to me, I will answer in the last language I read and it is sometimes very hard to manage to switch back without a lot of stuttering and stammering.
Why am I telling you all this? Well, I want you to start reading what is on the page. I told you yesterday I have just gotten to the point I no long suffer ignorance well or for very long. I know you’ve had this happen. You write something and someone totally over reacts and you start wondering where on earth they got those ideas. I had someone totally bent out of shape about something they thought I wrote. Now when I say thought, I mean they read what I wrote and the rant I got in reply didn’t even resemble an answer to what I wrote and I circular filed it. How many times has that happened to you? Ever wonder why? Then today a friend showed me an article which starts off like what I wrote but in no way resembles it from that point on and I knew what the rant was about. The individual never really read what I was saying, they just read what they thought I was saying based on the previous article they had read, and reacted based of its inflammatory nature, and that, my friends, is going prove to be very dangerous in the future.
There are people out there counting on that reaction, counting on you not reading what they are writing closely and jumping to conclusions about other people and organizations. You get these emails all the time. Some famous person has given this speech (they sure don’t want you searching the net for the writing) and it exalts God and America and puts down one group or the other, often so subtly you never even catch the knife in the back. Of course, the whole thing is a fake and the person never said any such thing. You however see an authority figure, beloved icon, miss the undercurrent in the message and whole thing slips into your subconscious only to fester and taint your whole thought processes. Somewhere a few years down the line someone looks at you and asks when you became a bigot and your eyes open wide and you say - Who Me???? Then you wonder where you got those ideas.
Stop and read what is on the page. Stop and ask what the purpose of this article is. Do you feel like something is happening here you can’t put your finger on? Well, you’d better stop and nail it fast before it grows. Keep in mind that friends and family know what you are saying because they know you and you develop a kind of short hand with them but every one else in the Universe is not using that shorthand. Is that what the person is really saying or is that the implication and definition you are giving it? In other words: think.


I have developed a contingency of adult cats hiding in the bathroom from the Kitwits. Poor Bat the Cat thought the Kitwits were so much fun to play with until they wore him out. Now he is in hiding. Probe is running through the house denying she is their mother - she isn’t but she looks like her to Napoleon, so he thinks she is. Their mother own was also black and white. I may not be much better. I’m hiding at the shop.
Today’s Message from the Universe is: “I am now ready to take all the risks necessary to completely express my Soul’s qualities. I dare now.” Annie Marquier
Astrologically, you’ve heard of a self eating watermelon. This is a day when you can become the self limiting watermelon. With the Moon conjuncting Saturn in Virgo, you get lost in the trees and don’t even notice the forest. Let me rephrase that. You get lost in the moss on the bark of the tree and don’t even notice the forest. The next aspect is to Jupiter and though it can be an excellent day to clean out, organize and work on becoming successful it can also be a day you fall into obsessive behavior. The stars impel they do not compel. The choice is yours.
Today’s Lo Shu Number is 7 and the element is wood. Snakes find conflict today but the Dog and Boar are having an easy day.
Be on the lookout for Lys of the Shadows. Lys is the patron faery of those in the helping professions, social workers in particular. Her specialty is helping the hopeless. She will always help someone if you ask her. She just wants everyone to recognize their intrinsic value as a human being and stop hurting themselves.
Today’s Cat Comfort Card is: The Cat’s Pajamas. “You’re the bee’s knees today. Enjoy.”
The Faeries say there are blocks to kicking up your heels today. Well, duh..every aspect is in Virgo or Capricorn.
Today’s Tarot Card is: the Queen of Pentacles: persuasion. This card suggests gentle persuasion is the way to go, bit only if you exemplify the path you are touting.



No comments: