Friday, August 1, 2008

Forecast and Faery Finder for 08-02-08


08-02-08
It is impossible to resist a little Kitwit (kitten witch) face looking up at you. Napoleon was trying to get the chicken I just bought at BJ's open. Thank the Goddess for those impossible to open plastic containers or he would be one very happy Kitwit. So I put it on the counter and started opening it up to get him some chicken. I got a piece out and was looking all over for him when I felt something tap me on the shoulder. He was on the counter beside me and so cute I just couldn't punish him. Oh Goddess, I have spoiled them. I’m going to have hang those little cardboard car air fresheners around their necks along with their pentacles.


Poor Isis, one of our shop cats, got the scare of her life yesterday. I had placed my purse/wallet on the rug next to me and she had laid down and was napping. I didn’t realize the cell phone was still in the purse pocket next to the floor. I think she thought the rug had started ringing.


The Shop has a cat rhythm all its own. When George leaves in the morning, Isis gets on the computer and sleeps until I arrive. Then she and Ra take over shop area. As soon as I leave, she returns to the computer, Ra goes into hiding and the black boys; Loki and Solstice, come downstairs and take over. When George returns, all bets are off and he often winds up being in the middle of a cat fight over territory.


You must understand, when Solstice was a little thing, Ra the Sun Goddess used to beat him up and I kept telling her that one day he would grow up. Well, right now he could be mistaken for a small panther and he has dedicated his life to making hers miserable in return. He is the largest cat in shop, even exceeding longhaired Loki. Ra is no light weight. I can’t even pick her up she is so heavy. Eventually it will even out. Ever read something and ask the question: what is wrong with this picture? Well, I got a little ditty in today describing an ancient


Celtic Lughnassad ritual involving a corn meal circle. So I sat there for a while and the question bubbled to the surface: didn’t corn originate in the new world? Corn starch is a primary component in Hoodoo powders. Throw several traditions together and stir well……Ah well, if my Greenman caftan ever dries from the drenching I got coming in today, I shall have my own ritual and dedicate my new Deviant Moon Tarot deck. Does this feel more like New Year’s than mid-year to the rest of you, too?


I am pushing 60 and I have a friend who has already jumped that broom and is wiser for it, so I asked her if I was just getting crotchety and turning into the old people I used to hate because I am just willing to put up with less and less from people before I show them the door and suggest they not come back. She said something really interesting. She said I had just reached the point where I know who and what I am and what I want in life, so I am willing to put up with less people trying to detour me. I have nothing to prove. I am me! Live with it!

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “I let go of my past and the past of others.

I forgive totally and unconditionally.

I stop all dramas now and fill my life with playfulness, humor and joy, whatever the circumstance.

I celebrate life.” - Annie Marquier


Astrologically, get ready for a couple of days of really, really wanting to gag people because they won’t shut up while you are trying to work. I found some lovely purple duct tape at the craft store. It is social morning and if you can be patient, you will find out more than anyone intends you to know. Make changes in the afternoon but do so fairly to everyone involved, not just for yourself. The Moon enters Virgo at 4:59 PM EDT.

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 8 and the element is wood. Dragons find conflict today.
Be on the lookout for Sairie, the Fairy Godmother. Yes, you really do have one. She brings us gifts, talents, grace and helpful lessons when she decides to grace our lives with her presence for a few minutes and today is your day!

The Faeries say there are blocks to peace of mind. I heard them ask how many people start the day with a “to-do list”? Does finishing it really bring you peace of mind or exhaustion? Think about it. Even we humans need play time.

Today’s Cat Comfort Card is: Mooncat. “Enjoy the ebb and flow of your emotions. It’s who you are.”

Today’s Tarot Card is Art: verification. It’s time to take a look at the choices you have made and decide if they are honest and wise. Stop and consider what you are really aiming for and whether these choices are going to help you get there. Work on temperance and moderation so you can achieve the inner balance you need for success. Take out and dust off your will power because the temptation to stray from your goal is large and very persistent.
Well, folks the answer to my problems with my detractor is to move to a professional blog site and I can even add picture into the blog there! So I am happy.

No comments: