Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Forecast and Faery Finder for 08-14-08: Hungry Ghosts


That is actually an iguana on the roof looking down. Just imagine how big that thing is! It spent two weeks scaring the daylights out of customers trying to get into the shop! Do not ask how it got there? I saw it go right up the side of the building.
08-14-08
I looked down last night and saw Mr. Bo Bo sleeping on a nice satin cover. Then I thought: I don’t have any satin cat beds. By the end of the night, the Kitwits had gotten all my nightgowns down and made one heck of a nice bed out of them. Well, I guess if Mommy sleeps on a satin sheets, they should, too. Spoiled? Nah!
I had quite a day yesterday. I can’t help but wonder why they don’t fill the Florida Water bottles completely. Every time I go to ship them, I have to give them to the PO personally and explain they slosh. Florida Water is, for those who do not know, one of the oldest colognes. It is citrusey and is used to protect, dispel negativity and acts sort of like acid on spirits. It has been known to close a portal if you manage to throw it in directly in the center of the portal. Of course, the stuff has also been known to short out everything in the room so you might want to be careful doing that and get everything unplugged first and the fuses pulled or the circuit breakers flipped.
It has so far stopped raining so we may be able to dry out for a moment. I have to get my Lady Jane amaryllis bulb in the house to dry. I have never had one go completely dormant down here so I am hoping she is alright. I have discovered that iguanas will not eat sweet potato vines and amaryllis. That is about the only thing they won’t eat down here!

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.
Today’s Tarot Card is Suspension: inversion. In the more traditional Tarot Deck this is the Hanged Man. In this deck it is the process of turning inward to begin to understand the inner workings for your own mind. By doing this you learn what motivates you. In my case: dark chocolate. This curiosity will bring you to the pearl of wisdom you seek or, once again in my case, the Godiva store. It is not yet time to touch the pearl or make it yours and thus comes my old problem: Champagne tastes on a beer budget.

Astrological Source: Llewellyn’s 2007 Daily Planetary Guide.
Astrologically, try to avoid surprising anyone with an emotional declaration. You will either be taken advantage of or slapped down. It just aggravates people and makes them feel obligated. The Moon enters Aquarius at 6:56 PM EDT and we can stop being so uptight about things. Energy is very high in the afternoon with no place to go so channel it into organization, cleaning and working up your resume.

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say there are blocks to vacations today. I think those blocks are called WORK! At least that is what keeps hitting me.

Today’s Cat Comfort card is Cat Call. “Don’t be so critical. See the positive in yourself and others.”
Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for the Master Maker. He is the faery that oversees all craftsmanship. If you wish his help, projects must be well planned, organized and executed. Then he will place his stamp of approval on them and you will really have something nice. Remember his motto is: Measure twice. Cut Once.
Today’s Lo Shu Number is 5 and the element is Fire. Dragons find conflict today. The Ox and Tiger have an easy day. I have “Hungry Ghost” marked on my Feng Shui calendar. It is a festival like Halloween and the Day of Dead that is celebrated in China. It falls on the 7th month of the lunar calendar which is August. The gates of Hell are opened by hungry ghosts seeking food or revenge. Thus offerings of food are made on this day to ward off bad luck. The belief is also that relatives return during this time to visit with the living and thus they prepare sumptuous meals for them, with prayers and burning joss sticks. “Wayand” shows and concerts are preformed outdoors at night to delight and entertain the dead. The Chinese also believe it is bad to go swimming during the month of June as a hungry ghost may drown you. Maybe the Olympics was such a hot idea after all. Children must return home early or risk possession by one of these ghosts. Offerings are also made by burning fake money notes called “Hell Money” and paper TV and radio sets, houses and cars so their relatives can live comfortably. Your local scrap booking store is an excellent source of such things. In fifteen days, the ghosts will return to where ever they have come from, hopefully.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “I now choose to communicate freely and openly everything that needs to be said. I free my mind from all limiting thoughts and I am now free at peace with myself and with others. I no longer worry about what other people think. I know that I am loved and totally supported by the Universe.” - Annie Marquier

No comments: