Monday, February 1, 2010

Forecast and Faery Finder for 02/02/10


02-02-10
Forecast and Faery Finder
and
The Sacred Cow Barbecue
By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit


According to Llewellyn’s Magical Almanac, today’s color is black and the incense is Bayberry. Today is Ground Hog Day, Imbolc and Election Day.

FORECASTS:

Astrologically the Moon enters Libra at 8:42 AM EST. The afternoon doesn’t make finances seems any better and it is pretty much getting on your last nerve. Be patient, a kind word gets you farther than you think it will. Although change is not on the agenda, energy finally increases and you see a light at the end of tunnel that isn’t another train.

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is the King of Pentacles: motivation. It is a day for practicality. Find your motivation and follow through.

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say:
Kick your heels up a little. We’ve had enough depression for one year.
.
Today’s Cat Comfort Card is:
Big Cat: “You’re full of awesome power. Anything is possible.”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for:
The Rarr is about and that is when things heat up. He is a lot like the Toyota recall. His accelerator pedal is stuck and his brakes don’t work. So you can use his energy but do so carefully or you will be exhausted.

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 2 and the Element is water. Today the Ox finds conflict but the Sheep and Monkey have ease. Today is not an auspicious day for haircuts, medical procedures, signing contracts, gambling, starting construction or births.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “I will not remain in this state. The healing forces of the Universe are now at work for my highest good. I open my heart to Divine Love, I follow my intuition and great successes now occur in my life naturally and easily.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.

COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

I thought I was buying a laptop table with a built in side mouse pad. That’s what the box said. Little did I know it was really a laptop table with a cat sidecar. I took a picture of Napoleon in the side car.
I bought three gorgeous leeks but all the recipes involved cutting, peeling and boiling a pound of potatoes. That would leave me with 4 pounds of potatoes and anyway, it’s not how I wanted to spend an afternoon. So….I figured, why not use canned potato soup. So I dropped over to BJ’s and all soup comes in a split box, two kinds. So there was a box of half clam chowder and on the other split in another color it said creamy potato soup. So today I cut the leeks up, boiled them in about a cup and a half of water and went to get my potato soup. It turned out to be an entire box of clam and potato soup. It’s raining, I am not running to the store so I decided to use the clam soup. It was Sooooooo Goooooood! I will never be able to eat plain clam chowder again.
I love it when someone tells me to think out of the box. BOX, what BOX???? I’ve never been in the box. Take my kitchen, for example, please! Old joke….sorry. I couldn’t find anything to hold all my cooking spoons and various things so they happily reside in the crystal ice bucket which is the perfect size to accommodate their oversized handles. George wondered what on earth I was buying this stainless steel file rack at Costco for. I have no file folders. Well, I have one of those lid racks that lays flat, takes up a lot of room and the lids never fit in right. The upright file rack now holds all my pots and pans’ lids in far less space and they are easy to get to. I am not in the box. If you want to see out of the box, wander around my Yoville and Farmville universes…I am Tarotlady. I’m not sure where the box is.
This is why I wonder if the “new thought” metaphysical people have realized they are in the same old box they are trying to escape. What is the difference between the blame the victim (I.e. you attracted this to yourself) and original sin (your original evilness brings all these bad things into your life - you are getting what you deserve for being born.)? You work on that one while I get a cup of coffee.
I picked up a new thought, aliens are at the base of our earth problems book and every page contained a biblical reference to justify the premise. So as my brain reset I had to wonder…one book is trying to prove itself valid by quoting references out of another book that is probably 75% fiction and 90% contradictory. Am I the only one who sees the folly in this? Have you ever picked up a Wiccan book only to find biblical references? We are the older religion. Why are we referencing a newer religion for validity? You would not have seen this 30 years ago. Do you see biblical references in Taoist or Buddhist texts? Heck no! They are older. The bible didn’t exist when they were written. It doesn’t exist in their frame work of knowledge or thinking.
So, let me circle to the point. If your purpose is to be part of a new movement with fresh new insights, don’t recycle the old ones. Just about everything I am reading in the ‘New Age’ is still in the Christian box begging for recognition from the Christians. Why not just call it “New Christian” and stop deluding yourself? You can’t recycle a religion and call it a philosophy. It is still a religion, a dogma. The very things, blame, original sin, and a vengeful ‘god’ you hated and tried to escape has been given a new name and carried on a huge float with firecrackers going off overhead into the “new age”. All you did was replace the words god and Jesus with Universe. Then you tried to mix in those elements of Buddhism, Taoism and Hinduism that matched the Christian dogma and slapped a new name on it. The funny thing is that it is the Muslim religion is actually based on Christianity which is based on Judaism. The Muslims felt the Christians were too lax and brought back most of the old Judaic taboos and then reinforced them in concrete. If you are suddenly wondering why all three can’t get along I guess there really is no honor among thieves. Could it be that if any of their followers put down the guns and looked closely they might start wondering who the enemy really is? How much do you need in common with the enemy before you are him?
I really am a Druid. I was not raised a Christian. I never escaped any church. My father tried to have me baptized for economic reasons. Membership in the “church” meant contracts and money. I screamed so loud I was the first baby thrown out of church before she was 3 months old. A Methodist minister couldn’t even sprinkle me I was ducking and wriggling so fast. They then hired a babysitter for the political Sundays. My only knowledge of the bible comes from a literature course when I had to read the darned thing. As a piece of literature, it sucks like a Hoover. Then again, since I HAD to read it and was tested on each chapter, I have a better working knowledge of it than most Christians who hear a few sentences taken out of context on Sunday. Since the religious dogma meant nothing to me, I had nothing invested in it, I could read it as a piece of literature and apply logic. I really hope half of it is missing because it is totally contradictory. The transitions are non-existent and I couldn’t find a plot. Yup, I’ll reread War and Peace first, which if I remember correctly I reviewed as too many pages of teenaged angst with a brick around its neck teetering on diving board over an empty concrete pool. That’s two weeks of my life I won’t get back. However I must say it answered two questions for me. I now completely understand how the Russians stole the American design for helicopter, improved it and then found it was too heavy to get off the ground and why they cannot make a reliable flush toilet. The Cold War lost all its intimidation after that. In the end, both countries sank themselves, it just took us a little longer. Then again, our helicopter flew.
So, why don’t a lot of you face up to the simple fact you ran away from the Christian church so you could spend the monthly tithe on neat looking work out gear, only have to learn a one syllable chant instead of a bunch of hymns and spend your worship time sitting quietly and not listening to someone tell you what a greedy, mean person you were once a week. Then you could pick and choose what dogma fit what you wanted to do that day and declare yourselves liberated and spiritually superior to anyone who wasn’t as successful, healthy, lucky or wealthy as you. Yes, the new yardstick for spirituality in the “New Age” seems to be health, wealth and luck. Now, that really is a first in the world of metaphysics….Ooops, I’m sorry, the Satanists got there first. That’s their doctrine, except they are not afraid of the word: magic. Have I whacked enough Sacred Cows to get you thinking, because I am planning a really big barbecue?

No comments: