Sunday, February 28, 2010

Forecast for 03/01/10


03-01-10
Forecast and Faery Finder
By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit


According to Llewellyn’s Magical Almanac, today’s color is silver and the incense is Narcissus. Today is the Roman Matronalia.

FORECASTS:

Astrologically, Mercury enters Pisces at 8:28 AM EST. The Moon enters Libra at 7:31 PM EST. Don’t put too many I’s in your sentences or someone’s feeling will get hurt this week.
The morning may start with a cancelled social engagement which will upset you more than usual. It’s not the cancellation but what it does to the rest of your schedule that upsets you. By lunch there are harsh words and people who have been pushing other around get it back in spades. Afternoon finds everything fuzzy and there is no clarity on anything and for no reason whatsoever old pains come back for a visit. By evening your energy is high again and you just so happy to feel good again, you are not watching what you say and whap, someone has a temper tantrum.

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is the Knight of Cups: conviction. Don’t judge hastily as everyone sees the world differently and yes, some people are living in a fantasy. Just consider them entertaining and move on.

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say:
Your inner power feels blocked today. Don’t push as you don’t want to explode. Rest and recuperate.
.
Today’s Cat Comfort Card is:
When the Cat’s Away: “Enjoy your freedom.”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for:
Iris of the Rainbows is here today to remind that there really is silver lining in every cloud. Okay, it may be a bit tarnished, but it is there. Leave her some purple flowers to thank her for appearing today.

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 1 and the Element is Water. The Rooster finds conflict today but the Rabbit has ease. Today is an auspicious day for haircuts and births and but not for starting construction.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “This is a period of divine accomplishment for me. Closed doors are now opening before me. Everything I undertake leads to success in accordance with the highest of possibilities of my destiny.
I celebrate the abundance and the kindness of the Universe.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.

COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

I have never in the 51 years I have lived in Florida seen it this consistently cold and this cold into the first week in March. The first two weeks of March are usually our best weather and they are going to be cold next week and warm the next and the weatherman is not guaranteeing the third week. Summer is going to be horrible when the global warming causes us to swing the other way.
At least it is not an earthquake. I decided I can handle hurricanes and 150 MPH wind much better than they earth moving under my feet. In a hurricane you can always lay flat on the ground and eventually it will stop. You probably can’t levitate for an earthquake.
I am trying to convince Purdy von Sweets she is a ticked tabby not a ticked off Tabby. She begs to differ and gave me the tail twitch on the way out the door. That is the equivalent of the cat finger.
Another of those weeks is on the agenda. George has his doctor’s appointment on Monday and it is nothing you guys like to have done. I felt legs crossing. I must be psychic. My birthday is Wednesday. Friday I have extensive dental surgery. In the meantime I intend to squeeze in some gardening.
Today I managed, with George’s help, to get one of the Topsy Turvy strawberry planters up. I had six little strawberry plants which I thought was enough and discovered it holds 15. So in went a couple of peppers, a petunia, some dills and a lettuce. It going to be an interesting garden. I managed to transplant the little fig tree I bought into the pot that will be its home fore several years. They do not grow fast. I am lucky to have the wasp that pollinates them in the area. Then a tomato and pepper found a new home. I haven’t started tucking the beans in yet but they will come. I have found that Parkseed carries a French grow tube that is 1/3 the price of the Topsies and is supposed to last 3 years at least. I am going to try a bunch of them With the raccoons, getting the plants out of their reach is putting them out of temptation because I am certain they have been getting my little tomatoes. They will eat them green! Thus, please don’t call the DEA, part of my gardening with be almost hydroponic. One thing I will tell you is George didn’t believe how much these things weigh totally loaded. He learned I was right today. 30 pounds would be a guess on the light side.
I am in my battle with GERD or acid reflux disease. As the medications are not going to work on me, I need an alternative and found some good literature. What I have discovered is that how you eat your food is more important than what you eat. If you take small bites, chew thoroughly and drink lots of water (16 ounces) at a meal, you will not have the pain and feeling that everything is stuck in your esophagus. It really works. On the downside, by the time you get to the end of your meal, everything is stone cold and an hour has passed. To eliminate the gas I have been taking a Beano before meals and it is working. I have found that some vinegar (I use apple cider) in water helps with the acid. I know, and so did the recommending party, that vinegar is an acid, but it works. Fight acid with acid.
Tonight’s dinner was a lettuce and tomato salad with balsamic vinegar dressing, turkey patty with carmelized onions, a little zucchini and a lot of Chinese Okra (young luffa sponges). Yes, you can eat them when young. They taste like a nutty and slightly bitter zucchini and I am certain I got my week’s worth of fiber…maybe next week’s, too. The only thing you really have left after cooking them is the seeds and the rind.
The father of the Microwits has found his way to my house from the shop. I used to chase him off the shop grounds when old Blue was still alive. Blue was on his last legs and not up to fighting off young stud cats. Well, the neutering people have nailed he who we now call Bootsy and I find him peering in the living room window and howling at my bedroom window. I leave a little dry food out for him as he is still really wild. He is calming down and I fear for the worst which is defined as he dashes in the front door when I am not looking and never leaves again. Even Napoleon’s mother has found the house and is peering in the living room window. Who says they don’t know their family. She recognizes her grown kittens and they know her. The neutering people got her, too. I am really grateful to them as the population of cats in the neighborhood has finally leveled off and not a moment too soon for my dwindling bank account. I still have two spays to pay for.
You know you are old and in trouble when the high point of your weekend is finding a coupon in the paper for a 10.00 gift card at Target with a new prescription you put on auto refill and you know you will have one by the end of the week. I think I have one in my purse. It’s equally bad when Target is cheaper than the mail order pharmacy your insurance company insists you use with your insurance payment. Health care reform, who needs it?

No comments: