Monday, February 15, 2010

Forecast and Faery Finder for Feb. 16, '10


02-16-10
Forecast and Faery Finder
By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit
Happy Fat Tuesday and Mardi Gras

According to Llewellyn’s Magical Almanac, today’s color is scarlet and the incense is cedar.

FORECASTS:

Astrologically, the Moon enters Aries at 7:30 PM EST.
We will start the morning feeling nostalgic, a little weepy and generally prone to getting our feelings hurt easily. And so ends the aspect for the entire day as the Aries Moon burns away the Pisces fog of illusion and has us rushing head first into things without thinking them through.
For the rest of the week, social events can be used for networking and to make money.

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is the Hermit: exaltation. Trouble have surrounded you but you are learning to isolate yourself from them, quiet your mind and tune into the cosmic opera. It may require a bit of frugality, but you can attain your chosen destiny.

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say:
Creative expression is stifled today.
.
Today’s Cat Comfort Card is:
The Cat with Nine Lives: “Fortune is on your side. Take some chances.”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for:
Iris of the Rainbows brings us hope, a promise of a better future and of course, rainbows. Thank her for the improvement in mood with some irises.

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 7 and the Element is Fire. The Rabbit finds conflict today but the Dog and Boar have ease. Today is not an auspicious day for haircuts but it is for medical procedures, signing contracts and births.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “I let go. I free myself from any attachment, illusion and restlessness of everyday life. I look at people and things through my Soul’s eyes in a calm, detached and loving way. A new and powerful energy emerges within me. I am intuitively guided toward the appropriate action and I easily succeed in everything I do.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.

COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

Another cold week in good old SoFl, coupled with an allergy forecast that this 9.9 out of 10 today makes for one miserable Druid. Curse this Celtic nose structure. I have to carry tissues everywhere I go and even with a constantly leaking nose, it still feels like I have concrete in my sinuses. In addition to that fun, the cold aggravates my asthma and I am good for one really short block before I have to stop and breathe.
We started the day off at the doctor’s office and this time it wasn’t me. YES! Sorry George. I learned one thing today. If you go to the doctor’s office’s on the south side of Holy Cross, they give you free valet parking. I wish I had known that before I had to exit Holy Cross’s parking lot onto Federal and circle back around the block. Anyway, the poor attendant had just wrested a mid sized SUV into their micro parking spots when he looked up and saw Vanwitch. You could see exactly what he was thinking. NOOOOOOOOooooooo! I got out and handed him the keys and didn’t look back. I felt I would let him suffer in private. He got her backed into 1.5 spaces. My treat for driving George there when I am usually sleeping was a trip into the thrift store. Turns out Monday’s is half off day. I got a floppy hat, brand new, for 50 cents and a stuffed toy wood chuck. Yes, you read that right. He now adorns the dashboard of the Vanwitch with all the other really strange stuffed animals I have collected. However, my real score was a Royal Doulton plate with a wizard and a dragon on it! That bankrupted me.
Then we had breakfast at the IHOP and I took ¾ of mine home. I can’t wait to see that doctor next week and find out what is wrong with me. Then it was a quick trip into Costco to score George his elixir: Pepsi. I managed some sublingual vitamin B twelve. I hope it sits better on my stomach than the other kind does. Then we went to Target to get the prescription. George gets to play with a week of Cipro. I warned him about feeling like Superman on the second day. No one knows why it happens but it seems to happen to everyone. Then you go downhill again. I got my face cream the doctor ordered although they told us they didn’t have it. When we went to pay, both tubes were in the bag. Go figure. My face immediately felt much better. I took a nap, which is unheard of for me, slept a couple of hours and awoke refreshed. It is amazing what a bunch of minor irritations can do to the quality of your sleep. I have been mildly miserable for three weeks and now it is gone!
Just that amount of travel totally wiped me out so I am headed for an early night.
However, Purrbie has been feeling a little left out in photo department. He is not what you would call a cute cat. He’s a big old tabby. He climbed up on the top of the French Doors in hallway and posed. So today you get to see his picture. He’s a handsome fellow.
My other score of the day came from Target. I have a round folding table, but it is open weave metal and requires I carry a wooden table top, table cloths and a skirt for it to every event where I am reading. Today I found the exact same table with a solid metal top in RED. I am a happy Tarot Reader! Oh, and it was on sale.

No comments: