Thursday, December 9, 2010

Dryadds

Dryads are tree spirits, spirits of the trees or spirits living in trees. Not every tree has a Dryad and some trees have more than one Dryad. I was very surprised to see a number of Dryads in a Dracena that is trying to grow into tree form. When it has a foot in diameter base, I think it has tree status. Anyway, every night the Dryads would appear to me, often more than one and always male. The later part made me a little curious and then.....This photo is doctored in no way at all!
The other day I decided to fill the bird feeder on the other side of the Dracena as the cold weather had knocked down the weeds nicely. I was minding my own business and I saw this. I will leave it up to you to draw your own conclusion but George was practically rolling on the ground laughing....

No comments: