Monday, February 14, 2011

Forecast for Tuesday, 02/15/11

There is one thing about Valentine's Day. You see more men in stores with the deer caught in headlight look than any other time of the year. Tonight I helped one poor guy not buy wilted roses. As for me, George was kind of limited as I discovered I really am allergic to chocolate. I want to howl at the Moon. First a Druid that is allergic to Oak pollen and now a woman allergic to chocolate. The Universe really hates me!


Allergy or not, I had a dark chocolate Reese's Peanut butter cup. I will pay later but it will be my last chocolate. Instead George got me a rubber stamp. I am a stamper. There, I admitted it!



Today's Tarot Card is the Fool. It is a day of new beginnings that start with a leap of faith.



Another astrologically annoying day is in the works. We start with a square as once again we are reminded by family members we are not getting the beautiful object of our desire. Then we move on to an entire day of inconjuncts which just make you edgy. Early morning communications are really pulling at your last nerve. By evening you are ready to climb the walls and by late night it really is you that is the problem. Cancer and Libra really have it worse that the rest but expect Gemini, Aquarius, Scorpio and Pisces to be feeling these influences pretty strongly, too. This might be the night to chill out with the bottle of wine. Shoot, I bought the new chocolate wine.....



I am finding it fascinating that the news media and the pundits are scratching their head trying to make some sense of the new Florida budget. Give up guys. This thing was put together by special interests in back rooms using "sound" corporate logic and you are never going to figure it out until you follow the trail of who is going to benefit. Well, one thing is for sure, our department of urban planning designed to keep the developers in line is now dead in the water and the water shall be dead soon enough if we have any left after the over development that always follows.



Our drug data base to stop the 7 deaths a day from prescription drug overdose in Florida (no one counts the other states we supply) is also dead. The only question is why and the Goobenor's office has been silent except for a muttering about privacy issues. If I remember correctly, 44 states already have this data base in place. So I asked myself, why? And it's funny how the answers just come to me...it's not the data base or privacy issues, it's whose names will appear on them for law enforcement to see. Seems around here, the GOP, radical conservatives and Tea Parties hold the record on perscription drug abuse and this data base would put them in the spotlight. Well, that's the only reason I can come up with. How about you?



There is one thing we know for sure, this outsider is planning on passing laws and budgets and slashing departments without an explanation to anyone, so you can just forget your protests. He listens to no one except perhaps the voices whispering in his ear and he explains nothing, answers no questions and generally will be unaccessible unless you have Tea Party credentials and brain damage. Welcome to the new Tea Party/GOP definition of Democracy. It goes with their new constitution.

No comments: