Saturday, August 1, 2009

Forecast and Faery Finder for 08-02-09

08-02-09
Forecast and Faery Finder
By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit

Due to Cancer surgery on my forehead, I will off indefinitely until I can heal completely, have at least one more operation to remove more cancer, heal…move to Hawaii and say the H with it!
A Message from Poley: I’ve been in the rain stall several times today because I saw my sister laid out enjoying Skin Mommy’s chair. It won’t rain. No matter how hard I concentrated on the thing: no water. It only happens when Skin Mommy is in there and only when she is in the box thing. It must be magic. Her tongue is still hung up there.
A Message from Trojan Cat: Ignore my sister. She isn’t very smart. If it weren’t for me she would have never found this place of bountiful food and safety. She isn’t very civilized and I am a good mother no matter what she says. Skin Mommy takes really good care of me and my kittens. That idiot girl has been staring at the ceiling in the rain stall all day waiting for it to rain. Every cat knows only the humans can make it rain and that is NOT her tongue. She let us sleep on it once. Honestly, I am ashamed to say we are related. Anyway, I’m prettier.
A Message from the Microwits: Our mommy and aunt are just too old and getting senile. We all know Skin Mommy turns the knob and the water comes out, just like in the sink. Wow, we hope we don’t get old. We are cutest.

According to Llewellyn’s Spell-a-Day Almanac, today’s color is Orange and the incense is Almond.

FORECASTS:

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is the Suspension: inversion. It is time to turn within and discover how your own mind works. Only then will you totally understand what motivates you. Once you have that gem of knowledge, you can achieve anything. It’s all in having the right carrot.

Astrological Source: Llewellyn’s 2007 Daily Planetary Guide.
Astrologically, the Moon enters Capricorn at 4:08 AM EDT. Things get really serious now. Mercury enters Virgo and the written and spoken word are now paramount. The morning is a force for change within the bounds of what authorities and elders want. Unfortunately you soon find that is at odds with home and family and social life.

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say beauty is not an issue. How well it serves the purpose wins the contest.

Today’s Cat Comfort Card is Cat’s Cradle. “Time to untangle the knots. Don’t put it off any longer.”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for Oh NO! Yes, G. Hobjab is back today, magnifying our fears and worries. Everyone look at everything really logically or next week you will really have egg on your face and feel super silly.

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 3 and the Element is Earth. The Rooster find conflict today but the Rat has ease. It is an auspicious day for haircuts, medical procedures, writing and births but NOT for construction.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “The long I have to wait to obtain the results I want, the more magnificent these results will be. I remain peaceful, detached and confident in God’s intelligent and kind action.” Annie Marquier creating a world o peace one thought at a time.


COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

In the continuing quest for healthy food and a little fat in my diet (I hate fat), I made a salmon salad. Now the cats went nuts over the salmon juice. I couldn’t finish the salad so I gave it to Napoleon. Blasphemy, I put mayo and herbs in it. He tried to cover it up. How dare I ruin good salmon. The rest of the cats had no problem with it. They are true heathens.
As a note for the cheap ones among us, and I rank right up at the top, I get my meds through insurance. It is cheaper for me to get the generics at Target than to pay the co-payment through my insurance carrier’s mail order pharmacy. The only time I make out with the insurance co-pay is when it is a name brand drug. Today I got a 90 day supply of my generic thyroid hormone for 10.00 and it would cost me 30.00 through the insurance company. So, check out Target and Publix. I got my antibiotics free at Publix though George went to three of them before he found one that had the drug…Cipro. People say Walmart is as good but I don’t patronize them for political reasons and I used to work there.
Does anyone know any vitamins or supplements that promote deep tissue and skin growth? All I could find on the web was vitamin B. I am taking MSM for collagen production and D for cancer prevention. I’m doing my biofeedback and my visualizations but there must be something more.
At 3 AM I realized I had forgotten to feed Turtle. I rushed in and turned the light on only to discover that she actually can get up on her perch I had created for her even though she has claimed it is too high. She was totally retracted into her shell. She started blinking and pulled further into the shell. I didn’t know a turtle could actually frown. I tossed some pellets in and turned the light off before she decided to change species and become a snapping turtle. Boy, was she angry. Note to self: let sleeping turtle lie or lay or both.
Well, when I went to unbandage the wound it was apparent I was going to have to wash my hair and it. The Doctor had cleaned the wound out. Either he is super gentle or I was really grooving on the pain meds he had me take before I came in. Let me put it this way; the sight would have grossed out a six year old boy. I went for my gentlest shampoo, the Neutragena and survived with a minor amount of screaming. You can guess how I was dreading the conditioner. I had gone to BJ’s and they had a new shampoo and conditioner that is supposed to be organic with coconut milk, whipped egg whites and coconut oil for the conditioner. I didn’t know whether to put it on my hair or eat it. I got the conditioner because it was a little pricey at 8.99 less the 2.00 coupon. I also only had one coupon. Yes, chickens consider me one of their peeps: cheap, cheap, cheap. It didn’t hurt at all. Tomorrow I get another coupon and get the shampoo which I hope will be as gentle. How does it do on your hair? I don’t have that much hair so ask someone with actual hair. The odd thing is since the operation, my hair is curling. I guess triple antibiotic cream has some untold attributes….
I started a new book last night. It is an ARC so you won’t see it on the shelves until October, The Brutal Telling by Louise Penny, a Chief Inspector Gamache Novel. I was hooked by chapter three, though it is hard to keep track of the characters for me because of the names…French. The setting is rural Canada and it is a murder story. However, you can pick up the previous novels in the series: A Rule Against Murder, The Cruelest Month, A Fatal Grace and Still Life. It might help if you read them fast in preparation for the October debut of this novel. I immediately found a quote in the novel that absolutely had me laughing so hard I almost pulled my wound apart: “In Beauvoir’s experience Darwin was way wrong. The fittest didn’t survive. They were killed by the idiocy of their neighbors, who continued to bumble along oblivious.” Oh Goddess, truer words have seldom been written.

No comments: