Saturday, August 15, 2009

Forecast and Faery Finder for 08/16/09

08-16-09
Forecast and Faery Finder
By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit

Due to Cancer surgery on my forehead, I will off indefinitely until I can heal completely, have at least one more operation to remove more cancer, heal….




According to Llewellyn’s Spell-a-Day Almanac, today’s color is Gold and the incense is Marigold. Today there is a temperance charm in the book and I wonder if we can modify it to help calm down this irrational hysteria over the health care plan? Any suggestions?

FORECASTS:

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is the Ace of Cups: immersion. Understand your past experiences that act as triggers for the future. Only then can you change your future.

Astrological Source: Llewellyn’s 2007 Daily Planetary Guide.
Astrologically, the Moon enters Cancer at 9:13 AM EDT. For the next week, knee jerk reactions rooted in the past will hurt your chances of advancement. Think outside the box of your experience. Change is not a good word today so just go with the flow.

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say use today to break the chains that anchor you to the past.

Today’s Cat Comfort Card is Kitten. “Find the joy in simple things. Concentrate on having fun.”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for Gloominous Doom. Never a sadder Faery was there. He wrote the book on worst case scenarios. He is Murphy’s brother and believes everything he ever uttered. He wants to throw you a pity party today but remember, self-pity is the first banana peel on the slippery slope of self-destruction. So which is it going to be: wallowing in the mire of self-loathing and defeat or taking responsibility and moving on?

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 7 and the Element is Water. The Boar finds conflict today but the Dog has ease. Today is not an auspicious day for haircuts, medical procedures, writing, gambling, construction or births.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “Every time a door closes, another one opens up toward wider and more beautiful horizons. The space naturally created in my life now brings me even greater possibilities for growth. I welcome any change in my life with confidence and joy.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.


COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

I started the morning early with Napoleon giving me the get up and let me out kitty biscuit routine. He was very successful as I was up by 8:30 and he had his snack. Purdy von Sweets had her coffee. I had mine and made all sorts of plans. Then the rain hit. Well, I stopped to find out what was happening. Since the TV died I am totally out of the loop news wise, and discover a potential hurricane is headed right at me in five days….oooops…maybe I need to get a TV. That sure ruined my day and here it is, almost 11, and all I’ve gotten done is snacking on the egg salad from yesterday. That’s how you shoot a morning.
Fiona has enjoyed sleeping on my satin (faux) nightgown all night and with the rain, it probably isn’t going in the washing machine any time soon. Napoleon is beside me and all cats have returned to their 18 hour nap. If I had any brains, I would probably follow them but I’ve already proven I have no brains.
All the pain and suffering of yesterday became crystal clear when I went to change the dressing on the wound last night. That little sneak of a surgeon had been probing all around the wound yesterday and he has such a light touch I didn’t feel a thing until he hit the lower edge. He was even cleaning the inside out. He must have been hiding the tweezers in his pocket! No wonder he wrote me a script so fast. He knew what he had done! I am working through the pain today as I am determined I will only use pills to get me through cleaning and repacking the wound at night. I really needed them last night and once more let me say, All hail the mighty shower chair for it is worshipped in my world! It is also worshipped in the cat world. Purrbie and XP are napping on it right now having unseated Conner. It’s a good thing it is indestructible and has a 300 pound rating. With Conner it needs that.
BJ’s came out with the perfect vitamin supplement: 1500 mg Glucosamine, 1000 mg MSM and 1000 I.U. Vitamin D in one pill. YES…just what I needed. I paid 9.99 for a jar of 180...that 90 days worth. Meanwhile I am taking my B complex.

No comments: