Monday, August 17, 2009

Forecast and Faery Finder for 08/18/09

08-18-09
Forecast and Faery Finder
By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit


Message from the Kitwits: I am Boogaboo. Fear me! Yesterday we tried to have breakfast with Mommy in the kitchen. Who knew she was that fast and that good at swatting cats? We even multiplexed ourselves and all we got was her sneaking around all day counting us. I, Boogoboo, do not give up. Today I would have Mommy food for breakfast, so I hid in the bedroom where she now retreats to eat. As soon as she put her plate down, I came out. I tried several swooping attacks but she moved the plate. Then I heard the most wonderful, seductive tapping sound on the table. It had to be food. I sneaked up on it and before I could pounce, Mommy had me by the scruff of my neck and was tossing me onto the cat log where my brother and sister Fiona got me and beat me up for leaving them out. I should have listened to Napoleon. He says no cat has ever caught that tapping sound. But I am Boogaboo. I will have that sound.
Massage from Mommy: Flame decided to try out being a lap cat while I tried out watching the new TV in the kitchen. She said it was a temporary thing while she thought about becoming a lap cat. As to the TV…there is no more on than before the other one blew up. At least it has a DVD player in it.

Due to Cancer surgery on my forehead, I will off indefinitely until I can heal completely, have at least one more operation to remove more cancer, heal….


According to Llewellyn’s Spell-a-Day Almanac, today’s color is Black and the incense is Cedar.

FORECASTS:

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is the Fortune: rotation. Be generous with both your time and resources because a greater reckoning is in the works.

Astrological Source: Llewellyn’s 2007 Daily Planetary Guide.
Astrologically, the Moon enters Leo at 9:57 AM EDT. Let the drama begin! For the next week, emotional outbursts are not in your favor so learn to keep your mouth shut until your brain engages. All the logic in the world won’t get your foot out of your mouth once inserted.
You may have a premonition in a dream tonight so make certain you keep track of it. Change is meeting with stiff opposition from authorities this morning but by evening, they will begin to reap what they sow. .

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say you will find it hard to move forward without fear today. A little fear is good. It sharpens the senses. Just do not let it paralyze you.

Today’s Cat Comfort Card is Catacomb. “Look deep inside. Take time to meditate or journey within.”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for the Faun. The Faun is natural wisdom and natural magic. He begs you to try and understand nature, to express the part of ourselves that dances with the fae in the moonlight on a faery hill. He urges us to sing with the birds as they celebrate the sunrise. Natural magic is at work. Be open to it.

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 4 and the Element is wood. The Ox finds conflict today but the Tiger has ease. Today is an auspicious day for haircuts, medical procedures, writing, gambling and births.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “This is a period of divine accomplishment for me. Closed doors are now opening before me. Everything I undertake leads to success in accordance with the highest possibilities of my destiny.
I celebrate the abundance and the kindness of the Universe.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.


COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

I think Napoleon is currently studying to be an organic speed bump from the way he sprawls across the hallway. I expect him to graduate with honors.
I have two round microbead pillows. The only difference is one is lavender and the other is midnight blue. SO…..why will Purrbie only sleep on the lavender one? They say cats can’t see color but I am convinced they are wrong.
I have learned very much the hard way, that being out shopping is the quickest way to have more pain. Walking around jiggles things that should no be jiggled. However, for the first time in my history, I actually scored something that was on sale at Target. Usually things are sold out by the time I get there but I got a digital TV with DVD player for under 200.00. Considering the old TV bit the dust and I didn’t know a hurricane was approaching, George decided I really did need a TV before I became totally out of touch with the Universe.
I promised the recipe for my infamous Mexicala Eggs for my Facebook fans here it is. Remember, one of the problems with cooking in this country is we overdo everything and put too much of everything in food and then we want it in 15 seconds or less. This recipe takes time but I guarantee it is worth every mouth watering minute. Begin by dicing up a half a medium cold tomato. Blot juices and set aside. Start with a large frying pan and a huge dollop of margarine or butter and I mean a HUGE one. Have the frying pan on med high. The margarine keeps the eggs from sticking and it provides flavor. Next, FINELY cut about 1/8 of a green bell pepper. Take an onion and make five wafer thin slices across it and finely dice. Slide them into the frying pan and cook until the onion is clear. Don’t worry about the pepper, it cooks with the eggs. Then break six eggs (this serves two) into the frying pan and begin to slowly stir after you have broken the yolks. Use a cooking fork to do this. I use a plastic two prong one. Reduce the heat immediately to medium. If the eggs are not cooking fast enough you can raise the heat but the slower the eggs cook, the less they bruise and the less sulfur taste you get. While cooking sprinkle a tiny amount of black pepper into the mix and here is the secret ingredient. Sprinkle a tiny amount of garlic salt into the mix…about an 1/8 of a teaspoon or less but..no more! Do not use fresh garlic or it overpowers the other tastes. Cook until nice and soft but not stiff and spoon onto plates. Sprinkle the diced tomato over the eggs and then put about five drops of Tabasco sauce on top. That’s all you need except a little fresh ground sea salt to taste. Remember, the slower you cook scrambled eggs, the better they will taste but you have to stand there and keep stirring…no running off and doing other things. Ideally it should take 20 minutes to scramble 3 eggs…YES…20 minutes. Try it and you will never go back to the old way!
People have been screaming they don’t want rationed health care, not that anyone was going to give them that. Well, the funny thing is, I already have it. Even though the cancer on the other side of my face can go into my eye, a quick assessment of how much money I have in the bank, left in the IRS account, the property taxes due and so forth, it became obvious I cannot even consider having the surgery until next year when the IRS account rolls providing George has a job and we still have insurance.
I don’t know if you are aware of this, but plaque, cavities and, definitely, abscessed teeth lower your resistance to all disease even the common cold. So if you have mouth full of bad teeth and the flu, you are more likely to die. How many people have dental insurance? I do, but I am totally resistant to Novocain and the insurance will not pay for total anesthesia, so I sit here needing 4 root canals, top and bottom both sides, and I have one broken with ¼ of it missing. Needless-to-say, I eat a lot of soft food. If it isn’t soft, I swallow it whole because I can’t chew much of anything. And that folks is what happens when you have really great dental insurance. You still suffer. I can’t even have my teeth cleaned until the root canals and the broken tooth is fixed so even with 100% coverage, no cleanings. I might as well drop the insurance for all it is worth to me.

No comments: