Friday, August 7, 2009

Forecast and Faery Finder for 08/08/09

08-08-09
Forecast and Faery Finder
By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit

Due to Cancer surgery on my forehead, I will off indefinitely until I can heal completely, have at least one more operation to remove more cancer, heal…move to Hawaii and say the H with it!

Message from the Microwits: I, Boogaboo, had a terrible accident last night. I mean even worst than when Fiona went head first into the big smelly food can in the kitchen that humans keep taking outside. Mommy cat was all laid out on the piano so the we thought it was a perfect time to roll her for some milk. We all grabbed a faucet and were sucking away when my back feet slipped off the top of the piano. Next thing I knew, I was sitting on the ground. Prescious says Skin Mommy waxes the Piano. He says she did it to the floor once and there were cats slipping all over the place, missing corners and splatting into things when they thought they could stop. Someone come and get that wax stuff before Skin Mommy uses it again.
Message from Skin Mommy: There is very little Microwit action with the old air conditioner tuned up and cooling. All the cats are sprawled out, napping. Only Napoleon and Josephina are actually up and causing destruction because they spend the day with me in air conditioning anyway. I just threaten Napoleon with annihilation if he knocked one more thing down and he turned and looked so cute with his little pink tongue sticking out I just melted. They know exactly how to manipulate me.
I am a little down because my doctor’s appointment didn’t go as well I hoped. I am not healing as well as I should be and a large patch of skin has died…I mean about a 1 inch in diameter one. There is no infection. At least that is good.



According to Llewellyn’s Spell-a-Day Almanac, today’s color is Blue and the incense is Pine.

FORECASTS:

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is the Eight of Pentacles: economy. Money is only a tool, not a goal or god. We save it to sustain ourselves but if we hope to gain, we must use it. Through its substance we manifest our will.

Astrological Source: Llewellyn’s 2007 Daily Planetary Guide.
Astrologically, we really should get a do over on this day. I mean, it’s Saturday! We deserve better aspects. Anyway, The afternoon finds ego conflicts in full swings as feelings are hurt an people are just itching for a fight. They’ll get one by evening and hope the intellectual differences do not turn into physical ones. By evening, you could have riots or at least some really semi-violent protests against the powers-that-be.

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say we are just not feeling very sexy today.

Today’s Cat Comfort Card is Technocat. “Learn a new skill. It will open up many possibilities.”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for Unity. Unity is here to remind us we are all one and what we do to each other, we do to ourselves. Maybe not today, or tomorrow but eventually it travels the web of the Universe and returns to us. That doesn’t mean bad things don’t happen to good people, but it guarantees eventually really bad stuff happens to bad people. I wonder how old Bernie is enjoying his retirement? Looks like the people he was protecting will be enjoying it with him shortly.

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 8 and the Element is Wood. The Rabbit finds conflict today but the Rooster has ease. Today is an auspicious day for haircuts, writing, gambling, construction and births.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “I stop now and I quiet all inner agitation. I peacefully and calmly take all the time to appreciate the beauty of everything around me as well as the beauty of my Soul. I listen to nature’s messages and to the music of the Universe. In this peaceful state, my higher self guides me gently toward the fulfillment of my destiny.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.


COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

This is happening all over the country:
Last night in Tampa, Florida, a town hall meeting erupted into violence, with the police being called to break up fist fights and shoving matches.1
A Texas Democrat was shouted down by right-wing hecklers, many of whom admitted they didn't even live in his district.2
One North Carolina representative announced he wouldn't be holding any town-hall meetings after his office began receiving death threats.3
And in Maryland, protesters hung a Democratic congressman in effigy to oppose health-care reform.
And yesterday, my own representative, Klein’s office was attacked by a huge crowd of protestors and the police were called to disperse them. He isn’t even in town. He is the man who helps anyone who comes into his office and never asks for their party affiliation. The little “Exchange of Ideas” as the Republicans are calling it, was organized by his opposition in the last election.
I’m sorry folks but if you are wondering what these people are afraid of, it is simply losing money. Health care is big business and insurance companies are definitely not operating at a loss. They, and HMO’s, are just about the most profitable businesses in the country next to Big Oil and the Banks…and we all know where those two have put us.
Let me give you an example of what someone with pretty much the best insurance, me, goes through just getting a doctor. First I have to check the company website to find out who is in plan or insurance pays 50% of the customary charge with according to them is about 15% of what the doctor actually charges. Now for those of you not so good at math, if the doctor charges 10.00, the insurance company will actually pay 75 cents for my visit if he is not in plan. I get to pay $9.25. Now, in plan is supposed to pay 80% but in actuality, they hit me with a per visit copayment which can be more than the 20% I should be paying. Oh, you thought I could choose any doctor I want…sure….at a really hefty penalty.
Step two I get to make the appointment. The first words I hear are, “What is your insurance carrier?” Sometimes they don’t need to ask because I have been in a hospital they are affiliated with and the information comes up on their computer. That, in many cases, dictates the amount and quality of care I am going to receive. As I said before, my BP medication was refilled for 2 years without seeing the doctor to monitor it because the insurance pays so little for a visit. I have actually been told, “You don’t need to see the doctor.” I am sitting here with a 2 inch in diameter hole in my forehead because it wasn’t profitable for the last dermatologist to do a follow up biopsy. I have to have a second surgery on another cancer on the other side of my forehead right over my eye for the same reason. I will be permanently disfigured. So if you think you are going to get substandard care under the new health care plan, guess what: you are already getting it and paying through the nose for it.
Now let’s say I have an emergency and am knocked unconscious, and rushed by ambulance to the ER. I need to regain consciousness long enough to make certain the ambulance company, admitting doctor, nurses, surgeon, anesthesiologist, hospital and pathologist are all in plan. Hopefully they will be able to make out what I am asking between screams. This is a top of the line insurance policy folks. Anyone who has had to file a claim and isn’t working in the insurance industry and has half a brain is supporting the reforms.
It absolutely amazes me that the very same people who fight tooth and nail for fetuses do not give a flying fig once that little bugger pops out if it dies three weeks later from lack of medical care. It seems a mass of cells is more important than a viable human being.
Am I bitter about spending the rest of my life wearing a scarf across my forehead, possibly needing more surgery to close this gaping hole in forehead and knowing I face the same thing on the other side on my eyebrow and down into the eye socket? You bet I am. I suggest you not protest around me or I guarantee I’ll be the one who gets violent.
By the way, want to know why we aren’t winning the war on drugs? Drug treatment facilities are making a killing on treatment that doesn’t work, law enforcement is getting loads of neat toys and government is making a killing on auctions of seized merchandise. What’s not to love except maybe the human suffering paying for it all? Anyone know how much a baby goes for in a private adoption? I heard around 100,000.00 or more. Nice little profit there…..gee and I thought they outlawed selling humans. My bad.

No comments: