Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Forecast and Faery Finder for 08/12/09

08-12-09
Forecast and Faery Finder
By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit

Due to Cancer surgery on my forehead, I will off indefinitely until I can heal completely, have at least one more operation to remove more cancer, heal…move to Hawaii and say the H with it! Having just gotten the bill for my co-payments, the only one going anywhere is the hospital and doctors. I don’t have bus fare left.



Message from the Microwits: Our stupid aunt, Poley, thought Skin Mommy was drowning. We laughed so hard we almost split a gut. She shouldn’t do that after big dinner. Our tummies hurt! Napoleon caught us a beetle but it wouldn’t stay on the ground and he refused to hit it harder, until it landed on Boogaboo. OUCH! Mommy let us lick the scrambled egg pan! Yummy!

According to Llewellyn’s Spell-a-Day Almanac, today’s color is brown and the incense is lavender.

FORECASTS:

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is the Two of Cups: harmony. Be patient and listen to the other person’s point of view. Then present yours just as calmly and rationally.

Astrological Source: Llewellyn’s 2007 Daily Planetary Guide.
Astrologically, the Moon enters Taurus at 12:50 AM EDT. All the plans you have over night get dashed in the harsh light of morning. You can’t even seem to get your socks to match. Oh, before you pull out of the driveway, make sure your shoes match.

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say you will find it very hard to raise standards today.

Today’s Cat Comfort Card is Caterwaul. “Express those pent-up feelings. Cry, scream or sing as loud as you can.”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for the Faery Godmother. Like Indi, she holds a ball in each hand. Unlike Indi, she can make up her mind. She is asking you which wish you want. So this is a day to be careful what you wish for.

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 2 and the Element is Earth. The Sheep finds conflict today but the Monkey has ease. Today is not an auspicious day for haircuts, medical procedures, writing, gambling, construction or births.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “Peace flows through me and around me. I free my mind of all criticism. I communicate and serve in a peaceful and loving way.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.


COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

Stolen pets are when a human is doing something else and a cat takes it as an opportunity to get a rub. Last night I was washing my hands. I am a little fanatical about it because I worked in medicine. So, I tend to put a bit of elbow grease into it. And the elbow is exactly where old Bat the Cat got a good rub. Then he crawled under my forearm for a stroke. All of this with water running and soap lathering so there was nothing I could do. The Microwits like to catch you seated and crawl in your lap. They have cute down pat. About the only thing you can do privately around here is bathe. So far, no one likes water.
Speaking of water, you really should introduce your feral cats to water very slowly. I am peacefully sitting on my shower chair having a relaxing shower when I hear a cat screaming in utter panic. I looked down and here is poor Poley with her head stuck in the shower, no color showing in her eyes -complete black, in a total panic, screaming, “Mommy, get out of there before you drown! Help! Drag her out!” I had to turn off the shower and let her see everything was alright to shut her up. I tell you, every night around here is an adventure in Cat Land.
All night I had Napoleon and Josephina blocking my way out of the bed, unconscious. Moving Napoleon when he is this deep sleep state is like trying to move a twenty pound sack of jello. With Josephina it is a forty pound sack of wet concrete! This morning I found her with her head laying over the edge of the bed. All the blood had be rushing to her head, but she was totally out. Now that breakfast has been fixed, I have five huge cats in here with me, all enjoying the air conditioning and the soft surfaces. Considering I bottle fed some of these cats and even held the whole litter in my hands at once, it is amazing to look at the huge cats they have grown into. Purrbie would give a bobcat a run for its size. Napoleon is all muscle and really heavy. And as for Josephina, she is a large round wrecking ball.
According to the book buzz…Magician is supposed to be way better than Harry Potter! Look for it.
Florida Power and Light is seeking a 31% rate hike next year. They don’t the benefits package, salaries and bonuses their executives make is relevant information and refuse to release them to the public service commission. I think it is really relevant information and their refusal tells me we are getting screwed, big time.

No comments: