Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Forecast and Faery Finder for 08/27/09

08-27-09
Forecast and Faery Finder
By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit

I had a good doctor’s visit today, so it looks like I will be around another couple of months or until the check clears. Napoleon has punished me soundly for leaving him alone. He is on my lap grabbing my hands to keep me from typing. I will not be forgiven for this indiscretion until I come up with some treat for him. Leaving him to go to the shop is not going to be easy. And the really good news is that even being immobile all this time, I lost 2 pounds.

Due to Cancer surgery on my forehead, I will off indefinitely until I can heal completely, have at least one more operation to remove more cancer, heal….

Message from the Mirowits: I am Boogaboo and I now know box fans. They are wonderful. They tickle your belly. Fear me! That fan is all mine.




According to Llewellyn’s Spell-a-Day Almanac, today’s color is white and the incense is jasmine.

FORECASTS:

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is the Queen of Swords: subversion. This card presents another chance at rationality rather than reaction-ality.

Astrological Source: Llewellyn’s 2007 Daily Planetary Guide.
Astrologically, social events for the next few days are not about self and grandstanding, but about honoring the efforts of others. Too many I’s in the conversation will negatively impact your standing with authorities and elders. This morning, lay low and try not to draw attention to yourself. By evening you will reap what you have sown.

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say trust your intuition.

Today’s Cat Comfort Card is Seacat. “Expand your horizons and your limitations will disappear.”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for the Guardian of the Gate. This singer returns again to remind us we are standing at the doorway to greatness but that door opening doesn’t guarantee passage. You have to be worthy. Will you move forward or fall back into old predictable patterns that you deem safe.

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 8 and the Element is wood. The dog finds conflict today. Today is NOT an auspicious day for haircuts, writing, gambling or births.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “NOW is a time for decisive action.
I let go of my past and I rebuild my life on totally new foundations. The light of my Soul guides me toward new paths and new discoveries for my highest good.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.


COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

Today we mourn the loss of Sen. Ted Kennedy who has worked tirelessly to give the American people the right to health care and it is because of his efforts, that children today have access to health care and a much better education. Now do not get me wrong, I have never been a fan of the Kennedy’s. Unfortunately, I knew too many of these people from a very different perspective when I was young. But aside from what he may or may not have done, he has most certainly dedicated the rest of his life to improving the lot of the average citizen in this country. For that he will be missed. I cannot say that for his detractors, but then again, I knew them well, too….maybe too well.
I have to tell you about a new product because I think it is the best thing since sliced bread. Bare Minerals has come out with a spf30 powder sunscreen in a self contained brush. Now, you can’t apply it as heavy as the regular powder if you have rosecea or any of the other skin ailments, but you can apply it over the regular powders. Since it is self contained, one twist and the brush goes in and out and the powder dispenses through the brush, you can carry it in your purse easily. Application is a dream. I used mine for the first time and easily refreshed it a couple of times.
We stopped into the IHOP on Federal Hwy in south Pompano for some food after the doctor. The mushroom spinach omelet was so perfect and delicious, I brought all the pancakes home. I didn’t even look at them it was so yummy. They’ve got a great cook in there!

No comments: