Friday, August 14, 2009

Forecast and Faery Finder for 08/15/09

08-15-09
Forecast and Faery Finder
By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit

Due to Cancer surgery on my forehead, I will off indefinitely until I can heal completely, have at least one more operation to remove more cancer, heal…this is going to stretch into next year some time.

Message from the Microwit: I am Boogaboo! I can climb anything. I climb legs. I got George this morning…all the way to the butt. You should have seen him jump. I am Boogaboo! Fear me!

According to Llewellyn’s Spell-a-Day Almanac, today’s color is grey and the incense is ivy.

FORECASTS:

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is the Emperor: propulsion. Ability used with restraint is focused energy and it is the most powerful kind. Try to avoid using your energy just to win, but to actually accomplish something.

Astrological Source: Llewellyn’s 2007 Daily Planetary Guide.
Astrologically, in the afternoon there are a lot of miscommunications about restrictions, rules and even lesson, so you probably have gotten it wrong. Check back later. For about a week, healing is available for old hurts if you have the right attitude and mind set. You can really heal yourself under this astrological influence. Tonight a money making idea arrives that showcases your talents. Put it to work. The energy is there for healing. Use it!

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say it is hard to visualize today but while the energies are so high, you really need to do just that to manifest.

Today’s Cat Comfort Card is Alley Cat. “Be adventurous. Everything will go your way.”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for He of the Fiery Sword. Now this Fae, who happens to be a Singer, is the guy who gets things done. However, he is a last resort because he will take the most expedient and quickest way to a solution and that may not be what you wanted. He doesn’t care if he makes enemies. He just fixes it.

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 8 and the Element is water. The Dog finds conflict today. This is the first time I have seen a day totally clear of auspicious or not influences.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “I quiet my mind and everything becomes silent within. I listen to my intuition. Without expectations or worries, I invoke the divine solution, which comes to me naturally and clearly in the peace of my Soul.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.


COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

I am declaring Purrbie’s tail a deadly weapon. Twice he has cleared my stand with it. I have never seen a cat with a tail that just sweeps everything in sight. At least he has finally gone to sleep with the tail curled under him. Now I will pick everything up. I have really talented cats. Napoleon is on the other side of the room and shook his head hitting me with some ear goop. Now I have to find the ear medicine. Crap…another outbreak of the dreaded ear mites! Napoleon got into a fight, yes a fight, with one of my big triangular support cushions and it flipped him over on his back and landed on top of him. Napoleon has left the room! I am giggling.
My doctor’s appointment almost went well. I was in a lot of pain because it is so darned hot. Just walking to the door to the building caused me to sweat and salt water in an open wound is not pleasant. Not only that the bottom edge of the wound has really be aching the past few days. Then, as always happens when I am in pain, I got sick at my stomach. I had to run out twice to the bathroom. That is so embarrassing. Today I had enough sense not to put makeup on because he thought I was doing so well last time. Sure! I can make myself look like anything. I am an expert with makeup as I was a model once. The dark shadows under my eyes, the black eyes, the paleness all disappear along with the rosecea, but it all illusion. Today he got to see the real deal and promptly wrote me a prescription for pain. Without make up I look like Hades on a bad day. I am healing, very slowly. The feeling came in my scalp and then it went. He says that is normal and that swelling will cause the nerves to stop functioning. I am really learning a lot I didn’t know about skin and nerves. I am also learning I will probably be wearing wigs the rest of my life because I am losing my hair fast after this surgery. I am not holding out much hope it is coming back. I am letting the back grow out so I have something to attach the hair pieces to. It is riving nuts being too short to pin up and just long enough to tickle. Being a red head, I didn’t have much to start with. Oh, a friend pointed out that scientifically, red heads have more sensitivity to pain because they have more nerve endings. I think I know where every one of them is, too!
Conner, my huge black cat, has taken over the shower bench. It is the first time he has found a chair big enough to support is girth. From his shower throne, he now directs all the other cats, when he wakes up. With Lady Jayne and Prescious in there with him, the shower is full. They are all huge cats. That gives the Microwits control of the kitchen and no part of your body is safe in there now. Napoleon sleeps by my side the moment the pain gets bad and his sister Josephina takes his place when he goes out to eat.
As for me, I have to make some lunch because if I don’t eat, I will get sick but I have as much desire for food as I do standing on my head. However, my special egg salad did the trick. I put boiled eggs, hot dog relish mustard, onion, mayo and a couple of olives in it. Yummy!
I finished Strange Brew, a book of short stories by various authors in the magic fiction field. I find it amazing that they come up with better explanations for how magic works than many metaphysical authors. For example from “Last Call”, Jim Butcher writes: “Which really made sense from a technical perspective. Magic is about a lot of things, and one of them is emotion. Once you begin to mass manufacture anything, by the very nature of the process, you lose the sense of personal attachment you might have to something made by hand. For the Maenad’s purposes, it would have meant that mass-produced beer had nothing she could sink her magical teeth into, no foundation to lay her complex compulsion upon” He definitely explains it a lot better than I normally do to customers.

No comments: