Thursday, August 13, 2009

Forecast and Faery Finder for 08/14/09

08-14-09
Forecast and Faery Finder
By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit

Due to Cancer surgery on my forehead, I will off indefinitely until I can heal completely, have at least one more operation to remove more cancer, heal…




According to Llewellyn’s Spell-a-Day Almanac, today’s color is Pink and the incense is Alder.

FORECASTS:

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is the Magian: encapsulation. When you can balance the activity in the two hemispheres of you brain, your power emanates from the bridge between and allows you to turn thought and intent into action and material means. It is every bit as hard as it seems but I always visualize a balance scale and watch both sides of it simultaneously. Eventually my focus shifts the two sides to the center, merges them and then the energy is released. Just be careful what you release. Energy has a habit of bouncing back on you.

Astrological Source: Llewellyn’s 2007 Daily Planetary Guide.
Astrologically, the Moon enters Gemini at 6:25 AM EDT and we now try to do too much at the same time. For the next week, you biggest enemy in making money is your ego. Swallow your pride and do what you have to, to make ends meet. It is an aggravating morning where change is opposed at every turn. Come afternoon, you will begin to reap what your have sown in the past year.

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say as annoying as the day is, it is hard to be kind but that is the test of your self.

Today’s Cat Comfort Card is Cat’s Eye. “Open that inner eye. You’ll see what’s really happening.’

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for the Faery Who Was Kissed by the Pixies. Love, wonderful love is in the air today. Give it. Receive it, but beware, some get metaphysical open heart surgery and like all surgery, that takes a bit of time to heal. So your motives had best be pure when she is there and not be asking: what’s in it for me?

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 9 and the Element is Metal. The Rooster finds conflict today but the Dragon and Snake have ease. Today is an auspicious day for haircuts, writing, gambling, construction and births.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “I now let go of all my old habits. I take this opportunity to make fundamental changes in my life. God supports me totally in this action and my life is opening to new dimensions of freedom, love and happiness.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.


COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

I have learned that George may survive on beans and bacon but I need real protein. In that vein I also learned the cats recognize the metal skinned Salmon fish when I take one off the shelf. The fact that they had rolled the entire stack of canned salmon into their food bowl should have given me a hint. However, Napoleon does not like salmon. He is a very strange cat. After yesterday, I am feeling somewhat better. Tomorrow I have the doctor. It is an every Friday thing. Not exactly a date one looks forward to. I did manage to write 20 pages of my book today with a little help from Lady Jayne at my side.

Folks, no matter what misinformation is being circulated and I’ve seen everything from President Obama sees himself as ruler of the world to even sillier….It was Bush that aspired to that position just as soon as he took over Iraq and captured Benladen who happened to be in Afghanistan - geography wasn’t his best subject…just keep one thing in mind in the coming weeks:
I have excellent insurance through a multinational company. Each year two things happen: 1. My premiums go up. 2. What it pay goes down as do my choices.
5 years ago I could go to any doctor and the insurance paid 80%. I had a choice of mail order pharmacy or any pharmacy. Emergency care was paid at 100%
4 years ago, HMO, and preferred providers were added and I could have 1 refill at my local pharmacy before I had to go to the mail order pharmacy. Insurance still paid 80%. Emergency care was 80%
3 years ago, preferred providers were paid at 80% and others at 70%. Medication remained the same. HMO were pushed heavily. Emergency care at a preferred provider was 80%, all others 70%
2 years ago, preferred providers were paid at 80%, deductibles went up and I get one prescription under insurance at my local pharmacy but hey, mail order is cheaper. Other doctors were paid at 60...same for emergency room.
Last year, preferred providers were paid at 80%, suddenly it is cheaper to buy my prescriptions out of pocket than use the copayment at the mail order pharmacy. If the condition is not life threatening, the ER visit may or may not be paid. (Now keep this in mind. After hours, your doctor is liable to send you to the ER if he feels you can’t wait until morning but that may not be a life threatening condition. I was sent to the ER to see if my Heart Cath was alright because the doctor‘s office was booked up for a week…talk about rationed care. We have it now.) Other doctors are paid at 50% the customary expense which translates to about twenty five cents per every ten dollars of charge to me. When I enter the hospital, I have to make certain every person treating me is in-plan because even though a hospital is listed as a preferred provider, every doctor in it and some of the departments are independent contractors and need separate contracts with the insurance company to be a preferred provider. Most of them have already refused to take a huge cut in pay. The discount to the insurance company on my 16,000.00 bill was a little over 12,000.00. Would you be interested in taking that pay cut? Neither is your doctor.
Just keep this in mind in the coming months. Health care is already rationed to those who can pay, those on medicare and those so poor they are on medicaide. Oddly enough 2/3 of that equation is government run insurance programs like President Obama is suggesting be available to the rest of us. Oh, and I totally forgot but a friend reminded me: the VA. Our Congress is not at all worried about your health care when they can check in Walter Reed VA hospital any time they want for free. Our police and firemen put their lives on the line for us every day and they have to pay for the minimal private insurance plans your local government offers them. Why can’t the armed forces pay for their own insurance. Then again, good luck finding a preferred provider in Iraq. The rest of you can fend for yourselves if you aren’t in the above categories. So maybe you should learn how to file for bankruptcy now rather than waiting for the moment you get smacked by a car, fall off a ladder or get sick.
And as an historical point, every one of these arguments was brought forward when medicare was proposed. How about we do away with medicare and save even more money: 419 billion dollars to be exact this year alone? Then we can dump medicaide and VA and the government will be totally out of the health care business. With all these new people buying private policies, the prices should go down, shouldn’t they? That is Capitalism, isn’t it? That’s what the Republicans have been telling you. Oddly enough when I took economics in college back in the 70’s the Law of Supply and Demand said the greater the Demand, the higher the price. Hum………..Could they possibly be lying?????

No comments: