Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Things I wonder about.....

A few nights ago, I tuned into what should have been the perfect TV show for me. Please remember, I have neither satellite or cable. I settled into watch it and after about 15 minutes I was so aggravated I had to turn it off. It had nothing to do with the content. I just kept getting jittery and annoyed at nothing in particular.

Well, I have chewed on it for a few days and reached a conclusion I do not like. This feeling usually overtakes me when someone is saying something they absolutely do not believe or what I am seeing is not matching what I am hearing with it. Sometimes when the closed  captioning gets way off, I get this feeling and have to turn it off. It is like trying to pay attention to two things at once and getting less than half of either one.

That is when it hit me: subliminal perception. Either visually, which I am giving a quick no because it would be too easy to decode, or audibly, something was being broadcast under the program. The feeling is like you are in a room alone and keep thinking you hear someone whispering or someone watching you. Just for the record, it was not on a FOX station which is even more distressing.
I have no idea what is going on but, I have had the same "feeling" that has caused me to turn off favorite FOX shows, too. It is not on the DVD's, by the way. I can watch them.

I don't know what is going on, but I think the TV is staying off.

No comments: