Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Forecast for Wednesday, 04/06/11

Goddess, what a day. The storm blew through here like a freight train. The shop door blew open and George didn't know it and all the cats disappeared. Add that to the side trip I needed to make to pay the rent and finally, George went to pay the rent and I went seeking cats. Finally I got out the kitty coke, called Temptations, and rattled the bag. I had Isis, Bitwit and Loki before you could say: here kitty, kitty. They were so frightened by the storm they had all run upstairs and hid. The poor babies, except Bitwit who wasn't born yet, went through Hurricane Wilma and all the trees coming down here. It must have sounded like the end of the world and today wasn't much better.
Then I made the mistake of my life. I was so glad to have them, I gave them the treats and some fresh catnip leaves. Now, Bitwit is following me around and has nipped my ankles once over the treats. Surely I am going to give out more drugs.....

Speaking of drugs, it turns out the Broward County Pain Pill epidemic isn't as much of an epidemic as the local cops would like you to believe. More people die in Florida each day from cigarettes and alcohol than Oxycontin by a long shot. However, they have succeeded admirably of getting the supply of pain relievers seriously reduced to legitimate pain patients and scared doctors so badly they are refusing to prescribe them. Take into consideration we have a huge elderly population in Broward County and with age comes pain, unfortunately. One official remarked that chronic pain suffers would just have to "find another way to cope".
I want that gold plated jackass to spend one night in my body. Take last night for instance. I can't lay on my right side because my osteoarthritis is hurting too badly in my shoulder. If I turn onto my left side, I activate the sciatica which feels like hot needles sticking under my toe nails and across the bottoms of my feet. I can't lay on my back because my back permanently hurts. I can't lay on my stomach because, well, gentlemen you will never experience this but let's just say D cup. After a certain size, no woman tries to lay on them. So it is 4 in the morning and I don't dare take my little quarter of a endocet because it will last 6 hours and I have to get up and function. I can't take Naproxen, Aleve, because I have had my two doses for the week and it affects my kidneys but I guess I could give the endocet (oxy) and go on dialysis or have a kidney transplant. I can't take aspirin because it thin my bloods so badly I will bleed out with a minor cut and I can't take ibuprofen for both of the previous reasons. So, rather than the headache, constipation, nausea and forgetfulness that comes with Oxycontin, I lay awake until I finally fall asleep or pass out from exhaustion. Then I am up at 5 AM, 7 AM, 9:30 AM, 11 A M and finally what's the use? Now Mr. Gold Plated Jackass, let's see you go to work and function after a week or lifetime of nights like that one. I'll bet twenty bucks you'd be sucking down Oxycontin like a camel at a watering hole sucking up water in the desert. By the way, if you are in pain, you don't get any high from Oxycontin. You just get pain relief and to be honest, it isn't that great but it sure beats everything else on the market. \
As for privacy and the data base, every time I go in to get my sudaped because my sinuses are slammed shut by allergies, I have to swipe my driver's license and I go into a data base to make sure I am not buying enough to cook up some Meth. Let me tell you, a sinus sufferer is ten times more violent than a Meth head if you try to take that Sudafed away from them. Where's my privacy with an over the counter drug for allergies??????

Today's Tarot Card is the Emperor, the King of Pentacles and the Five of Pentacles. After you beg, jump through hoops and generally demean yourself, he who holds the money might actually give you a loan, with a hefty interest rate....

The Moon is void of course today. The only aspect will last the rest of the week and as I said yesterday, it brings explosions, expansion, fires and strokes. So, use that energy very carefully and don't play with your health. You could also win big at games of chance with this aspect but only Aries, Leo and Sagittarius are favored in that department. The rest of us may just be wasting out money.

No comments: