Thursday, August 20, 2009

Forecast and Faery Finder for 08/21/09

08-21-09
Forecast and Faery Finder
By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit

Important Message:
If you are planning on organizing or attending a psychic themed event this holiday season LISTEN UP.
In absolutely every facet of commerce, the scam artists are out in force trying to take what is left of our money. This area is no exception. Before you let people into events to work, spend 5 minutes checking them out. Check references. Get on MySpace, Facebook, and Google and find out who these people really are. Demand real names. Find out what they are charging and lastly, ask your exhibitors that have been with you for years if they know these people. Unfortunately, anyone new is suspect right now. A website is not a credential and any website without a person’s name or with a really familiar name on it is probably what is called a piggybacker. That means they have taken an URL out that is close enough to a famous person’s website to show up in a search of that person on Google. Tricks include using an famous person’s unusual first or last name as the URL then putting another name with it on the website. Playing tricks like adding or removing hyphens or underscores from the real URL so instead of I-Psychic, the URL is Ipsychic. Then the new website will have no legal names in it to mislead you into thinking it is the real famous person’s website. Just remember, if it is too good to be true, it’s a scam. If someone is running a scam in another area, don’t hire them as a psychic. Use some common sense and caution. Five minutes will save the reputation of your event and you might just still have your dependable exhibitors in attendance when you hold the next event, because I guarantee you, most of us are not interested in wasting our gas money an time to make an appearance rather than money at events. If you are going to let people in to undercut everyone’s prices who has supported your events in the past to “bring the people in”, you had better really like them because next event they are going to be your only exhibitors.

Message from the Microwits: I am Boogaboo. Fear me! Mommy won’t let me sleep on the new TV and I fits so good on that narrow top. The DVD tickles my belly. Mommy mean to me.

Due to Cancer surgery on my forehead, I will off indefinitely until I can heal completely, have at least one more operation to remove more cancer, heal….




According to Llewellyn’s Spell-a-Day Almanac, today’s color is purple and the incense is vanilla.

FORECASTS:

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is the Page of Pentacles: reservation. Moderation is the key to having the time and energy for spiritual pursuits.

Astrological Source: Llewellyn’s 2007 Daily Planetary Guide.
Astrologically, for a couple of days, tempers flare over cleanliness and organization. This might be a really good night to stay home and watch a DVD. Finances are short and it is easy to be conned into something you need. Not only that, but rules and regulations are being enforced with force making everyone’s night miserable. So, you might want to buy the DVD instead of renting it.

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say it really is time to consider a new location or a new venue for your talents.

Today’s Cat Comfort Card is Catalyst. “The time is right. Start something new today.”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for the Dark Lady, mistress of our nightmares and unconscious power. She comes during ritual, sleep, ecstasy and total despair. She is the guardian of all that is unborn and spiritual. Look for her tonight and at Samhain.

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 2 and the Element is Earth. The Dragon finds conflict today but the Sheep an Monkey have ease. This is an auspicious day for haircuts, writing, gambling and births.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “”I now face people and situations with courage.
I express myself freely and all conflicts are resolved in a balanced and open was for the mutual benefit of everyone.
I proclaim and manifest the power of my Higher Self with love, understanding and respect for others and for myself.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.


COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

Napoleon, the spurt. That is the only way I can describe Napoleon’s new trick. There are cats that camel. First the nose lays on your leg, then the head, then the neck and next thing you know, you have the whole cat in your lap. Napoleon has a better way. He lays his head on my leg, tucks his shoulder in like a rocket and a minute later, he kicks off with his hind legs and spurts fully into my lap. He is really smart. He knows I was really angry when I awoke to him ripping my screen up on the bedroom window trying to get the gecko on the other side of the glass. So he is patiently laying in lap as I type like a really, really good boy, but we all know the truth.
I finally set up the new TV only to discover I get one channel. I hate digital. It is a plot to make you buy cable or satellite. Anyway, the high definition makes it perfect for cats. Purrbie spent a good 15 minutes reaching over and under it trying to get the little people out of the box. Napoleon sat on a pillow and watched “Escape from Witch Mountain” with me. That’s a really good movie and would have been better if I could have gotten the closed captioning to work and known what everyone but Dwayne Johnson was saying. The man has great diction It is so easy to read his lips. It works on the TV programs. And then, something terrible happened. I pressed eject. As the DVD rose from the top of TV, Napoleon’s ear located, fixed on the sound, the eyes focused and the rump twitched. I managed to grabbed the DVD just as he discovered this TV doesn’t have that huge back end to land on and crashed into my box of nightstand supplies sending pill bottles, emery boards, glasses, etc. flying. Prescious made the same discovery this morning. I am afraid to leave the TV alone. What happens if I wall mount it? Will I have a bunch of flat pancake cats that have smashed into the wall behind it? Yes, my little crew is not too bright.
People always spread nasty rumors about Tom Cats. Yes, my boys are all neutered. Last night, and Boogaboo will get me for this, Boogaboo fell down the back of the old TV. That emits a sound like claws on a washboard. Napoleon was on top the TV in a flash and pulled Boogaboo up by the scruff of the neck before he slid all the way behind the TV stand. Then, he balanced him on the top of the old TV (The thing is really old and huge) and washed all the dust off of him. Now isn’t that sweet?

No comments: