Monday, March 8, 2010

Forecast and faery Finder for 03/09/10


03-09-10
Forecast and Faery Finder
By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit


According to Llewellyn’s Magical Almanac, today’s color is black and the incense is cedar. Today is 40 Saints Day.

FORECASTS:

Astrologically, you have suffered a lot of bruises over the past years and finally the lesson you have learned are going to pay off. Look for your reward in the next 30 days.
Over all, this is an excellent day. The noon hour is great for making financial progress and expanding your sphere of influence. This evening communications are in high gear and you learn everything you need to move ahead.

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is the Three of Pentacles: foundation. Take what you know and update it for the new world you are dealing with. Get rid of old habits and your mood will improve.

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say:
No one is feeling overly sexy today.
.
Today’s Cat Comfort Card is:
Aristocat: “Classy and understated, you’ll attract many admirers.”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for:
Lys of the Shadows is back and she is the Fae that helps the helpers. The poor little thing must be wore out with all the stuff going on. If you are of a mind, leave her a little herbal tea and honey. She needs the boost.

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 7 and the Element is Earth. The Rat finds conflict today but the Dog and Boar have ease. Today is not an auspicious day for signing contracts, gambling, starting construction and births.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “I now face people and situations with courage.
I express myself freely and all conflicts are resolved in a balanced and open way for the mutual benefit of everyone.
I proclaim and manifest the power of my Higher Self with love, understanding and respect for others and for myself.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.

COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

What a day! First stop was the doctor with George. It is nice to not be the one being poked and prodded for a change. Then we stopped at Costco as I was running really low on gas. I got some chopped liver as eating was becoming optional. Then it was off to the dentist where the lovely assistant ground the temp cap down so I could actually close my mouth without hitting the tooth. It was way too high. The pain abated and we stopped at IHOP and got me some scrambled eggs as I had not eaten anything all day. When you can’t chew without excruciating pain, you quickly stop eating. Then it was home and over to Staples to make copies of all the crap the auditing firm wanted to prove I am George’s wife. After thirty eight and a half years they should know I am too crazy to change horses. Then on to the PO to overnight it. By then I was dropping fast, so we continued on to Target to get George’s prescription and an epiphany. He came back to the table, because I had dropped in the little restaurant in there, and said 40.00 was awful expensive for a 3 week supply of pills. So I said something to the effect that he should see it without the insurance paying part. Well, he went back to the pharmacy because he didn’t believe the insurance was paying part of it and returned rather glassy eyed. Without insurance it is, rounded up a few pennies: $130.00 for three weeks. I could see the…what am I going to do if I have to take this stuff permanently…thought circling like a shark in his brain and he finally realized how I feel about my BP medicine. There is no way we can afford it without insurance and it really is the only thing I can take. I went through all the others and the side effects were horrendous. I don’t think George is enjoying his visit into my world.
I would love to know where the idea the American people have rejected healthcare reform came from. The only people I have seen rejecting it are a bunch of rich Republican congress people who already enjoy the lavish benefits of a government administered, managed and paid for health care plan. Hey, idiots, just give us your health care plan. We’ll be happy. I’d like a visit to Walter Read right now, since I can no longer lift my right arm over my head or extend it forward, paid for by the government. If it it’s good enough for Congress, it’s good enough for me. Bring it on.
Anyway, I spent the entire day driving from one end of this county to the other end of the next county, I can no longer lift anything with my right hand and my shoulder is worse than the toothache I had. Where I am going to find the money to see an orthopedic man, I do not know but it is becoming critical or I am not going to be putting my clothes on or driving.
All the cat cuteness occurred while we were out. They saved the orneriness for our return. Fiona tried to jump head first into the container of chopped liver. Flame is trying to fish the pot of chicken off the stove George is cooking for them and if the turtle should happen to fall in the pot, all the better. Last night I got a chicken leg out and discovered I could not chew it so I started dividing it up for the cats. Fiona and Lady Jayne were sitting on the stool. So, I put a little piece in front of Fiona and a large piece in front of Lady Jayne. Fiona pelicaned the small piece, grabbed the big piece and headed for parts unknown before Lady Jayne could look down. Lady Jayne sat there for a couple of minutes looking at the stool, certain there had been meat there. The same thing happened a couple of weeks ago. Prescious and Bat the Cat had a hissing contest over a chicken leg, both heads went down at the same time and the floor was empty. Fiona was dragging the leg off and it was so big she was straddling it and duck walking. Fiona is vicious where meat is concerned. I hope she never considers me edible.
We have a lost cat in Hillsboro Pines, so everyone keep your eyes open. The signs are everywhere. I looked every time I drove through today but I saw nary a cat. I mean, I saw no cats. I guess they don’t come out until evening and the last one looked hurt running across the street. It was headed to its home at a good clip so I didn’t try to stop and help. I did see one large brown dog wandering around. I am glad I keep all my cats in the house.
How bad is the economy? After Bush’s eight years of uncontrolled spending and borrowing from China, 7 Catholic schools closed down here. Today another one went under in Miami. Why is this important? This school was going on three generations of family members going there. When people abandon religious schools and they go under for lack of funding, it is really, really bad. Religion is the last thing people abandon. I have never, in 59 years, seen a Catholic school close for lack of funding. All the Bush administration did was reward shipping our jobs overseas and now it is too late to turn the tide. Just ask George. His job is going to India. Just between you and me, I see no way anyone can stop this. President Obama has done his best, but he is trying to plug a Titanic sized leak with bubblegum because bubblegum is all we have left. And like the Titanic, most of Bush’s really dirty tricks were way below the level of the public’s view. Just remember folks, it was the Republican’s last eight years that put us here, even though they have conveniently forgotten they took a balanced budged and ran up the largest deficit in history. You know, for people who are against spending they sure do a lot of it…all in the name of national security. For people who are against big government, they created the largest expansion since Medicare was created. They created an whole new department called Homeland Security. Wow, I guess they forgot that. Before you scream, learn this: Homeland Security’s job was done by the National Security Agency, the Secret Service and the FBI. Bush created a whole new agency to duplicate their jobs rather than improving the coordination of information between agencies. And what did he achieve except some sweetheart contracts for his buds? Absolutely nothing as the last terrorist attack on a jetliner proved. Now we have five agencies not sharing their information instead of four. Selective memory must be a wonderful thing. Those condos in Dubai must sit on the River Denial.
Oh, and I might add, business as usual. The local cops have always done their best not to cooperate with the next police department or the FBI and constantly bicker over jurisdiction. Why would you think government agencies would be any different?

No comments: