Sunday, March 28, 2010

Forecast for 03.29/10

03-29-10
Forecast and Faery Finder
By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit


According to Llewellyn’s Magical Almanac, today’s color is grey and the incense is hyssop. Today is the Feast of St. Eustace’s of Luxeuil.

FORECASTS:

Astrologically,
The Moon enters Libra at 7:21 AM EDT.
The Moon is Full at 10:25 PM EDT, in 9Libra17.
Strange dreams plague you and you awaken with old wounds hurting and may a crick in the neck. With the moon moving immediately into Libra, don’t expect anyone to make their minds up quickly. The first things on today’s agenda is how you can look like a million bucks and spend none. Projects for art and beautification have to scaled back to within budget. Getting a reward you rightly deserve but really don’t like is going to increase your energy and have you vowing to make some big changes in yourself. Just be nicer to people. This is not a day you can make sweeping changes in anything, but you can plan.
For the next couple of days, social events of a metaphysical nature are favored.

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is the Lovers: discrimination. The key to success is to find your complimentary half within yourself. You have all the components you need for success. You just need to find your strengths and your weaknesses. Strengths require no work. Weaknesses need some logical solutions.

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say:
This is not the day to resolve problems
.
Today’s Cat Comfort Card is:
Cat Lover: “Contact your loved ones today.”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for:
The Dark Lady joins us today. The Dark Lady is the mistress of ritual and mysteries. Observe the proper ritual and enlightenment will be yours.

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 3 and the Element is Earth. The Monkey finds conflict today but the Rat has ease. Today is an auspicious day for haircuts, medical procedures, signing contracts, gambling and births.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “I am now ready to live a courageous life committed to the complete manifestation of the Divine Plan on earth. Neither difficult tasks now fear can stop me. I go forward with power and enthusiasm for God is with me and supports my every effort.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.

COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

Geez, I am finding it hard to believe March is almost over! I guess that is what happens when you are sick for most of the month and I am still under the weather with this flu. I am now into the second week of suffering.
Today I am offering some pinch-a-penny tips, since George is soon joining the unemployment line, we have to start the conservation now. Coupons and sales are the biggies in saving money as your food budget is the one thing you can cut a few corners on without sitting under a bridge.
Coupons can be big savings if you don’t fall into the trap of buying something you really don’t need just because it looks like it is on sale. Note the words: looks like. Read your sales flyer carefully and make certain the words: regular low price, are not in it. Stores have taken to placing Their non sale items in the flyers. Some will place a couple of sale items interspersed between the regular priced items so you think the others are on sale. So, ask yourself before you get to the store if it is something you really use and if it is really on sale. Then, put on blinders. By that I mean, have a list, get those items and get the H of Dodge. Why? Because stores don’t make money on sales. They make money on the products you buy with the sale items. Got a good coupon on chips? Aw, aren’t you going to need the much more profitable drinks to go with them? Then the store jacks up the price on drinks. The big W is well known for that trick. Consider those store aisles a minefield for your wallet.
When shopping sales, make sure you shop more than one store flier. Why, you ask? Well, this week there is a coupon for frozen veggies. Going between Target and the big W, they are the same price, on sale. However, there is also a coupon for Oscar Mayer Bacon. It is on sale at both stores, so pickup a package of that at the big W for TWENTY ONE CENTS MORE than it is at Target. See what I mean???? While you have those ads in front of you, compare! I will be shopping Target tomorrow.
Coupons can be a nightmare. You have to be organized and forget the coupon organizers. Eventually, I have not only abandoned the organizer but the coupons out of total frustration. So, I have new system and hey, if you are out of work, you’ve got time. My system involves a package of small envelopes, of which I have plenty left, and a dollar zipper pouch I got at Walgreens. I take each envelop and tuck the flap in. On the front top, I write a category like condiments. On the back I have 3 conveniently created segments on which I now have April, May and June written. These are expiration dates. Under each month I have the date the coupon expires, the brand and the amount. It really helps if you normally write small. All the envelopes go into the pouch alphabetically with a marker so as I use them, I can mark them off. Writing the coupons down puts them in my memory better than just clipping. I have a final envelop into which the coupons for the sale will go and tomorrow, those are the only items I will walk out with.
The next way to save food money is to know what and how much you use. If you are a couple like George and I, you simply don’t use a lot of many things. The biggies are condiments. Don’t go with the maybe you will make deviled eggs next month so a big jar of mustard is a good idea! That is how the garbage can gets money. We use very little mustard and ketchup and I just threw out a half a garbage can of condiments and salad dressings. So from now on, I am buying the smallest size I get. It may cost more initially but if I am tossing ¾ of the bottle, the big one will cost more in the long run as I keep replacing it. I really like Dr. Oz’s idea of writing the date on the bottle but instead of when you opened it, I suggest the date it is going to meet the garbage can. That way the question of should I eat it is a no brainer. Now, in the world of mayo, I can get the big one because we like it on our tomatoes. So, watch your eating habits and then plan or better yet, clean the fridge and find out what you have way too much of in the garbage can.
The really biggie is to not buy what you don’t eat. There are always great coupons on new products, but will you really try them once you get them home? Think before you even clip the coupon. The other tricky one is to study the new product. There is 5.00 coupon off the soap dispensing system. Motion activated soap dispensers are really expensive and this “looks like” a bargain. Read closely and you will discover the words: soap dispensing system. That means it will only use its own soap and you can bet they are about to nail you there! Me, I am passing on it.
However, don’t fall into the not buying what you don’t need right now trap. There is not much baking going on in the summer and spring, so it should be no surprise that those supplies just came on sale. Parchment paper, tin foil, all those things can be stored in a plastic box in preparation for fall and winter because come those seasons, the price will rise. Cute things like specialty cake and cupcake molds go on discount after or just before the holiday and you can bet that is when I buy them. I am already looking at all the molds on sale to see what goes nice with Ostara! It is always cheaper to make your own. I saw a cute trick on the View this week. A totally plain cake can be nicely dressed by gathering a few flowers, tying them with a ribbon and just laying them on top of the cake. Absolutely no talent is required. However, stay away from the Oleander and Datura blossoms. Well, some of you may like the Datura blossoms, just to not poison anyone you aren’t intending to.
Happy shopping and saving!

No comments: