Thursday, December 30, 2010

Forecast for Friday, Dec. 31, 2010

Happy New Year's Eve! Stay safe out there! Have fun! We will be having some sparkling white grape juice. I really love that stuff. I love champagne, too, but the temptation to drink the bottle is too great. Instead I opted for a lemon meringue pie. I like that more.
Each and every day it seems the cats remind me that I am not the superior species. Last night it was Napoleon's turn to take me down a notch or two. I have had a running battle for over 30 years with cats over my water glass on the night stand. First I tried putting a coaster over it and they just nosed it off. Then I went to the German hinged cups and they proved those were breakable. I tried the sippy cups with a straw and they bit the straw making it unusable. I went to bottles and they knocked those off and rolled them under the bed. Then I thought I had the ultimate solution in Contigo. They don't break, they hold a lot of water and the lid doesn't come off.
Ahhhh, but what I neglected to notice all summer was Napoleon studying physics. He would lick the sides of the Contigo as I filled it with ice and water and it would sweat. All night he would have his version of ice water. Then the winter came and I stopped putting ice in it and it stopped sweating. I thought I was safe until this morning when I discovered Napoleon understood the principles of osmosis. The water travels up the inside of the Contigo container and creates a little pool in the sliding part that closes the container. That is the perfect little drink for Napoleon and I have been drinking Napoleon cooties for who knows how long now! There is no way I am ever going to win this war.
Today's Tarot Card is the Lovers. Okay, now really be careful out there. Things always look better with alcohol until the next morning. There are worse things you can catch than Napoleon cooties.
The Moon is Void of Course from 2:57 PM to 8:21 PM EST when she enters Sagittarius making us more young at heart and playful. However, you may be asking yourself why on earth you accepted that invitation during the Void of Course, particularly since it starts during a Neptune and Uranus aspect. Oh, and be really careful of hitting "reply all". It is a very romantic morning when everyone female is picking out the little black dress. By afternoon, emotions are happy, money is flowing and abundance seems around the corner. Then old Neptune brings out the rose colored glasses and the deception but Uranus in Pisces makes you certain you are seeing clearly. By late afternoon, Chiron arrives to teach you a lesson about living by the River Nile. You will reap what you have sown and it all turns out okay as elders and authorities may actually rescue you.

No comments: