Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Witches' Ball

I have only three of these Witches' Balls left in purple. They are hand blown in the Czech Republic, about 4.5 - 5 inches in diameter. Because they are hand blown the size varies a slight bit. They are HEAVY.
I have one in my garden at home and everything has grown like mad since I placed it. I mean everything, including the weeds! My problems with neighbors also stopped but that is another story...they are Fundies.
Every glass ball I have seen since has been way lighter than these balls. Each ball is $35.00 plus shipping and I think I can get it into a flat rate priority mail box. If not, I have UPS.
Anyway, email me at janice@cosmicsalamander.com if you want one and I will send you a paypal button. You DO NOT need a paypal account. They are just the gateway to process just about every card in the Universe.
What does a Witches' Ball do? The legend is that the balls absorb negative energy and the strands inside the ball trap it, very much like a devil trap or a dream catcher. Every culture has a variation on this theme. The Witches' Ball originated either in England or the Colonies (USA). It is hard to say whether it was brought over or not with the first colonists. All I know is if someone walks under the display, looks uneasy or glaces at it immediately, I am careful with that person because 99 out of 100 people don't notice them until they are on their way out of the shop. I had one person who really hated the balls and wouldn't sit anywhere near them. I'm not going to bore you with the pain and suffering I got from that person but it came in the extreme. I didn't realise then that they are a "we're going to harm you" alarm system. Don't you love it when something really works?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would like to get one but I can pick it up mmlaverde@gmail.com