Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Forecast and Faery Finder for 06-25-09

06-25-09

Forecast and Faery Finder
by Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit

According to Llewellyn’s Spell-a-Day Almanac, today’s color is Crimson and the incense is Mulberry.

Today is Old Litha. It is the height of summer abundance and hence, is tied to the Greenman, a nature spirit of abundance.

FORECASTS:

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.
Today’s Tarot Card is the Six of Swords: ascendancy. This cards proves all the swords are not bad. This is where you dive into the depths of your mind on a voyage of self-discovery. New creative ideas bubble up from those depths and with them enlightenment. It is time to dump the restrictive ideas and constant anxieties. The future is change and it brings both great intellectual challenges and rewards.

Astrological Source: Llewellyn’s 2007 Daily Planetary Guide.
Astrologically, around lunch everyone is talking and communications are in high gear. Good news about your career and yourself arrives. Unfortunately, the rest of the afternoon is fraught with anxiety when the good news carries more work and responsibility and your time is stretched pretty taut right now anyway. For the next couple of days it will seem like the reward you reap is a sheath of papers to fill out and more restriction and responsibility. This too will end so be patient. Invading another’s space this evening will cause temper tantrums and energies are high and explosive. By later night you may be able to salvage a social interaction but it leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say parenting and children are difficult today and require more diplomacy and patience than normal.

Today’s Cat Comfort card is Cat’s Eye. “Open that inner eye and you will see what is really going on.”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for Myk the Myomancer. He foretells the future by studying the movement and leavings of mice. You don’t have to adopt a mouse though a couple of my cats would like to, for a few minutes anyway. Myk just wants you to look at the small things, the little patterns swirling around today. With the astrological aspects, doing that could keep you out of a big argument or mistake today.

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 8 and the Element is Metal. The sheep find conflict today. Today is an auspicious day for haircuts, medical procedures, writing and births.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “I let go of my personal worries. My outlook on life expands and I dedicate all my energy to give and to serve. There lies the true source of my happiness.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.
These messages are helping so many people that I am setting each day’s card up in a psionics generator so you can tap into the energy during the day. Just think of a rainbow and the energy will come to you.

COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

The Bitwit is totally spoiled. The shop TV is the only one I can get certain channels on probably because the signal is piggybacking on the cell phone tower next door. So I like to watch those cute boys from Supernatural here and a few other shows. Anyway, I usually bring popcorn, a Bitwit favorite. However, one night I brought a dill pickle to cut down on calories. She was certain that had to be good and ran over and stuck her nose on my pickle. Well, a piece adhered to her nose and would not shake off. She had a fit. So, I have been trying to make it up to here by bring popcorn. Each night, I swear she manages to eat more than the night before. I hope she doesn’t pop.
I am afraid Trojan Cat, the Microwit’s mother is weaning them and they are now demanding multiple feedings. I may have to bring them to the shop because they eating like little pigs.
My poor shoes have not yet dried from yesterday little thunderstorm fiasco at Walmart. For a few minutes I thought I had even lost my cash card…something I am both paranoid and super careful with, but it turned out it was on the floor where I had stripped off my dripping wet clothes. Walmart ponchos have snaps up the sides and guess what comes through the slits between snaps: WATER!
Every once in a while, and more frequently now, people ask why not buy candles at some cheap outlet? I buy wholesale because I am reselling and I have had the ingredients for a spell hit over 50.00 so I know your pain. BUT…what are you really getting from the cheap outlet? Wax is tied into price to oil because it is made from petroleum. Cloth wicks are not only more expensive than lead ones, but require a higher grade of wax with less oil in it to burn properly. Essential oils are way more expensive than perfume oil and a little bit goes a long way. So when real essential oils are used in a candle, you only need to burn the candle a little while to perfume the whole room whereas with the cheap perfume oils, you may have to burn multiple candles for hours to get the same effect. So are you really saving any money? Can you really trust anything coming from China not to be loaded with lead and with a candle, you are now breathing the lead in? So consider this: I would not burn a candle from a cheap outlet inside my store or house. They go outside in the little faery houses and holders. They expel so much soot you will be washing your walls for a week when you decide to repaint. Guess what you lungs look like! The cleanest burning candles are palm oil but they are all in glass because the wax is so soft. When you use a disappearing wax candle where do you think the wax goes? That’s why in ritual use we tend to use old dripping candles. At least you aren’t inhaling all of the candle with them. By the way, the little Chime Candles I sell are made in Germany. The glass enclosed candle I carry are made down in Miami Florida. I do not carry the Chinese stuff.

No comments: