Saturday, September 20, 2008

Forecast for 09-21-08 and Corn Syrup

09-21-08


FORECASTS:
Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.
Today’s Tarot Card is the Nine of Pentacles: acquisition. This is the force that allows you to achieve, move upward in the Universe, gain and it can bring a comfortable divorce settlement or legacy. There is even travel, commerce and adventure with this card but the trick is to keep moving. Do not become lazy after the first success.

Astrological Source: Llewellyn’s 2007 Daily Planetary Guide.
Astrologically, the fourth quarter of the Moon is at 10:04 PM EPC. For the rest of us, it occurs tomorrow. Being distracted in the AM is an excellent way to get involved in an accident and to say things you don’t mean. Slow down, watch where you are going and think! Energy is high in the noon time but waffling. You just can’t decide what to do. It is an excellent time for a psychic reading. However, stay away from big ticket electronics as you may be deceived in some way. Tonight: PARTY! For the next the week you are very tempted, so tempted it is going to take will power, to buy fashion over function, take beauty over substance and generally be deceived by a nice sounding anything. BEWARE! These are not the economic times to do this. Tonight you may discover the changes you had planned are either illegal or just can’t be implemented due to rules and regulations. So, before you present anything on Monday, you really want to double that before you have egg on your face. Make certain it can be done.
Folks, I read what the other astrologers are saying about economics and the coming aspects and let me just say this: some of them are taking a really optimistic view of the aspects. I believe in realism, in astrology and in my readings. Nice things are great to hear but not if you are going to be in the homeless shelter a few weeks after hearing them. Yes, things could go fantastically well. That option is and has always been there but any idiot can see, it has not been happening. I could win the Lotto by finding the winning the ticket in the parking lot! NOT very likely!

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say it is time to raise your standards. Look for the long term commitment, the lasting value and durability. Stop settling for the cheap crap. You just wind up hurt and replacing it.

Today’s Cat Comfort card is “Something the Cat Dragged In.” “You’ve been having a hard time: things will get better.”
Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for the Singer of the Chalice. Singers are the hardest of all the faery energies to understand because they are so very far removed from humans. They are the easiest to see as they have no fear of us. Their energies are there for us to use and direct. When we embrace the Singer of Unity’s energies that all is one, the elements of the Chalice begin to flow through us: trust, joy, patience, creativity, hope and miracles. At first this may seem strange and even bitter but then we are able to trust this singer and the good things flow. Be open. All these things are right there.
Today’s Lo Shu Number is 3 and the element is wood. The Horse finds conflict today but the Rat is having a great day.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “My work and my life’s path are now rapidly moving toward their Divine realization. An abundance of love, beauty and energy is now emerging naturally in my life. I share these gifts with others through joyful service.” Annie Marquier, creating a world of peace one thought at a time.
COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER
I bought a copy of Michael Moore's new book: Mike's Election Guide 2008. You pretty much alternate between laughing your ass off and crying but suddenly, a chapter really hit home.
I have been trying to find out what I am allergic to for years. Not even a food diary helped as it was different foods each time that seemed to trigger it. Even old favorites would suddenly turn on me.
Well, he traces the obesity and diabetes epidemic to one single political (yes- political) act. It was a pork barrel project to produce more corn and (he didn't say this but it was the original idea) ruin the sugar industries in Mexico and Cuba producing cheap sugar and run the prices up for the American Sugar industry. High fructose corn syrup was introduced as a cheap substitute for sugar. It is sweeter than sugar, cheaper than sugar and easier to add to everything! What's not to love? He's is 100% right - it is in everything. I've been checking.
Now for a little background. You used to buy corn syrup in the grocery and the only reason you bought it was you were too poor to afford maple or molasses OR you had a baby that just couldn't gain weight. Then you added a teaspoon or less to their milk bottle and viola - a couple of weeks later that baby was fat and "healthy??". I have used it for years until the day it mysteriously disappeared off the supermarket shelves to put weight on sick cats and abandoned baby kittens. Let me tell you folks, one week and you had little butterballs and they stayed that way. Little did I know that I was next permanent butterball and to add insult to injury - I am mildly allergic to corn. I had already learned never to eat it during the day. Dinner was fine because it makes me lethargic, sleepy, elevates my body temperature and causes my face to turn bright red and break out.
My mother could never gain an ounce of weight. Oddly enough, the year she started gaining weight and could never take it off was the year high fructose corn syrup invaded everything, including her beloved bowl of nightly cereal. It was the same year I started gaining weight and I am fairly certain menopause had nothing to do with that as I was only 10.
So take my advise with a grain of salt -it's up to you - but I would start reading labels. Don't think you are safe in the organic aisle. High fructose corn syrup can be totally organic! As to me....I am about to have the fattest raccoons and possums in the USA starting tonight! By the way....there is no such thing as a raccoon proof garbage can even with a pad lock.

No comments: