Friday, November 6, 2009

Forecast and Faery Finder for 11/07/09

11-07-09
Forecast and Faery Finder
By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit


According to Llewellyn’s Spell-a-Day Almanac, today’s color is Indigo and the incense is Ivy.



FORECASTS:

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is the Hermit: Exaltation. Push your ego to the side and let the cosmic forces enlighten and lead you today.

Astrological Source: Llewellyn’s 2009 Daily Planetary Guide.
Astrologically:
You have some great ideas about how to promote yourself in the early morning and they may even come to you in dreams. It is not the day to implement them. Money and help are not on the way and you may find dealing with electronics a general pain this morning. By afternoon a loved one tells you how much they love you and then you aren’t certain exactly what they meant by it. Calls and emails from family are confusing.
Venus enters Scorpio at 7:23 PM EST, where she puts on the black dress and gets sexy.

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say:
If you stay the course through opposition, dreams can come true today.

Today’s Cat Comfort Card is :
Catamaran: “Stay balanced. Ride out the storm.”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for:
Luathas the Wild is a green Fae with tattered wings and they got that way because in his haste he just doesn’t watch where he is going. He is very impulsive and can get you in a lot of trouble. Hang gliding? Why not? It’s safe, right? Although he is green, he is a Fire Fae and these is no way to predict when he is going to show up. In his best and most manageable form, he brings creativity. Just don’t expect him to stick around for the final product because he gets bored.

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 8 and the Element is Fire. The Dog finds conflict today. Today is NOT an auspicious day for haircuts, medical procedures, writing, gambling, construction or Births.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “I stop taking myself so seriously. I let go of my feelings of self-importance and of all the dramas in my life. Through simplicity, humor, laughter and play, I rediscover the joy, lightness and magic of life.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.

COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

Sorry about yesterday but I really was feeling much worse than I thought I was.
When you are trying your best not to cause yourself more harm, you just can’t get out of your own way. I am trying to not touch the incision. So far I have jammed my eyeglasses in my eye, whacked myself in the eyebrow several times and even poked myself in the eye with my finger. None of this do I do on a daily basis, but today, I am doing it hourly! OUCH!
Napoleon’s fever is down and his eye is no longer running. He even played last night so my baby is on the mend. By tomorrow he should back to normal. Right now he is my lap. All the other cats got their Advantage yesterday, but I held off on Napoleon because of the sneezing. Tomorrow he gets his! I have concluded I am not a cat owner, I am a cat slave.
One thing I have often found amazing is the blame curve when people finally accept there is more to life than just what you see. One day they didn’t even believe in metaphysics and a month later if they get a hangnail it has a metaphysical cause and usually that is a CURSE!
I tend to think of it as extreme laziness. It is easier to blame and curse and someone else than take matters into your hands, find the reason and DO SOMETHING!
Now some of you know I began my career in high education studying to be a theoretical mathematician. Yes, I can even do calculus. Then I moved to biology and botany and before moving into psychology can getting my degrees. It wasn’t for lack of ability because even with those ‘hard’ courses, I graduated with honors and my psychology degree is in experimental psychology. So no matter how much lamentation around me, I first look for the logical, rational explanation.
Take last weekend. I came home in total agony as I have from every event I have done outside the shop. True, at the moment it made no sense. I am doing nothing I do not do all day at home and the shop: read cards. Most people would be trying to ferret out who was cursing them but I’m looking for the logical explanation and after a couple of days of cogitating on it, at 3 AM I sat up in bed with the AHA moment.
Imagine you sit for five hours with your legs straight out in front of you playing solitaire with real cards. At the end, I bet no matter what your age, you would be stiff and hurting. That is what happens to me in reverse. I normally sit in a modified Lotus position or with my legs straight out on the bed, laptop in my lap. I go to an event and I have to sit with my legs dangling down, pulling every muscle in my body from my toes to the top of my head by moving my arms and hands to lay out the cards and shuffle them. Now, I can fix the problem. I get cushions and modify what I doing and work on sitting for short times in a chair with my legs down….sort of training for the event. Who knew reading cards was so strenuous? It looks easy…..as do so many things.
The Microwits have been having Advantage since they were bitty wits, so they are totally used to it. They are happy to be rid of the few fleas they had. However, George quickly learned the Catwits are much more challenging. I don’t think he liked chasing cats. Me, I lure them out with food and then I pounce. Hey, they pounce me all the time. I have the scratched ankles to prove it.
This is my first experience with surgical glue. Wow, look mom, no stitches. I just have at least one fine line where the tissue is put together. Actually I can see three, but most of the area is covered with some new type of tape or bandage. George went hysterical last night when he found me taking a shower, but I had no intention of getting my eyebrow wet. I called the doctor today , just to check, and I can even wash my hair. I just have to blot the area dry. Wow, you have no idea how much of change that is from the olden days when I was young and dinosaurs roamed the earth. I know I said I would kill for some hair color, but I really didn’t mean getting my hair colored with Betadine. On the plus side, it is red.
I am trying to learn to sleep on my back. I have to have my legs elevated so my back remains straight on the back wedge I need for my asthma. I have a leg pillow but my legs, unlike the rest of the universe, are perfectly balanced. The upper and lower part is equal in length and the leg is equal to my body including my head. Yes, it makes for a really pretty leg and a nicely balanced body but it also means no chair or cushion ever fits you comfortably. Now, add a 27 inch inseam and you feet don’t reach the floor most of the time and nothing really fits right. So, I am improvising and as a result, I can just now move my left shoulder and turn my head. I can’t sleep on the right side because that is where the original cancer operation is healing and now the left side has an eyebrow wound healing. My back is my only option and that is why I was on Facebook so late last night. I was going for totally miserable.
Now that I have no real TV, I swear the DVD’s are multiplying. I have to find a holder of some kind for them. I know there are rentals, but I do so like to rewatch Fringe to see what I missed the first time around and a whole bunch of others. When you live with chronic pain, a good DVD library can be a sanity saver. You also need a sound machine because for me, nothing is as relaxing as the rain. It used to be the crickets chirping until Purdy von Sweets tried to kill the machine. She was getting them out of it one way or the other.
The new J.D. Robb book: Kindred in Death is sitting beside me so you know I can’t wait to dig into it!

2 comments:

aswesow said...

pilingYou're funny if you're apologizing to me. You know I don't read your forecasts but that I look forward to your commentaries. You are interesting and you usually reveal something about your character, that's what makes a blog worthwhile.
I know how it is when you are trying not to hurt yourself more. Kind of like the thumb I split 3 weeks ago, it'd have been healed 2 weeks ago if I didn't...
The blame curve...I think I've heard a sermon or 2 on that...still, in my defence...it ain't MY fault!
George is kind to put up with catwits...let alone chase them.
My wife has asthma, of course it is not at all aggravated by our dear Bob cat who shares her pillow!
Crickets chirping? I guess it's nice outside...but when the come in and hide under the bookcase, well I'm with Purdy! I can sleep through rain, but this southern sask wind does nothing to relax me.

Janice Scott-Reeder King said...

They have found that cats actually help asthmatics. I have asthma and have never needed any medication except and emergency inhaler and I have only needed it away from the house.