Sunday, November 8, 2009

Forecast for 11/09/09 and Helpful Hints

11-09-09
Forecast and Faery Finder
By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit

Helpful Hints


According to Llewellyn’s Spell-a-Day Almanac, today’s color is Gray and the incense is Narcissus.



FORECASTS:

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is the Four of Pentacles: Authority. Keep your secrets to yourself as today they will be used against. Hidden enemies abound.

Astrological Source: Llewellyn’s 2009 Daily Planetary Guide.
Astrologically:
For about a week, social events allow elders and those in authority to relax and make changes.
The Fourth Quarter Moon begins at 10:56 AM EST.
You will find it hard to promote yourself this morning. The Power Lunch doesn’t exist and is a bad time to discuss financial matters. Actually, it is not a nice day. Arguments occur in the afternoon has someone’s ego gets under your skin. Old hurts, pains and wounds resurface to annoy us. Surprise emotional announcement take your ego down quite a few notches. Lastly, romance is going bad and you intuition is so far off it isn’t even in the ball park. Work alone and on things to fix yourself.

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say:
Family harmony is hard to achieve today.

Today’s Cat Comfort Card is :
Fat Cat: “Be generous; share your abundance with others.”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for:
Indi was in Shakespeare’s famous play: To be or not to be. Actually although the choice seems obvious but he can never make up his mind and if he infects you, you will be in as big a muddle as he is.

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 6 and the Element is Earth. The Rat finds conflict today but the Rooster (George) has ease.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “My work and my life’s path are now rapidly moving toward their Divine realization. An Abundance of love, beauty and energy is now emerging naturally in my life. I share these gifts with others through joyful service.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.

COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

Today’s commentary is very mundane helpful hints.
1. For the first time today in I don’t know how long, awoke without pain in my neck, shoulders and back. I also awoke without the migraine I usually wake up to and I could focus my eyes. The problem was, I simply didn’t want to leave my comfy little nest. The only change is the memory foam topper. I am heartily endorsing. I usually work on my laptop on my bed where I have the huge (It’s a twin bed.) surface to spread stuff out on and for the first time, my lower posterior is not hurting! This is good!
2. Are you dieting and cutting down on the carbs but love those mashed potatoes? Well, I was in the doctor’s office the TV was on the Diabetic Channel. Yes, there not only is such a thing but it is the only thing he ever has running. Okay, he’s an endocrinologist but would the Science Fiction Channel kill him? I wound up sitting next to it and could actually hear it for the first time. To cut the number of carbs in mashed potatoes in half and get some really neat vitamins, here is a recipe that George almost had to hold his nose to taste. Now, it is a nightly menu item. He loves it. Boil half red potato chunks and cauliflower (Yes, you read that right.) together. Mash them with a tablespoon of low fat sour cream and top with a couple of tablespoons of low fat shredded yellow cheese. I’ve been using the Mexican Mix. You won’t even need margarine on them. However, I will warn you. If you let them sit, the cauliflower becomes more prominent. At first, you can’t even taste it. An hour later, you can taste it. You can adjust the cauliflower amount up and down to suit the number of carbohydrates you want.
3. Okay, I am cheap. It suddenly got to me that we only use half a Post It note. Very seldom do we write anything on the back and the back is sticky. We rip them off and into the garbage they go. Now, that tweaked my Scottish/Dutch genes and I spent some time working out a system to use the back of the note. It turned out to be simple. Just flip the note over and attach it to the bottom end of the bottom of the stack. You can chain them out and have a nice piece of note paper when you are finished. Bingo, both sides used!
Now that the helpful hints are over, I have made a discovery. When you absolutely do not want to hit a part of your body, you will hit that part repeatedly. I got some water on the wound and went to blot it. I whacked myself in the eyebrow so hard, I have a headache. It would be nice if that was the first whack but I have also poked myself in the eye several times. Never before have I assaulted this eye with such frequency.
I buy some lunch meat at Costco that comes in a little tray. It is either herbed turkey (my favorite) and the new fried chicken flavor. Being frugal, see number 3, I decided the tray would make an excellent cat food bowl for a while. Before I could get the cat food out, Mr. B had the tray by one end and is trying to straddle it and walk at the same time. He was falling on his nose with every step but he managed to get it into the living room. I was laughing too hard to take it back. I have no idea where it finally ended up but I am sure at some point I will step in it and almost break my neck.
By the way, 11/09/09 is a one day, so work on things for yourself. 9 is for magic so this a day for spells of self improvement by (3rd quarter Moon) removing obstacles and habits that are holding you back.
I DON’T BELIEVE IT! It is the first of November, the wind is blowing so hard it almost snatches the laundry out of my hands and those no good for nothing blood sucking little mosquitoes have ringed my ankles with bites. Don’t they have an off season?

2 comments:

aswesow said...

Oh man, we are finally past mosquito season, the pond is froze over! We like potatoes but don't eat them often because they aggravate my wifes arthritis. I hate cauliflower, but maybe I'll give that a try. We used to throw a kitty treat into a duct tape roll. It was fun watching Bob try to shake that off his head. I'm not sure if he outgrew it, or I outgrew it, or he finally learned.

Janice Scott-Reeder King said...

Cat do bore easily. However, another friend assures me they have mosquitoes in Alaska. There is no hope....