Monday, November 30, 2009

Forecast and Faery Finder for 12/01/09

12-01-09
Forecast and Faery Finder
By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit


According to Llewellyn’s Spell-a-Day Almanac, today’s color is Red and the incense is Cinnamon.



FORECASTS:

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is Fortune: rotation. Karma is in play today.

Astrological Source: Llewellyn’s 2009 Daily Planetary Guide.
Astrologically:
The Moon enters Gemini at 9:23 AM EST.
The Moon is full at 11:30 PM PST at 10Gemini15.
Uranus goes direct at 3:27 PM EST.
Venus enters Sagittarius at 5:04 PM EST.
For a couple of days, intuition on target and psychic communications are very strong.
This morning social interactions seem to be more trouble than they are worth. There is a lot of aggravation with changes by elders in the afternoon. However, if you are diplomatic you can get through a lot red tape.

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say:
It is hard to have positive expectations today, but negative ones just bring negative results.

Today’s Cat Comfort Card is:
Curiosity Killed the Cat. “It’s not nice to pry. Stay out of other people’s business.”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for:
The Maiden comes for a visit and she always brings new beginnings, joy and hope.

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 8 and the Element is Metal. The Dog finds conflict today. Today is an auspicious day for medical procedures, writing and births but not for haircuts.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “Every time a door closes, another one opens up toward wider and more beautiful horizons. The space naturally created in my life not brings me even greater possibilities for growth. I welcome any change in my life with confidence and joy.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.

COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

Just in case anyone is wondering, no the keyboard isn’t fixed. I am using an external one. So I reach over every once in a while and hit the 2 key.
I had high hopes for getting a lot done on the web when I lost internet service. The poor gal really worked with me but we couldn’t get it to sync up. She said she would keep trying and about 4 hours later, it came up! She is getting a really good review when I get the survey email. It’s nice to get genuine American help in TN.
I have been so tired today all I managed to get done was two loads of towels, one for me and one for the cats. Yes, they have their own towels. If I don’t give them towels, they take mine. Some times they take mine anyway. I am being blackmailed by the entire animal kingdom.
I sure most of you have read or more likely heard the news. Folks, when I worked in psychiatry the first rule that was never broken was: report all threats. You alerted family members if threats were being made against them. You took them seriously. It didn’t matter who made them. You took them seriously.
Several months ago I was watching a mother on TV fingering her cross and claiming with total certainty that her son loved her. My first thought was, it’s true, Christianity makes you stupid. This is not the time for faith, it is the time for action. Let me give you some background. The kid convinced another boy to kill his mother with a knife after the son lured her outside to the proper spot as an initiation into a club of ONE! The only thing that saved her was the knife broke in her collar bone. He was upset over changing schools. Anyone who can convince another person to kill someone as an initiation to club containing one member (himself) is a dangerous psychopath. He has no concept of the word love. This is not when you turn the other cheek and particularly your back. This is when you look for a place to lock him up because he is just going to get more clever as he gets older and he is pretty darned clever right now. You don’t convince siblings to drop domestic violence complaints against your troubled little boy or some day, you have a lot of people dead. You have a responsibility to protect your normal children from the dangerous one. People do not improve being allowed to continue to bully others. No, you can’t handle it. You can’t fix it. You aren’t qualified. Yes, you should love your children but you should also know sometimes, they are defective and can’t be fixed. When that happens, all you can do is minimize the potential damage.
I remember one patient saying to me that mental illness is like having a monster following you around. You have good days and bad days but no matter how good the good days, you can never let your guard down for a moment or the monster wins. Patients knew one thing, they could always count on me to be fair even when I was recommending their little tushes get locked up. However, insanity is just that. A person has no concept of how their behavior affects another person. Everyone else’s behavior affects them, but what they do just doesn’t exist in their mind. There is no empathy with other people. Other people do not feel, only they have feelings. Only they hurt. The slightest affront or suspected affront is blown completely out of proportion very often with violent reactions.
I remember a patient totally destroying an office and threatening the workers who locked themselves in a closet scared to death. One hour later, this person was sitting in a chair in my office sobbing hysterically because these people would not return their calls. I very gently asked if it was possible they were refusing to answer the phone because he had just destroyed their office and tried to kill them. I will never forget the totally blank look I got as answer and then a very quiet, “no”. He could not conceive that his actions had caused this to happen. It wasn’t: I’m such a wonderful person I should be forgiven for beating you. It was: Why would my beating you make you not want to associate with me? What had set him off? He didn’t even know. He thought it was the way the receptionist asked for his name.
You are not going to fix, retrain, illuminate or in anyway alter this person. They are permanently damaged. I had my office arranged so that I could reach the door first and I had a desk and equipment tray between me and them. That is called survival. I had no illusion that after 10 years of working with this person, and several others, that they could turn on me in an instant and try to kill me for no reason. However, thanks to Reagan, we could not lock them up for more than 48 hours then, 24 now, involuntarily commit them without them committing a crime or force them to take their medication. Oh, and just to let you know how serious this was, this person was stalking the chief of police. We knew that if the Chief of Police ever made a move that he didn’t agree with, he would try to kill him. There was nothing we could do. Yes, people have rights but in Washington several police officers are dead, a man with a history of violence is on the run and you can’t help but wonder, why? Have we completely lost sight not of what is right and wrong but of what is safe and what is dangerous?
Let me give you a couple of pointers. If you have someone who attacks you in any way and then acts like there is no reason you shouldn’t be welcoming them with open arms, you might want to take quite a few steps back. If you have someone whose main occupation is apologizing for what they have done, you really want to take a few steps back. Normal people learn from their behavioral mistakes and don’t keep repeating them. Normal people don’t attack other people. Normal people have empathy for other people and animals. When that is absent, you might want to run and lock the door because you definitely aren’t going to get any help when things go horribly wrong. The law is on their side. While you are turning the other cheek, keep turning and run! To forgive may be divine and it may also be the last thing you ever do. I have made my share of mistakes, but once I see the warning signs, this lady is no longer associating with that person. Remember most murders are committed by people who are either related to the victim or know them personally. Be careful out there. I can’t afford to lose readers! Anyway, Napoleon wants his own Facebook page. He needs more fans.
That brings me to the latest Flame installment. She now sits on the electric water fountain, stands up and tries to taste test everything I am preparing for meals. Unfortunately, there is no other good place for the fountain. Much to my dismay, I have discovered she likes cheddar cheese.

No comments: