Thursday, January 21, 2010

Forecast and Faery Finder for 01/22/10


01-22-10
Forecast and Faery Finder
By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit


According to Llewellyn’s Magical Almanac, today’s color is pink and the incense is thyme. Today is the first quarter waxing Moon in Aries and St. Vincent’s Day in France.

FORECASTS:

Astrologically for about a week, quirky Aquarius has his eye on a goal and he will use most any means possible to get it. More is done at social events and backroom meetings than out in the open. All bets are off as justice is sought.
The afternoon pushes old issues and hurts to the forefront and devious means are used to solve those problems. After 3 PM EST, everything is fuzzy and not moving until the Moon enters Taurus at 11:39 PM and a weekend of stubbornness, greed and possessiveness begins. Just keep in mind that Karma is watching.

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is the Arch Priestess: dissolution. You can start fresh today. An old idea emerges from your subconscious in a new reincarnation. Look at the world logically.

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say:
Get out there and strut your stuff. Everyone is beautiful in their own way.
.
Today’s Cat Comfort Card is:
Cat Suit: “Be daring. Be wild. Be Bold.”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for:
G. Hobbyah is out and about and he is a hobgoblin, the monster under the bed and the voice that whispers your greatest fears in your ear. He casts a big scary shadow on everything but he is really a little squirt. Banish your fears by inviting them out of the shadows into the light and look at them rationally.

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 9 and the Element is water. The Tiger finds conflict today but the Dragon and Snake have ease. Today is an auspicious day for haircuts, medical procedures, signing contracts, gambling and births but not for starting construction.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “I acknowledge the light within every human. I love, respect and accept each person as the manifestation of the Divine Will on earth. In so doing, I allow those around me to manifest the best of their being. Together we bring healing, beauty and freedom into our world for the highest good of all.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.

COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

Happiness is finally getting your back order in with the astrological almanac you have lost and discovering that today Mercury finally emerges from the storm. That means it returns to the point it went retrograde and begins rapidly picking up speed. Things will now start moving forward. So, don’t bet on anything that happened this week being either permanent or having the effect you thought they would. All bets are off.
Consequences. How I really wish people would stop and think about what they are doing and how it is affecting everyone around them. My neighbor is in a running feud with her next door neighbor to the point the police have threatened to charge either one if they call them out again. I mean this is a ‘your garbage can is one inch over my property line’ idiocy feud.
So every morning she lets this dog out at 6 AM and it barks until 6:11 AM when she lets it back in. She is a dog trainer so I know she could shut the thing up. My dogs never barked like that. I know this is to irritate the neighbor on the other side.
However, I am the one up coughing half the night with bronchitis, who has just managed to fall asleep and maybe get a few hours of rest when I am jarred out of bed by the DOG! George is trying to get a little rest before he goes off to work and he is jarred out of bed by the DOG! The neighbors she is trying to annoy sleep on the other side of their house, probably can’t hear the thing and are retired anyway. They can nap. George can’t. My rest is shot and I am seriously considering whether I can get away with shooting the owner. One thing is for sure, this certainly is not going to engender any cooperation on my part with anything. I am sure the people behind her are not finding it amusing either.
Even Napoleon is in a snit about having his 18 hour nap interrupted. I always put my bed rest pillow aside when I go to bed. Last night I turned on the light and the bed rest had fallen over with Napoleon. All I could see were four little white paws with black paw pads sticking straight up in the air. He didn’t even wake up when it fell over with him! Goddess what I would not give to be able to sleep like that.
Boogaboo has already demanded his 10 minutes of petting for which he delivers purrs at the maximum volume. It is now a daily affair except I never know when I am going to be hit up for the 10 minutes of love. I think that is his way of keeping me on my toes.
A few words about the elections this week. Polls commissioned right after the election do not show a Republican victory as much as a Democratic loss of hope and the beginning of apathy. I admit to feeling very much like: why bother? Nothing is changing. The vocal minority is still stupid enough to shoot themselves in the foot for the corporate giants. I know few people listen to me, but I am going to make a suggestion. If you are homeless, sick and unable to get medical care or trying to get medical care for your sick child you know as well as I do, nothing is going to happen. So, get yourself to Washington DC. Do not make a sign. Do not organize a protest. Do not grant interviews, just pack the galleries in the senate and stand there. Stand on the street at the exits to the parking lots so they have to drive past you. Don’t engage them. Force them to see you. Force them to see face of the people they are hurting. Take off your caps and show your bald heads and ravages of disease. Sit in your wheelchairs and just look at them. Don’t say anything. Refuse to be engaged in dialogue. Make them see the face of the America that isn’t wearing a thousand dollar suit, getting a million dollar bonus or going home to a comfy condo where the maid is serving dinner. You packed the inauguration and showed America the face of hope. Now show them the face of despair and pain. Let them make up their own story because eventually the weight of the truth will crush them. You might as well be homeless in Washington DC as anywhere else. Take it from me, you won’t feel any worse there than anywhere else. Sick is sick. Yes, some people may get arrested but eventually, the jail will be full and then just keep coming. Show them the majority that is suffering in silence in silence because silence is louder than a bullhorn at tea party rally.

No comments: