Saturday, January 30, 2010

Forecast and Faery Finder for 01/31/10

01-31-10
Forecast and Faery Finder
By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit


According to Llewellyn’s Magical Almanac, today’s color is yellow and the incense is Heliotrope. Today is the Nauru Independence Day.
Tuesday is Groundhog Day and Imbolc. I think they are going to have to dig those poor groundhogs out of the snow.

FORECASTS:

Astrologically, the Moon enters Virgo at 8:23 AM EST. Let the nitpicking begin. For a couple of days a lot of people will be getting their rewards for being self centered jerks. They will not like the reward.
The overnight may have produced some nightmares. Don’t take them too seriously and watch what you eat next time. Although you can’t get much financial reward, you can get cherished projects okayed in the afternoon. Changes are made but with limitations that may not seem fair at first. Wait until you have the whole story before passing judgment.


Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is the Five of Pentacles: adversity. There is a feeling of hopelessness. Do not place blame. Everyone is in this together. This setback will actually move you forward and make you a little more cautious next time. You are learning to make informed decisions.

Oh Dear Goddess, I am covered in Faery Dust! The screw down lid came off the vial of Faery Dust! Now that is virtually impossible, but the entire magick box is now covered in faery dust. I am sparkling. The Laptop is Sparkling. Thank you Goddess for keeping Napoleon out of this. I don’t think licking faery dust is good for kitties.

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say:
Visualizing what you want is the key to success today.
.
Today’s Cat Comfort Card is:
A Cat Always Lands on Its Feet: “Be ready for anything. Everything will work out.”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for:
The Green Woman is about and she is always fun. She doesn’t care what you think of her and she can get you into trouble. She is wild and full of natural magick. Untamed creativity is her domain. Just keep in mind before you start a hundred projects under her influence, discipline is needed for success.

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 9 and the Element is Metal. The Boar finds conflict today but the Dragon and Snake have ease. Today is not an auspicious day for signing contracts or starting construction.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “I need not worry about difficulties as I realize that they are opportunities for me to grow in love and wisdom. I accept what is. I follow my intuition and I step into action without delay. Wonderful and unexpected solutions appear to me, and I bring my personal contribution to the world with enthusiasm and joy.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.

COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

I decided to try the new emery cat scratching board that is out. Although the cats are really good about letting me give them their manicures, they do tend to grow out really fast. I don’t know if it works. It worked on my fingernails by accident. Last I saw of the little toy that attaches to it, it was in Bitwit’s mouth headed for the back room at the shop. I brought the other one home. We had to run back out so George had sat it down not thinking about the bag of catnip attached to the bottom. When we got back, everything was in the floor. I have no idea where the bag of catnip is. The cats are spending way more time under the board than on it. I think I have a house full of furry druggies. I have high hopes it will work. If they will use it, it will work. It is a very well made product except for the toy that doesn’t really attach but more sits in a hole for about a millisecond. I think I just saw it streak by the door and it is not self propelled.
Mercury is not retrograde and is not in the storm. It is moving forward at a rather fast clip. The problem is the economy is circling the toilet, not the stars. Aspects have been pretty bad
this last week and will continue that way until Wednesday but you can’t blame Mercury for this. You can blame George Bush and Cheney. The hole is going take a long time to dig ourselves out of and a lot of work.
In our case, we are just holding on. George is getting his resume ready and already on the job web sites making contacts. I am cutting everything back that I can and getting ready to have him working at the shop. That means, we will be opening the shop up some time between February and April. The problem is we don’t know exactly when he will be laid off. We just know the entire Boca division is being closed down. So, now you know as much as I do. One thing I am certain of is that the cats are going to be really upset when I start disappearing for the day. They did not appreciate my outing today. Napoleon got on my lap and refused to be moved. I can’t take him to the shop because Bitwit rules there. Ah, life will be bad for a while until everyone adapts.
I have a couple of days of skin doctors and am not looking forward to it. For some strange reason cancer itches on me. I know that sounds strange but it is true. That is how I discovered the first cancer years ago. Anyway, when she supposedly biopsied the two places on my face, I insisted on a biopsy on the spot on my back which she claimed was mole. She also claimed the biopsy was negative. Now that I know she never sent the first two out but pocketed the money, I have no reason to believe the third biopsy ever saw a lab either and I am very worried it is also a Basal Cell Carcinoma since it itches like mad and is over my spine. Week after next, I go in for it. Down here, it takes a month or two to get an appointment with a dermatologist. We are so far south that we get hit with two rays of UV rather the one the rest of you do. So, we have a lot of skin cancer.

No comments: