Friday, November 7, 2008

Forecast and Faery Finder for 11-08-08

11-08-08
Forecast and Faery Finder by Janice Scott-Reeder and the suspected Republican: Bitwit.
FORECASTS:
Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.
Today’s Tarot Card is the Five of Pentacles: adversity. Hopelessness pervades your thoughts. Avoid excess guilt and don’t place excess guilt or blame over the loss the money or goods. Mistakes have been made but you are moving toward your objective. This experience teaches us to make informed decisions.

Astrological Source: Llewellyn’s 2007 Daily Planetary Guide.
Astrologically, you can really shine this afternoon and even get some concessions from authorities or elders. Money unexpectedly becomes available for those who have been helping others rather than themselves. You may hit evening just not feeling like dealing with paperwork, forms and applications, but the energies are too good to waste. Get to work. You can be lazy later tonight.

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say new opportunities are on the way. Get ready.

Today’s Cat Comfort card is Curiosity Killed the Cat. “It’s not nice to pry into other people’s business.”
Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for the Singer of the Chalice. From this chalice flows the energies of trust, joy, patience, creativity, hope and miracles. Once our hearts are opened to the Unity of all things, these energies flow through us in abundance. No matter how bitter the taste in your mouth at first, they always leave you sparkling clean.
Today’s Lo Shu Number is 3 and the element is Water. The Horse finds conflict today but the Rat is having a great day.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: ‘Humility is now in my heart, opening the door to wisdom, true power and peace.
I now allow the love, peace and simplicity of my Soul to shine through.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.
COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER
After working all morning and getting pooped on by an iguana while sweeping the parking lot, I discovered Bitwit had accumulated a lot of my things after becoming arboreal on Wednesday. She claims she is not stealing, just relocating them to within her protective sphere of influence. I think Bitwit is a Republican.
Anyway, I am now giving you fair warning. The iguanas come out in the morning and the evening and when walking under the arches at the shop, move fast or you will have the unpleasant experience I had this morning. Not only do I have to watch out for birds…but now iguanas!
If you are a gardener, you are always looking for ways to save money and recycle things. That way, you can buy more plants! I bought two lovely noodle bowls in black and wanted to put my ferns in them. They do not have a whole in the bottom. Now, if you have ever used packing worms you know the plant will eat them or you may get the news ones that turn to starch and really gum up the works. Anyway, I need them for shipping!
I was looking at my little water bottles and last night though they would make lovely cutting starter pops. All I have to do is nip the top off and the cats love to play with the tops. Today it hit me I can take the bottom, about ¾ of inch of it, cut a V shaped hole in it and wedge them in the bottom of the noodle bowl for drainage. It works great.
Now, my African violet is in a large pot but I really needed something to protect the stems and leaves from water as that is an invitation for rot. So I cut the top off into a funnel shape and pushed it down into the soil. Now I will just pour the water in there and nothing touches the plant.
But, we still have the middle of the bottle left! Well, there sits my new tomato plant and we all know about cut worms. So, the rest of the bottle now goes around the tomato stems and with any luck, it will also discourage iguanas! All that’s left is the cap and Bitwit is batting it around the shop!
By the way, those bottles are super thin and easy to cut up with kitchen sheers, so come up with your own recycling projects! One always needs a funnel for something….

No comments: