Sunday, March 8, 2009

Forecast and Faery Finder for 03-09-09

03-09-09

Forecast and Faery Finder by Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit


According to Llewellyn’s Spell-a-Day Almanac, today’s color is grey and the incense is Neroli.

FORECASTS:

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.
Today’s Tarot Card is the Nine of Swords: desperation. If you allow yourself to be overwhelmed by not saying no, you will become resigned and assume the role of martyr. You see, the Virgo moon wants to do everything perfectly and when she can’t do that - no one can - she swings to the Pisces moon’s worst quality of martyrdom. Get out in the Universe and finds others of like interests to share the work load and then sanity returns and you have a major breakthrough.


Astrological Source: Llewellyn’s 2007 Daily Planetary Guide.
Astrologically, the Moon enters Virgo at 11:34 AM EDT. Let the nitpicking begin. It is not a good afternoon to express your emotions. Either you will be analyzed ad infinum or picked apart. Late afternoon is the time to make changes and help comes from the most critical of people. Surprise!


Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say new opportunities are out there. Get up early and get out the door and look for them.


Today’s Cat Comfort card is Angel Cat. “Know that you are loved and protected.”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for Indi. Poor Indi, he just can’t make up his mind. Any time we are in a muddle, he arrives to help us get in more of a muddle. The only way to get rid of him is to make a decision!

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 2 and the element is Water. The Sheep finds conflict today but the Monkey is having an easy day!


Today’s Message from the Universe is: “This is a period of divine accomplishment for me. Closed doors are now opening before me. Everything I undertake leads a to success in accordance with the highest possibilities of my destiny.
I celebrate the abundance and the kindness of the Universe.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.
These messages are helping so many people that I am setting each day’s card up in a psionics generator so you can tap into the energy during the day. Just think of a rainbow and the energy will come to you.

COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

I heard George scream and ran out. He was screaming at the cats to stop it. I started to say something as one goes whizzing by my head. Good Goddess, cats were flying everywhere. Napoleon stood up on his hind feet and smacked me! George said they flying from one end of the house to the other knocking everything down. Then I heard Napoleon hit the ceiling, literally, in the dining room and Josephina came off the top of a door. Time for kitty prosac: catnip. They were all mellowed out within minutes. Now, I expect the munchies to hit in about 15 minutes. Now if I could just figure out what they got into that causes this so I could have some of it.
I’m going to save someone out there a life savings today. People are desperate and desperate people make good pickings as a con artist once told me. In fact he had a sure fire method for making for money. The more trouble a person got into, the more readings they needed. I will never forget the look on his face when I pointed out that only lasted until they ran out of money. It was an epiphany. The lesson is: you do not get what you pay for.
I know, I grew up in the 50’s, too. If you bought a bargain dress, you expected it to fall apart in six months. If you bought one at Neiman Marcus, you expected to have it the rest of your life and you would. If you still believe that, raise your right or left hand depending on which is dominant even with the side of your head slightly above your ear. Now smack your self. Do you feel any smarter? Odd, I feel better.
I learned this lesson, the price one, somewhere about 25 or 30. I had a lovely pair of shoes of the same brand I had purchased since I was 4 or 5 that fit perfectly. The heel had begun to wear so I did what you normally did. Now, youngsters pay attention because you have probably never heard of this. I took them to the shoe repair store around the corner to have metal taps put on the heels. That guaranteed another 4 or 5 years wear. My dear Armenian repairman looked at the shoe and said, “No can do.” Huh???? Then he explained how these heels were designed not to be repaired and I was totally scandalized. I mean, we had shoes resoled. Shoes were expensive. You didn’t buy a half dozen pairs! I grew up with my parents managing an apartment building and every year two old guys came down from NY. They made their fortune making shoes. They would take the lass out in the yard and work on their shoes. A lass is the foot shaped form you make a shoe on. They would replace the soles and sides and whatever needed repairing. You did not throw away a good pair of shoes that fit! You replaced straps and buckles that broke and wore out. You repaired heels regularly as it was REGULAR MAINTENCE on your shoes! Well, you threw them out now. The shoe repair now does dry cleaning to stay in business.
A few years later it was the super expensive car one of my coworkers bought. The thing spent more time in the garage than on the road and it was down hill from there. Price is not a guideline for quality or durability.
Money is tight and the urge is to call up these local psychic shops advertising one free question. It is a scam. Now, you might say, they aren’t scamming me. I am getting my answer and hanging up. Those of you who can do that are not the customers they want but you will wasting your time. The answer to your free question is designed to hook you into coming into the shop for a more detailed reading. That’s when the scam begins. You don’t have much money so you are going to ask how much. Well, it’s 10 for the palm reading and 60 for the card reading. You are opting for the palm reading because you’ve got 10 extra dollars. So off you go and get your palm read. Curiously enough, the lovely lady reading your palm now wants 60 because you misunderstood what she said on the phone and there may even be a price chart in an obscure corner of the room. One thing you will find near the door is a goon or two who look like they are about to take your knee caps off if you don’t pay up. You do have an ATM card? They will lovingly drive you across the street to the bank because they are conveniently located very close to an ATM be it bank or grocery. If you pay up, before you get out the door she is suddenly going to see a curse or entity attached to your aura. They know just enough buzz words to scare the daylights out of you and sound legitimate. For a price, they can be removed. Or, she can travel to 7 churches to light 7 candles for your situation but of course, that requires a hefty fee. There is always the cursed money she can cleanse or the lover she can bring to you, the husband she can stop from cheating or the illness she stop because it is due to bad spirits. How about a tin foil hat to stop the aliens from abducting you? No, you won’t get that offer but it is just as silly. All these things are designed to part you from all of your money. And they won’t be happy until your wallet has months flying out of it from disuse.
An equally effective but far more insidious scam is the dependency scam. The “psychic” or “witch” or “Root Doctor” picks what we call a sure thing, like the sun will rise tomorrow if you pay me 50 dollars. Okay, it won’t be that simple. It will be something they know is going to happen from all the information they have pumped you for over the past hour of “conversation”. You are now impressed with their abilities and hooked. Not only that, but this kindly person has just spent an hour of their valuable time talking and sympathizing with you for free! I worked in a store that unknown to me ran this type of scam. I had people calling me asking what screws to use in their table legs. Do I look like Lowes or Home Depot? As it happens I know the answer but why are you paying me 3.99 a minute for it? Some people could not make a single move without consulting their psychic. I’ve seen this happen when I worked in psychiatry. Often counselors would make people dependent on their “advice” to keep the rent paid or get that new swimming pool. You don’t have to be effective to run that scam at solving a problem for people,: just effective at hooking them on you. Remember, the first taste of the street drug is always free. I bore easily. Solve your problem, get you out the door and maybe you won’t bother me for 6 months and I can meet new interesting people. Hey, I have a Gemini ascendant. I like variety. So shoot me.
When you get wise to the scam, the conversations turn darker. They will call to just talk because they “miss” you. You start hearing how bad things happen to people who displease this person, all in conversation, mind you. A few minutes later, they need a couple of hundred for a legitimate expense like a doctor, food, insurance, rent, the phone bill…you name it but it will be something that hooks into an expense you can identify with. If you are sick or very healthy, it will be the doctor or prescription. Renting: they have a mean landlord that will evict them or the phone because then you can’t reach them! They are a little short this month. This is called an implied threat. Call the cops, and I know a client who did on another “psychic”, and the cops are going to tell you, they can’t even question a person on that basis. You made the connection that if you didn’t fork over the money something bad was going to happen to you; they never actually said it would. Run out of money and they drop you like a hot potato but I can almost offer a 100% guarantee by that time, your life is in the toilet and on flush. After all, if things were going great, you wouldn’t have kept calling them and forking over your hard earned money, would you? Why not 100%? Because nothing is a 100% sure thing. Remember that. It is an important life lesson.

No comments: