Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Forecast and faery Finder for 02/25/10

02-25-10
Forecast and Faery Finder
Dear Fellow Pagans
By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit


According to Llewellyn’s Magical Almanac, today’s color is crimson and the incense is carnation.
Today is the German St. Walburga’s Day.

FORECASTS:

Astrologically, the Moon enters Leo at 8:08 PM EST.
Conflicting communications and harsh words will the morning. By lunch you will know what people really think of you and you may not like it. By afternoon, old hurts flare up and you are having a knee jerk reaction to everything. Just as you settle in for the night, your energy increases and you have trouble sleeping. But, pay attention to your dreams because they can contain the solution to a problem you have been facing.

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is the Queen of Wands: regeneration. You can either seek revenge or rebuild. Just remember: the best revenge is living well.

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say:
It is going to be hard to be introspective with everything that is going on today.
.
Today’s Cat Comfort Card is:
Caterwaul: “Express those pent-up feelings. Cry, scream, or sing as loud as you can.”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for:
Ekstasis has decided to stay with us, reminding us we are alive. Get out enjoy her.

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 4 and the Element is Fire The Rat finds conflict today but the Horse have ease. Today is not an auspicious day for haircuts, signing contracts, gambling or births.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “I now let go of all my old habits. I take this opportunity to make fundamental changes in my life. God supports me totally in this action and my life is opening to new dimensions of freedom, love and happiness.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.

COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

I really do not like how commercials on TV are programming us. There is one that talks about how jealous their friends are when they drive up in their wagon. Hey, if your friends are jealous of you and your purpose is to make them jealous, you don’t have friends, you have competitors. There is a big difference and eventually you will find out what it is when you need help.
Fellow Pagans, we have become only too complacent in our rights to the point we openly wear our pentagrams like others wear their crosses, om’s or Stars of David. We know that we can not be fired for our beliefs as long as we don’t try to force them on others, break the dress rules of the company or make a nuisance of ourselves. Everyone should know that Pagans are not evangelic. Most of our sects prohibit any form of evangelizing and most of us really wish a few other religions would adopt those tenets.
Most of us fail to recognize that the law only protects us while we are actively employed. It does not protect you once you are retired or laid off. So, find out who is going to be giving you a reference for the next job you apply for and if there is no way around a bible thumping, nutcase that took exception to you not voting for Reagan when you were 16, get a friend with a company phone number to request information about you as a potential employer. Get hard evidence. Then, file a civil law suit against the individual. Hopefully you can find a lawyer to take your case for free. If enough civil lawsuits hit these people, their leaders might rethink their position because even though you are not going to win a law suit in these lie about everything Republican stacked courts, they are not going to beat the ride through the court system and the time spent in court…hey you can’t get a job anyway, you got time….maybe it will just get them fired. Even if their leaders won’t rethink their position, you can bet they are not going to take money out of their pockets to support their puppets and the puppets may decide the strings are strangling them.
Ah, Napoleon is in the window destroying my screen because the evil gecko is teasing him. She knows he can’t get her through the glass. In Florida, our screens are on the inside of windows because we never remove them. We have bugs all year. I am just about to go out there and pull her tail off myself. Screens aren’t cheap!
Rain all day and a cold front coming through, plus my allergies are not responding to the Sudafed, led to a night of comfort food: a chicken pot pie. The Allergy Index has not dropped below 10 in 10 days! We are suffering down here.
Now, I know some people are about to say, what did you do to attract this to yourself. Oh please….babies are born with allergies. Are you going to tell me they did something to attract that to themselves in the womb? Get real and stop blaming the victim.
I ate mangos for years. I had a tree house in a mango tree I practically lived in for 4 years as a kid. I never had a problem. Then one day as an adult, I almost stopped breathing on the way to work. What happened was we had to drive through a mango grove to get to and from work from our trailer. We left and arrived at the maximum drop time for pollen. Mango pollen annoys everyone to some extent because of its physical structure. I simply over dosed on mango pollen. My body, not being stupid, from that point forward considered any tiny exposure to mango anything a threat and goes into a histamine response. That is why you take anti-histamines to get over allergies. Unfortunately, my body, being super smart, decided that if mango pollen could turn on me, there was no reason to trust the rest of the pollens. Hey, what can I say, my body and immune system are paranoid, too. I try for consistency in all things. From that day forward, headaches, post nasal drip and stopped up sinuses have been my constant companions.
Allergy shots contain a minute amount of the protein your body is reacting to and are hoping to retrain it into believing that every exposure to the substance is not going to kill it. Sometimes they work. Most of the time they don’t. They can kill you by-the-way. My ENT, may he rest in peace because he was the greatest, made you come in for the first week of shots and stay for an hour to make certain you weren’t going to have a fatal reaction. Then and only then, did you get to take the bottle home and give yourself the shots. I took three years of shots and they didn’t do diddly squat. So here I sit, suffering. I’m used to it. Hey, Napoleon’s brother, Purrbie is allergic to fleas, but his two sisters and Napoleon are not. Sometimes, it is just a toss of the genetic dice. Purrbie lost.
Now to the question of: Does anyone do their job any more? Here I sit knowing pagans who have worked their tushes off for twenty years or more getting trashed by the people giving them references just because they don’t believe in the same religion and I put up with idiots. I am beginning to think anytime the routine changes anywhere, start checking what you are getting. I spent two years going to my ENT and getting my hearing aides checked yearly. Well, one stopped working last week. The last time I went in, they had a new woman and she handed me my case back and said she didn’t need to change the tubes they were fine, but she gave me an exchange set in the box anyway. Well, I decided to change the tubes myself this week. I discovered I had one totally pinched tube that would not work as it is closed and a pediatric ear piece that won’t stay in my ear. In other words, she just threw two of anything in bag and stuffed it in my case and probably didn’t even check the hearing aides to see if they were still in sync. I managed to clean the tube and it now works perfectly. That is more a testimony to the quality of the hearing aide than to the idiot supposedly servicing it. By the way, these hearing aides cost over 5,000.00, 6 years ago.
Ladies and gentlemen, they don’t call them Killer Whales because they are nice little sweet things. I have tried to suggest, and so has George, that they paint the tanks with the same substance they use on submarines to absorb sonar. That way, their own voices won’t be constantly echoing in their heads. Can you imagine living in a garbage can? That is what it is like for them.

No comments: