Friday, February 19, 2010

Forecast and Faery Finer for 02/20/10

02-20-10
Forecast and Faery Finder
By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit


According to Llewellyn’s Magical Almanac, today’s color is gray and the incense is rue.
In Tibet, today is the Installation of the new Lama.

FORECASTS:
Astrologically, a major aspect lasting a couple of days will have our more sensitive side feeling like people are just running over us and not listening to us scream our protests. We are even at odd with our own more aggressive ego.
After such a lovely night of social interactions, the morning starts with arguments over strange things that make little sense. Maybe it is just your own stubbornness getting in the way? Be more flexible. Change is good. Keep saying that.

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is the
King of Wands: restriction. Tolerance and generosity are needed today. Visualize the future you want and then take the necessary steps to get there.

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say:
Today is the right time to get in tune with your higher consciousness.
.
Today’s Cat Comfort Card is:
Catapult: “Launch yourself forward. Go for it!”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for:
Myk the Myonmancer is sneaking around. He foretells the future by studying the movement of mice. You, on the other hand, need only pay attention to the small things. Napoleon will catch the mice for you.

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 8 and the Element is Metal. The Sheep finds conflict today. Today is an auspicious day for haircuts, medical procedures, signing contracts, gambling and births.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “Despite darkness and difficulties, I continue on my path with strength and courage. I persevere. Obstacles vanish one after the other and my most deep-felt wishes are now fulfilled.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.

COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

We can’t break out the champagne because we can’t afford it, yet, but thanks to the stimulus package, we have now returned the same jobless rate Bush started us on his first month in office. He began with positive job growth from Clinton and there was an immediate downturn when his first initiative hit us. We are now back to that level and hopefully, we will pull out this by the end of the year. It really does look doable! Everyone pat yourself on the back.
We also only hear the screaming, but the truth is the Democrats are now raising more money than the Republicans. People are voting with their wallets. We are winning. Things are going to get better.
I started the morning with quite a shock. Napoleon fell off my back rest and took the TV down with him. I woke up with Napoleon in my left arm, half a sleep, and my right hand balancing the TV, sitting up. In other words, I caught him and the TV while asleep. Goddess, I have good reflexes! He looked up at me through half open eyes as if to say, “WHhhhhhatttt happened? Why are you here?” My reward was a partially sprained right wrist and a toothache from Hades because I clenched my jaw when I caught them. Then came the migraine….but I was still within my weekly limits on aspirin so I could take a pill.
Then I cleaned up everything else that hit the floor and decided it was the perfect day to wash all my bed linens and try out the new micro fiber sheets and comforter. They are super soft but the verdict will have to come tomorrow. First of all, if I had changed everything back to my satin sheets, they would have carried me out of here in a body bag. The micro fiber sheets and comforter are small. I have both stretched as far as possible so don’t buy them if you have a thick mattress. Mine have to reach over a mattress and the memory foam pad and it isn’t working. The second fiasco is the memory foam pad is heavy and that makes it hard to lift the mattress it is now attached to securely. Then I discovered I seemed to be itching from laying on them. They are SUPER SOFT, so why am I itching? I decided to find out what micro fiber is. Well……it is a synthetic fiber made from the left over sludge from refining oil. I have never gotten along with petroleum products much let alone their byproducts so I may be remaking this bed tomorrow. Oh Joy! Why didn’t I do some research? Oh, right, they were on a really good sale and they were soft. Yes, I did wash them and the comforter before using. This comforter is softer than velvet and the backs of my legs are itching where I am sitting on it. This is not good. It is like I am being stuck by billions of little fibers.
In the metaphysical arena, I try to bring you good products. Today I saw a new one and I am not mentioning any names, but I have my certification in aromatherapy and I use my herbs for magical spells, too. Anyway, this thing was supposed to be a fantastic dispenser that atomized herbs you placed in it using steam (that was my guess when I looked at it). Other models seemed to just heat the herbs. Then I saw the price and you know what, my pot of water with a handful of herbs thrown in it looked really good! Does anyone really need a titanium grinder? I think not. This old Druid will pass.

No comments: