Friday, October 2, 2009

Forecast and Faery Finder for 10/03/09

10-03-09
Forecast and Faery Finder
By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit


There was a bit of confusion yesterday. Apparently some people have mistaken Napoleon for a dog, an animal which can be trained. My lord and master, Sir Napoleon, is currently in the process of training me, as all good cats do. I will try to do better.

According to Llewellyn’s Spell-a-Day Almanac, today’s color is brown and the incense is sage.

Today is the beginning of Sukkot.

FORECASTS:

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is the Ten of Swords: destitution. Trying to take care of other people’s affairs just saps your energy. Let them solve their own problems and learn from doing it.

Astrological Source: Llewellyn’s 2007 Daily Planetary Guide.
Astrologically:
The Moon enters Aries at 5:21 AM EDT. The morning is not the time to petition authorities or elders for changes. The Full Moon is at 11:10 PM PDT in 11Aries10. With the Full Moon in effect and no aspects all day and evening, people may be a little nuts.

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say there are blocks to kicking up your heels today so settle down and work.

Today’s Cat Comfort Card is Cat’s Eye. “Open that inner eye. You’ll see what’s really happening.”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for the Singer of the Chalice. All energies flow from the Chalice: trust, joy, patience, creativity, hope, bliss and miracles. Unconditional love can be yours if you open your heart.

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 4 and the Element is Metal. The Boar finds conflict today but the horse has ease. This is not an auspicious day for haircuts. By the Chinese calendar, this is Mid-Autumn

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “Peace flows through me and around me. I free my mind of all criticism. I communicate and serve in a peaceful and loving way.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.


COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

As I was fixing my bowl of cottage cheese and boiled egg for breakfast, Fiona jumped up on the sink and threaded to have a genuine, honest to Goddess, Fiona sized fit if I did not give her a slice of boiled egg. She actually ate half of it. My training has begun anew.
Our PC, Personal Cat, as she was named after Patches refused to stick, passed to the other side this morning. She was a very old cat and is survived by her last sister, Princess Probe One. Her last six months had left her blind but perfectly able to navigate the house she had lived in since she was about twelve weeks old. She had an easy transition with all the cats around her and will be buried tonight at the living room window she loved so much. I am afraid my older cats are passing on and the new generation of Wit Cats (Catwits, Kitwits, Bitwit and Microwits) are taking their place.
Several people have asked me on several venues to explain what a ward is. A ward is any symbol used for protection on a person or location that has been energetically charged. It can be anything from a Star of David to one of the many sigils in a three inch thick book I own to your own specialized, created sigil. However, a ward is not a charm, a mineral or a physical object. Wards are drawn symbols.
I know what the next question is; I am psychic. How do you charge a ward. There are several methods. Drawn at the proper time, a ward will absorb the ambient energy around it. It will not be as strong as a charged ward. There are two schools of thought on charging and probably more that are about to write me, but we will stick with the two biggies. One believes that the worker gathers their internal energy and transfers it into the ward either mentally, through a conduit like a casting wand or via blood. The other group believes that the worker grounds themselves, opens their crown chakra and allows the Universal energy to flow through them into the ward. The first group reasons that when the individual’s energy is used, the ward is very specialized and will work better at protecting them. The second group feels the Universe has a greater amount of energy than an individual and will always lend its energy to positive protection. Which is right? Well, I’ve been known to use both methods at the same time. Whatever works for you is the right answer.
How are they actually created? At first, they are drawn, physically, with the right color of charged ink on parchment paper or carved or burned into wood or stone which has been cleared and sanctified. As an individual gets better at it, they can mentally draw the sigil. There are many sigils I can easily invoke without drawing them out on paper. As you use the sigil more and more, you can visualize the entire sigil and put it into action without tracing the whole thing out in your mind. At least, some people can. Leaving part of the sigil out is going to invalidate it, weaken it or turn it into something else, so don’t try the last trick unless you are very, very sure you can do it. There are several sigils that are burned into my mind so well, the entire thing will pop up in front of me on command, but I have an eidetic memory that allows me to remember tremendous amounts of detail when triggered like a photograph. It is why I am multilingual, extremely good at math and managed to overcome dyslexia. That is not a common phenomena.
Which is more powerful, a simple symbol or a complex sigil? Normally, the latter because the amount of effort placed in its creation enhances the energetic properties. It is also not diluted. In other words, crosses are everywhere. They are streets, windows on buildings, on jewelry…anywhere two objects cross you have one. I had the Microwits laying over each other last night forming a cross. However, the Greater Seal of Jupiter is not everywhere. So it makes it easier for the specifically invoked energy to find that particular symbol than that of a cross that is everywhere. The more hoses you have attached to the water main, the lower the water pressure. It is the same with sigils (wards).
However, using the same ward multiple times in a location creates a stronger field, just like four lamps create more light in a room than one.
Goddess what a night. I got part of the room rearranged and I don’t think I really made a dent. How did I get so many books? The scary part is I had read them all. I count 4.5 Costco plastic boxes full and there are more yet to be boxed. No wonder I need reading glasses. Then the cats became jealous of the computer. First they turned the power strip off. Then they disconnected the charger from the computer. Then they unplugged the power strip from the wall. I was ready to wring necks. Napoleon is so upset the things in the room are moved he was having a running, jumping fit and finally collapsed at the door. Maybe I will now get some rest. He is such an old man for such a young cat. He hates change.

No comments: