Friday, October 23, 2009

Forecast and Faery Finder for 10/24/09

10-24-09
Forecast and Faery Finder & James Ray
By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit

Message from the Microwits: I am Boogaboo. Love me! I rule the house. The Mamma threw me off the counter. I was just checking to make sure the toaster oven was properly cleaned and ready to manifest tonight’s feast, honest. My master Napoleon told me to do it.

Message from the Mamma: I caught Boogaboo trying to open the toaster oven looking for food. He tried to pull the checking the cleaning thing with the refrigerator, too. He is Napoleon’s understudy. He has learned the art of limp. The art of eye rolling has been mastered. I am a goner. I accidentally put ear medicine in Mr. B’s ears thinking he was another tabby. Poor baby, there is nothing wrong with his ears. Then I caught Fiona working her way over to the microwave where the salmon was cooking. They are little furry cockroaches climbing on everything trying to steal your food.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have been thinking that I am losing my mind. I can’t seem to type. Weird words show up on the screen instead of the ones I type. I had autocorrect on and it has changed oven to over twice. Now that I am watching it, I am typing the right word and then it is corrected by Microsoft Works Word Processor. I have to turn this off. So, if you see a strange word in a sentence, the odds are, I didn’t put it there.

According to Llewellyn’s Spell-a-Day Almanac, today’s color is indigo and the incense is patchouli.



FORECASTS:

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is the Ten of Cups: accomplishment. It is time to stop chasing that glittery star and return to your real family, humbly. Life at the top isn’t what you thought it would be.


Astrological Source: Llewellyn’s 2009 Daily Planetary Guide.
Astrologically:
For the next week, secrets are revealed and the mighty fall from grace. Don’t plan on hiding anything because it will be ferreted out.
For a couple of days, temper tantrums abound but no one is sure what is really going on.
With these aspects, you are better off working alone and watching what you say.

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say:
Blocks to financial flow are still in place.

Today’s Cat Comfort Card is:
The Cat’s Pajamas: “You’re the bee’s knees today. Enjoy!”


Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for:
Lys of the Shadows is Fae associated with the helping professions and those who need help. Invoke her and she will bring help, but it is still a do it yourself. She brings help not salvation.

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 4 and the Element is Water. The Monkey finds conflict today but the Horse has ease. Today is not an auspicious day for writing, construction or births.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “I now choose to communicate freely and openly everything that needs to be said. I free my mind from all limiting thoughts and I am now at peace with myself and with others. I no longer worry about what other people think. I know that I am loved and totally supported by the Universe.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.

COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

This James Ray thing no longer has anything to do with what happened. Let me explain. Most people in the, and I use this really loosely, ‘new age spiritual movements’ and I will stick pagan in there just to get everyone, do not believe in the death penalty because of the simple principle that even with evidence and a jury of 12 peers, an innocent man might be condemned to death. Amazingly, they are willing to convict James Ray of murder based on him charging 10,000.00 for a week long seminar.
Until the autopsy results are back and we get some reliable information that doesn’t come from tabloids where the greys are shaving the wolfman in a sweat lodge presided over by Elvis, the rush to judgment should take rest. However, unlike most of my peers, I did some research. You see, nothing just pops into existence regardless of what the creationists want you to believe.
There is no such thing as a peaceful warrior or so it is being said. Actually, the principle comes from the martial arts discipline of the Way of the Samurai in China and Bushido in Japan. For a better explanation of the death references read http://www.esotericmartialarts.com/id69.html as he does a way better job of explaining it than I can. It will also show you how James Ray managed to weave Christianity, martial arts philosophy and new age spiritualism together.
That was one twine of his philosophy. The next twine comes from John Roger’s book: Spiritual Warrior and the Movement of Spiritual Inner Awareness (MSIA) and you can check out their web sites.
The third part of his philosophical DNA comes from an evangelic preacher father and before anyone screams and throws mud, keep in mind that DNA is the conservative Republican movement, the Tea Party and the Christian Right.
One writer has noted while transcribing the brochure people were given upon arriving that there seemed to be some odd phrasing. Odd to her perhaps, but after 38 years of being involved in mediumship and spiritism, the phrasing is not odd to me. It is standard channeling fare. Now here is where all of us in the movement need to get off our high horses and pay attention and try to forget the 10,000.00. This is not a man who believed or practiced channeling. This is man of few words. His writings are not verbose. However, the literature people received upon arriving is quite verbose and shows signs of channeling. We may never know exactly what “really” happened in that tent or what moved him to possibly disregard the safety of people, but one thing is for certain, it needs to be examined beyond the $10,000.00 and science. Did he tap into an energy that took him over as has been suggested by a few authors? If he did, we need to look at that energy because it is running around out there and who knows who is next.
Now let me move to the fourth leg of his spiritual training which is said to be the defiling of the Native American sweat lodge tradition. I have the blood of two tribes running through me, along with some Norwegian. One of my friends in Scandinavia was a little upset that his shamanistic tradition was being hijacked by the Native Americans. WWWWHATTTTTT?????
Yes, and he made a darned good case. Sweat Lodge or sauna is the question. Saunas are an ancient Scandinavian tradition and they can prove it. They can also prove that the Vikings came to the new world, traded and interacted with the Native Americans long before Columbus was born. Undoubtedly they brought their tradition of Sauna along with the longhouse we see in the Native American architecture of several northern tribes and maybe even a few gods (coyote, trickster, Loki). Let’s see. You go into a small room or hut with a small fire heating rocks on which water is poured to produce steam so you can sweat the impurities out of your body for a purging of mind, body and spirit. Am I talking about a sauna or a sweat lodge? The Vikings had their shaman that traveled on every ship and often doubled as a navigator with his magic stone (Iolite) that let him see the stars in daylight. Probably the first thing he did upon arriving in the New World was build a sauna to get months of travel grime out of his pores. I think a lot of people need to get off their high horses. There is more cross pollination than you know about it.
Let’s all calm down, wait for the medical examiner’s report and see what law enforcement has to say as they are not known for their spirituality. Then let’s see if we can piece together what happened by asking the right questions of the participants. Let’s find some staff members and get their perspective on what happened and what they were instructed to do. Only after we have all this information, can we draw a conclusion which may or may not be right. And lastly, we need to know what preparation James Ray took before this seminar to determine what physical and mental state he was in. Did he fast? Did he need medication he stopped taking or did take some he shouldn‘t have? All we know for sure is people died, people got sick, people paid $10,000.00 and a hot tent was involved. Anything else is speculation and fiction at this point.
Sorry folks, but I am Druid. We tend to look at all sides of a dispute before passing judgment. If you want to revoke my membership in the spiritual, new age, pagan, whatever movement, go ahead. I am waiting for more information.
And it came. It seems James Ray was not in the tent and it was his “staff” that prevented CPR being administrated and the people from leaving. It is very possible they had already pulled him out and in what condition we have no idea. Temperatures reached 140 degrees F. He could not have not been affected. He could not have been leading the group and managing the fire, the steam and the physical sweat lodge. It is simply physically impossible. He is currently on his lecture circuit which leads me to believe this person is either not well balanced or well drugged, and he looked the latter on TV tonight.
You have to be very careful who you put your trust in, even when you are the leader. I have seen actors and actresses put in life threatening positions and put in severe conditions to perform when they were in no condition to be out of bed. You have no idea the guilt they can heap on you when you due on stage whether it be speaking, doing readings or performing. I know I would be getting a wheel barrel full if some people knew I was turning down jobs, but I am awaiting another operation. I am too weak to do a lot of things. A leader can become as trapped as a follower in these situations. I’ve seen drugs given to people, alcoholism managed and even physical threats if you didn’t get out on stage. It is a common practice. Hey, look at Michael Jackson. “Here, just take a little. It’ll help you stay awake, perform or relax.” Honeys, I’ve had the hand out to me even in such lowly places as stores when they wanted me to read a double shift and the answer has always been: NO! “If you don’t make this engagement you will never work again.” Well, I’m still working but I’ve had that one hurled at me too. What goes on behind the curtain is not that pretty when you are the support of a cast or family.
And now it comes out James Ray was professional body builder…yup….no drugs in that profession….wink…wink. Never, ever give up the power over your life to another person no matter how well they promise to take care of you. It’s them they are taking care of.
Tomorrow, I’m going to tell you my story of almost being killed and then pushed out on stage to perform.

1 comment:

aswesow said...

Guess I'm out of touch, don't have a clue who james ray is...hey, it's not us creationists that believe that things just pop into existence! I'm glad I'll be able to catch your blog after ebay shuts the blogs down