Friday, July 31, 2009

Forecast and Faery Finder for 08-01-09

08-01-09
Forecast and Faery Finder
By Janice Scott-Reeder and the Bitwit

Due to Cancer surgery on my forehead, I will off indefinitely until I can heal completely, have at least one more operation to remove more cancer, heal…move to Hawaii and say the H with it!

This is an emergency alert to all cats from Poley. I have been living with the humans for two weeks now, I think. The sun doesn’t rise and set normally here. I like the 24 hour Kibble dispenser and the twice a day canned food. For the first time in my life, I am not hungry. I am warm and dry. So you can understand why I was a little curious about the room where it rains every night. The Microwits say it is our Skin Mommy’s bathing room, but I didn’t believe them. Why would anyone go out in the rain? Why would you need a special room to bathe? I lick myself where ever and when ever I want.
So I sneaked up to the door last night and stuck my nose around the corner. The Skin Mommy was getting wet in the rain booth. Why you use stand in the rain and rub froth all over yourself. Then the most horrible thing happened. The rain stopped and she came out. She took her tongue off the rack and rubbed herself with it. Then she HUNG IT UP to DRY. Humans take their tongues out. It is horrible. I shall be scared for life or at least until breakfast. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT, go into the rain room. The sight it too horrible for meows and my sister lets her babies watch. She should be flogged or at least thrown out so I can have her cut of the canned food…..
Note from Janice: Maybe I should rethink the red and pink towels in the bathroom. That stupid Poley almost killed herself running away from the bathroom. Geez, I was just drying off. It’s not like I was going to hit her or anything….


According to Llewellyn’s Spell-a-Day Almanac, today’s color is Brown and the incense is Rue.

Happy Lughnasadh! Although it is a harvest festival, Lugh, for whom the festival was named, was the master craftsman. This festival celebrates artisans and often includes bazaars, games and harvest foods.

FORECASTS:

Deck: Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea.

Today’s Tarot Card is the Five of Wands: contention. Something evil this way comes and you will have to defend your position. When you find out who is really on your side, both shock and then sadness will descend. If you have the courage of your convictions, state your case and you will succeed, but you will have to move on.

Astrological Source: Llewellyn’s 2007 Daily Planetary Guide.
Astrologically, the morning is typical desire for freedom and play verses work. Take the work because financial rewards are possible in the afternoon. Thinking outside the box heals old wounds. Anyone for a second opinion? The evening is a very psychic time. For the next week, social events are nice but do not bring change if that is what you are looking for. Home and family problems may cause more problems for you at work and with authorities. Later this evening, though romance is in the air, it is too vague and may have you saying something you regret. Think first.

Deck: Healing with the Fairies.
The Faeries say your creative expression finds blocks today so settle for finishing up current tasks and projects.

Today’s Cat Comfort Card is Caterpillar. “Slow down. Take time to focus on the small stuff.”

Deck: The Fairies’ Oracle by Brian Froud & Jessica MacBeth
Today’s Faery Finder is on the lookout for the Soul Shrinker. The pale, ugly little fae has the rotten job of observing every rotten thing we say and do. His appearance reflects it back to us so hopefully we will learn to be kinder. Remember, never a sender nor a receiver be.

Today’s Lo Shu Number is 4 and the Element is earth. The Monkey finds conflict today but the Horse has ease. Today is an auspicious day for haircuts, medical procedure, writing, gambling and births but not for construction.

Today’s Message from the Universe is: “Everything that does not contribute to my highest good now vanishes from my life. I let it go. The will of God expresses itself clearly an strongly through the qualities He gave me.
The path of my life is radiant and free.” Annie Marquier creating a world of peace one thought at a time.


COMMENTARIES BY JANICE SCOTT-REEDER

My date with the doctor went as well as can be expected. We are leaving it open to heal on its own for now with him reserving the right to return me to surgery for stitches or skin graphs depending on whether I start healing. So far my recovery has been less than impressive in that department. He wants me to heal from the inside out so it is back to the previous routine and a lot of screaming in the shower for all the wrong reasons. I am doing my best with biofeedback and visualizations.
Every time I think the Microwits have just done the cutest thing ever, they do something else cuter. Last night, all four of them were running wildly and jumped onto the cat log at one time. They were so cute hanging onto it. Of course such moments never come when you have a camera or last long enough for a stupid digital one to take a picture.

No comments: